OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Byron's not gonna like this
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Did Byron give Russell any props for his defense?

He did actually.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Question is why is he giving props when he should be in the gym manning up
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Russell having the stones to call out Kobe's defense. Wow.

Quote:
The real reason Bryant was so amused by that dagger shot was he needed it to bounce back after just getting dunked on by New Orleans' Ryan Anderson (And it's also worth noting that Anderson's dunk happened shortly after Russell had the backbone to chastise Bryant for not stepping into the lane with proper help defense on a previous play).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2615222-lakers-kids-helping-kobe-find-joy-in-the-little-things-amid-season-gone-wrong

That's our future leader.

Yup.

Kobe's been looking for someone to call him out/challenge him on stuff. Finally. And guess what? The world didn't end.

The torch is beginning to be passed in Lakerland...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Russell having the stones to call out Kobe's defense. Wow.

Quote:
The real reason Bryant was so amused by that dagger shot was he needed it to bounce back after just getting dunked on by New Orleans' Ryan Anderson (And it's also worth noting that Anderson's dunk happened shortly after Russell had the backbone to chastise Bryant for not stepping into the lane with proper help defense on a previous play).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2615222-lakers-kids-helping-kobe-find-joy-in-the-little-things-amid-season-gone-wrong

Great. I always wanted him to have Kobe's attitude. Have no fear when it comes to winning.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

That was a good article. Fun read and some insights. DLO chastising Kobe for not rotating into the lane on defense? Wow. The common rhetoric would be that DLO's crosses Kobe to much, that the death stare comes out, that DLO's benched forever... Instead, we have Kobe telling players to clear out, and setting DLO up so he can back Coles down and score in the post. Repeatedly.

Good on DLO and good on Kobe. What a great mentor. Game knows game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

And people say that Kobe is holding these kids down.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

We need to prioritize DLO as our main young guy and build this team around him. The guy clearly has leadership type qualities and isn't afraid to hold teammates accountable no matter who they are. All season it has seemed that out of all the young guys, Kobe has had the best chemistry with DLO, and now its obvious why.

DLO needs to be starting asap. Yeah he's only 19 but it's looking more and more like he's built the right way and wants to lead. Let him be a young leader then. Can't do that as a 25 minute 6th man
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I know it isn't what you meant, but DLO isn't built right to play major minutes this season. He needs to get much stronger. 32-35 mpg should be all he sees.
thesource
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I know it isn't what you meant, but DLO isn't built right to play major minutes this season. He needs to get much stronger. 32-35 mpg should be all he sees.

Agree completely. While I dislike how Byron has handled him, I'd rather it be this way than him playing too many minutes. This first season is just him getting his feet wet, getting used to the speed of the game and the rigors of the 82 game schedule.

He can take the summer to get stronger and grow into his body a little bit more and come back next year and play 32+ minutes.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

thesource wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Agree completely. While I dislike how Byron has handled him, I'd rather it be this way than him playing too many minutes. This first season is just him getting his feet wet, getting used to the speed of the game and the rigors of the 82 game schedule.

He can take the summer to get stronger and grow into his body a little bit more and come back next year and play 32+ minutes.

I also agree. Not a huge difference between 25 and 32 mpg in my book as far as development goes. Just getting some good run in is what's important. I'm also not convinced that starting is all that important either. Watching Kobe and JC put up a bunch of shots doesn't seem much better than watching Swaggy and Lou do it. He really just needs a new system.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

The difference between 25mpg and 32mpg is 28%, and more than 500 extra minutes over the course of the season.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
tox wrote:

He did actually.
Can you link me a quote? Can't find anything online
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Practice wrote:
tox wrote:

He did actually.

He said it in his postgame interview, but good luck finding that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
thesource wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I also agree. Not a huge difference between 25 and 32 mpg in my book as far as development goes. Just getting some good run in is what's important. I'm also not convinced that starting is all that important either. Watching Kobe and JC put up a bunch of shots doesn't seem much better than watching Swaggy and Lou do it. He really just needs a new system.

The difference between 25mpg and 32mpg is 28%, and more than 500 extra minutes over the course of the season.

boom ^_^
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
tox wrote:
Practice wrote:
tox wrote:

He did actually.

He said it in his postgame interview, but good luck finding that.
Cheers. I'll take your word for it. Always a good reminder he isn't the literal coaching anti-Christ.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

It's surprising that Russell had turned out to be the best defensively of Clarkson, he and Randle. I was expecting him to be the worst.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
It's surprising that Russell had turned out to be the best defensively of Clarkson, he and Randle. I was expecting him to be the worst.

Coming from a poster named "Defense" that's saying a lot.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

He is right now but I think Randle will end up the better defender. Versatile big men who can defend on the perimeter are extremely valuable. With that said, Russell has a chance to be a very good defender with his IQ and length.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

Darius Soriano @forumbluegold
Last 10 games, Clarkson/Randle/Russell have shared the floor for 59 mins. Lakers have had an OEff of 111.9, DEff of 100.3 in those minutes.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Last 10 games, Clarkson/Randle/Russell have shared the floor for 59 mins. Lakers have had an OEff of 111.9, DEff of 100.3 in those minutes.

The sad thing about this is the three most important guys on our roster, our future, have only shared the floor for only 59 minutes the past 10 games. Depressing.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

The sad thing about this is the three most important guys on our roster, our future, have only shared the floor for only 59 minutes the past 10 games. Depressing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
defense wrote:

He is right now but I think Randle will end up the better defender. Versatile big men who can defend on the perimeter are extremely valuable. With that said, Russell has a chance to be a very good defender with his IQ and length.

I think this could very well end up being the case. Randle has more defensive tools, but he doesn't know how to use them yet.

IMO, Russell was much more well coached growing up than Randle was. They're on polar opposite ends of that spectrum. Randle's basically learning how to play basketball on the NBA level, which is a shame. It's obvious to me that his coaches used him for his natural talents when he was younger, and didn't do much to develop him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Inexcusable.
Slash&Splash
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Absolutely. That's the number that sticks out the most there. That's six minutes a game that the three main pieces of our future as it stands play together.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next
Page 887 of 2865
Jump to: