OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1143, 1144, 1145 ... 2870, 2871, 2872  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Emplay and Pincus have lost pretty much all creditability since late last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were working for Jeanie Buss.

Well when posters here make up their own scenarios, who cares about credibility? Especially with a situation that was mentioned by others. But Eric has sources in the Laker FO (and no, it isn't Jeanie) and you have squat, so stop crying about credibility.

So does Chris Broussard but that doesn't make him any more credible.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Well when posters here make up their own scenarios, who cares about credibility? Especially with a situation that was mentioned by others. But Eric has sources in the Laker FO (and no, it isn't Jeanie) and you have squat, so stop crying about credibility.

He does have nice sauces tho.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--_IFWUbbY--/w117i3nltlh6zdsv40ci.jpg
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I will always like Byron the player but man as a coach he just sucks. It's not just the X and o part of it it's his relationship with players. He had to know the only way he would keep his job is if he built a relationship with the young players which he clearly did not.

I for one would rather have an over confident rookie with that swag than a scared rookie. The lights are big in LA and Russell's confidence is a plus in my mind.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Does anyone think Russell will ever become a pass-first player? Or even able to become one?

Why would you even want one? Look at Westbrook or curry. Russell can score a lot too.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--_IFWUbbY--/w117i3nltlh6zdsv40ci.jpg

Aren't Emplay and Eric Pincus the same person?

Either way, I welcome any Lakers insider who chooses to post on LG. Whether I agree with them or not is inconsequential to me. Nice to get insight on what decision makers within the franchise think.
So if you're an insider who uses this site, THANKS for posting. And if possible, please post more! If anybody has any problem with that. Meet me in Temecula!
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Well it's possible that the criticism of his work ethic is valid. I wasn't there to see him in practice. However, I also saw him make improvements in his game throughout the season, such as using his off-hand, showing a wider skill set in the post, and absorbing contact better in the paint. He does seem to work hard. Perhaps, it's that he's unfocused? Whatever it might be, I hope it's addressed this season.

Pretty remarkable how he could improve throughout the season with that work ethic. It's a (bleep) miracle, really.

I hear ya. I do think some of our young guys will benefit from just a morale boost.

There was a recent study that came out that said that the biggest reason why people are unhappy at their jobs is because they don't like their boss, rather than being upset with the actual work that they have to do. And happiness is a huge contribution factor when it comes to production.

I really can't stand this man. I'm so happy he's gone. He checks off so many boxes of personality traits that I loathe in people.

I'm not surprised. I'm familiar with similar studies that the study you cited probably corroborated. Knowing the data, I also couldn't wait until he was gone.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Emplay/Pincus have lost pretty much all creditability since late last year.

"You finished or you done?? Better put some respek on my name"

Emplay aka Eric Pincus

Longtime LG lurker.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Well it's possible that the criticism of his work ethic is valid. I wasn't there to see him in practice. However, I also saw him make improvements in his game throughout the season, such as using his off-hand, showing a wider skill set in the post, and absorbing contact better in the paint. He does seem to work hard. Perhaps, it's that he's unfocused? Whatever it might be, I hope it's addressed this season.

Pretty remarkable how he could improve throughout the season with that work ethic. It's a (bleep) miracle, really.

I hear ya. I do think some of our young guys will benefit from just a morale boost.

There was a recent study that came out that said that the biggest reason why people are unhappy at their jobs is because they don't like their boss, rather than being upset with the actual work that they have to do. And happiness is a huge contribution factor when it comes to production.

I really can't stand this man. I'm so happy he's gone. He checks off so many boxes of personality traits that I loathe in people.

Lol man up GT

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

Byron was such a tumor to this organization. So glad Mitch and Jim had the balla to remove it.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Does anyone think Russell will ever become a pass-first player? Or even able to become one?

Why would you even want one? Look at Westbrook or curry. Russell can score a lot too.

Honestly, because I find them more entertaining to watch.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Haterade wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

I think he can, but I don't think he should. He's gifted as both a passer and a scorer and he has high BBIQ. I think he should just focus on making the right read, whether it's a pass or a bucket.

Well, that's what Chris Paul and Steve Nash does/did too, but I'd still describe them as pass first, high volume assist PG's.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Haterade wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

I think he can, but I don't think he should. He's gifted as both a passer and a scorer and he has high BBIQ. I think he should just focus on making the right read, whether it's a pass or a bucket.

Well, that's what Chris Paul and Steve Nash did too, but I'd still describe them as pass first, high volume assist PG's.

Russell will not be that type of player. Both CP3 & Nash were ball dominant, and Russell (ideally) won't be. He's a guy who's going to be making plays off of screens, cuts, & overall movement, whether it's the ball or people.

This is the type of playmaking to expect from Russell in the new system. Horns set, comes off of a stagger screen, which flows into a handoff PnR with Black. One of our best half court sets of the year and indicative of the kind of action that real basketball teams run in 2016.

http://on.nba.com/1M9q4UI
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Haterade wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Well, that's what Chris Paul and Steve Nash did too, but I'd still describe them as pass first, high volume assist PG's.

I think today, unselfishness from PGs is relative to how much of a threat they are to score (firstly), and secondly, how much of a threat their teammates are to score. Cp3 isn't an above average threat from 3pt range, and he has 3 other offensive threats that make passing the ball conducive to winning and conserving his own energy in a sense, and invoking the benefits of improved team moral, ball movement.

Steph is the best scoring threat in the league. John wall on the other hand isn't a good scoring option outside of the paint, therefor he passes everything.

Naturally I think DLo looks to pass more than a Harden, or even Steph if you think he's kind of selfish(I'm not sure if he is or not, he's such a good shooter that he's always in heat-check mode).. If someone's open, Steph hits them.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject:

The ball dominant passing PG is going the way of the post up center.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Everyone will have to become more of a pass-first player (than they were before) in Luke's GS offense.
DLO is a perfect fit. He's not a 9-10 APG high volume dime dropper. And that's fine. Neither is Curry. That's why Draymond leads the team in assists (started under Luke's tenure) and why Igoudala initiates the offense as well sometimes.

Let guys like Curry and DLo do their work off ball so they are ready to make a quick decision when they get the pass in the halfcourt (with a step on their man).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Atlanta is good at it. Maybe too good at it.
They may have to pick between Teague and Schroeder sooner rather than later. Because both guys have played long stretches of a season with top 10 PG efficiency. Gonna get harder and harder to convince Schroeder to come off the bench.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Yup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Somewhere, Andrew Bynum is smiling at Mike Brown. I'm guessing he doesn't get benched for shooting three pointers in today's game. Hell, I saw Bogut shoot a three yesterday and the Warriors coaching staff gave no (bleep). Times are a changin'.

Guys like Towns, Porzingis, Kaminsky, Turner are redefining what it means to play the center position. It's the era of the stretch 5. Sure bet Sam Perkins would have loved to play today.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

i feel like positions are going away period. defensive versatility and offensive playmaking are necessary at every position.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Somewhere, Andrew Bynum is smiling at Mike Brown. I'm guessing he doesn't get benched for shooting three pointers in today's game. Hell, I saw Bogut shoot a three yesterday and the Warriors coaching staff gave no (bleep). Times are a changin'.

Guys like Towns, Porzingis, Kaminsky, Turner are redefining what it means to play the center position. It's the era of the stretch 5. Sure bet Sam Perkins would have loved to play today.

Sabonis too.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I think what we all should embrace is the Russell is a basketball player. He can do a little of everything. He needs some seasoning and strength but there isn't something in the flow of a great offensive system he can't do. Shoot, pass, cut, screen, rebound etc are all in his vast skill set. Walton will free DLO. He won't be Curry but he will be very very good.

Longtime LG lurker.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Cause the post up center is rare. The next time a 300+ pound Shaq like center comes down the pike small ball will start to fade back as more dominant centers start to show.

Game always adjusts like that. If Shaq was around now and on a championship contender suddenly small ball would take a backseat to trying to scheme to stop him and you can't with an undersized power forward.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Cause the post up center is rare. The next time a 300+ pound Shaq like center comes down the pike small ball will start to fade back as more dominant centers start to show.

Game always adjusts like that. If Shaq was around now and on a championship contender suddenly small ball would take a backseat to trying to scheme to stop him and you can't with an undersized power forward.

Couldn't agree more.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Of course Shaq would be great in this era, but he'd have to do more adjusting than anyone else. He was TERRIBLE at defending the pick & roll, and had no interest coming out to defend it. In his day, it'd lead to a wide open mid-range shot for either the guard or the big. Today, that's a wide open 3 from a guard that makes them at a 40% clip or a big who makes them at a 35% clip.

And on the offensive end they'd zone him up to limit his touches. No way he averages close to 30 today. The rules changed.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Aren't Emplay and Eric Pincus the same person?

Either way, I welcome any Lakers insider who chooses to post on LG. Whether I agree with them or not is inconsequential to me. Nice to get insight on what decision makers within the franchise think.
So if you're an insider who uses this site, THANKS for posting. And if possible, please post more! If anybody has any problem with that. Meet me in Temecula!

Yes and another thing for some of these people calling him out, he has posted here WAY MORE than they EVER HAVE and got that job after being a member of this community. Now some people seem to think that they got credentials to call him out. If this was MY site, I would kick every single person off this site who took shots at him, but I'm not as nice as the current owners and staff.

Funny how you never see the people who know him, call him out. And you know why that is?? Because the people who know him, not only trust him, but realize that he is a good dude, who is NOT trying to be like all the other media turds out there, with huge egos and bigger agendas.

Personally, I think all the people giving Emplay krap, should be banned for EVER!

But hey, like I said, I wouldn't be nice about it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1143, 1144, 1145 ... 2870, 2871, 2872  Next
Page 1144 of 2872
Jump to: