OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait till D'Lo shut all theses clowns up.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

DLO liked this tweet:

Quote:
Brian H. Waters ‏@BrianHWaters 9h9 hours ago
#LakersNation I think we need to erase judgments of @Dloading since he will now have a winning coach with.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram Holds Lakers' Spotlight, but D'Angelo Russell Holds the Future

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2648296-brandon-ingram-holds-lakers-spotlight-but-dangelo-russell-holds-the-future
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Gawd damn the team photographer is a savage:
Quote:
Ty Nowell ‏@tynowell 3h3 hours ago
@DrewGarrisonSBN guy hasn't put more than 5% effort into a Lakers column in three years
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClvlgoNVEAAwBnd.jpg

I hope DLO takes all these douches as a motivation.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2648296-brandon-ingram-holds-lakers-spotlight-but-dangelo-russell-holds-the-future

I agree Ingram gonna be face our franchise cuz he's a pick every laker fan loves. But Russell's development will be the most important for our future
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

That is a very good report from Kevin Ding.

And I've got to add: I've never seen a bigger disconnect between what I see and what the popular sports media reports. Particularly ESPN, but also a lot of other reporters who don't know jack about the Lakers but love the clicks they get when they act like they do.

It's pretty obvious that Randle, Nance, Clarkson, and Ingram are all on good terms with D'Angelo, yet the mainstream media insists on painting the opposite picture, no matter what the evidence shows or what reporters who actually have inside access to the Lakers have to say.

I hope this crap finally gets old. I hope ESPN gets complaints from Laker fans who remind them they're pissing off the largest fan base in the NBA royally, with their deceptive portrayal of the situation. Hopefully if anyone starts asking teammates about the 'tension' in the locker room they'll set the reporter straight.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers = Drama = Clicks for the media. They haven't had any good ammo or fuel in the past several years, they're desperate and they'll try to cling on to anything no matter how trivial it is or molded. Sad bunch of parasites.

The DLo stuff is the only morsel they have to work with and its beyond pathetic, the incident, the opposing player involved it's actually making them look rancid on a whole new level and they don't even realize it.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I stopped watching the ESPN telecast at a point. Yahoo had a better show online and Woj was dropping every trade several minutes before Adam Silver was announcing them. Such a loathsome, hateful bunch. I'd love to put some hands on Wilbon.

Wilbon was the worst. He made the draft unwatchable at times.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

I agree Ingram gonna be face our franchise cuz he's a pick every laker fan loves. But Russell's development will be the most important for our future

I think Russell turns into the face with Ingram as the silent, smooth, silky killer.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I stopped watching the ESPN telecast at a point. Yahoo had a better show online and Woj was dropping every trade several minutes before Adam Silver was announcing them. Such a loathsome, hateful bunch. I'd love to put some hands on Wilbon.

He was beyond pathetic. He needs to get back on his meds.

"With Ingram here, along with Clarkson, Randall, not sure where Russell is going to fit with this team. The only option is to move him."

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Should have watched The Vertical broadcast, it was informative.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Now that we have Shaw (very underrated signing btw) I'm not as worried about LA moving Young. In some ways getting that out of DLOs way helps him avoid taking responsibility. Finding a way to make things work once you've made a mess is part of being a leader. Maybe Young's ego will cause him to behave destructively at which point you have to move him on. But with Shaw around to guide him, I'm not sure we should undersell DLOs ability to grow by having to deal with the tension.

All Nick Young has done is be sad about what happened. He hasn't publicly blamed D'Lo or thrown him under the bus in any capacity. He just doesn't associate with him anymore unless it's necessary.

To me, Nick Young is the big problem here. He played hard last year and tried on Defense, but his off the court attitude is putrid. You cannot have a guy like that around young, impressionable kids.

While the posting is DLO's fault, I was not surprised NY was involved. Also, he probably had created an atmosphere in his friendship with DLO which eventually led to DLO thinking it was okay to videotape him.

Also, NY was also involved in the Car incident with JC. This guy needs to go YESTERDAY!

He has also been taking subtle shots playing the part of a victim by tweeting out that hes "Single" or that he thought DLO's ad was "funny". These are all intended to play up his role as a victim and make sure no one forgets about DLO's actions.

While some NBA players may feel for NY, as a Laker fan, I just want this guy out of here, and I feel no empathy for him whatsoever. To be honest, he got some nice publicity since he dated a pop/rap star, and that was only because he played for the Lakers. Now the ride is over, and mostly because hes not that good and his vibe is negative. Peace Out.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

And I've got to add: I've never seen a bigger disconnect between what I see and what the popular sports media reports. Particularly ESPN, but also a lot of other reporters who don't know jack about the Lakers but love the clicks they get when they act like they do.

It's pretty obvious that Randle, Nance, Clarkson, and Ingram are all on good terms with D'Angelo, yet the mainstream media insists on painting the opposite picture, no matter what the evidence shows or what reporters who actually have inside access to the Lakers have to say.

I hope this crap finally gets old. I hope ESPN gets complaints from Laker fans who remind them they're pissing off the largest fan base in the NBA royally, with their deceptive portrayal of the situation. Hopefully if anyone starts asking teammates about the 'tension' in the locker room they'll set the reporter straight.

I think the absolutely huge gulf between the media and the public is a major problem in society in general and with ESPN specifically.

Stephen A has predicted the Finals wrong 6 straight times, but they trot him out there as if hes an expert.

Wilbon routinely says absurd things, and he was consistently trying to set up Kyrie as the fall guy if the Cavs lost in the Finals. During the Draft, he held himself out there as the guy speaking for the Philly fans and how they had a win now mentality; but their fans held a huge party the night of the lottery heaping praise on Hinkie.

ESPN and everyone involved feels as if they are so much better than the fans that they will decide what the fans should think, force feed them what they should think, and then act like they are representing what the fans think.

However, the gulf is becoming so wide that it is now unbearably painful. To be honest, I did not listen to or watch ESPN after the Finals until the Draft; but Im willing to bet they completely ignored that the League's actions completely changed the face of the Finals eventually deciding the winner.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Should have watched The Vertical broadcast, it was informative.

yeah. I will. I basically put it on mute, and got most of the news from the boards. So, in a way I did.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Next time I'm listening in to The Vertical as well. On my TV, Wilbon and Jalen Rose just earned a lifetime Ban Hammer.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I think the absolutely huge gulf between the media and the public is a major problem in society in general and with ESPN specifically.

Stephen A has predicted the Finals wrong 6 straight times, but they trot him out there as if hes an expert.

Wilbon routinely says absurd things, and he was consistently trying to set up Kyrie as the fall guy if the Cavs lost in the Finals. During the Draft, he held himself out there as the guy speaking for the Philly fans and how they had a win now mentality; but their fans held a huge party the night of the lottery heaping praise on Hinkie.

ESPN and everyone involved feels as if they are so much better than the fans that they will decide what the fans should think, force feed them what they should think, and then act like they are representing what the fans think.

However, the gulf is becoming so wide that it is now unbearably painful. To be honest, I did not listen to or watch ESPN after the Finals until the Draft; but Im willing to bet they completely ignored that the League's actions completely changed the face of the Finals eventually deciding the winner.

Yeah that bit was comical. Every Philly message board was pissed that Hinkie was canned. We can debate the merits of his tactics but the majority of their fanbase was absolutely on board with "the process".
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Simmons is on hinkies watch imo
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/CoachStinnett/status/746543027104153601

Michael Stinnett ‏@CoachStinnett 26m26 minutes ago
Wow D'ANGELO Russell gets 41 in game 1 and 39 in finals. KPA Select beats Indy by 3. Russell named MVP

PRO AM GAWD
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Russell played well in the Kentuckiana Pro Am in his hometown. Scored 41pts and was named MVP. I hope they release some highlights.

D'Angelo Russell Retweeted
Michael Stinnett ‏@CoachStinnett 24m24 minutes ago
Wow D'ANGELO Russell gets 41 in game 1 and 39 in finals. KPA Select beats Indy by 3. Russell named MVP
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jody Demling ‏@jdemling 7h7 hours ago
D'Angelo Russell expected to be playing in Kentuckiana Pro Am Summer League tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Beth Haven.

Michael Stinnett ‏@CoachStinnett 6h6 hours ago
D'ANGELO Russell first one in the gym. KPA 2016

Michael Stinnett ‏@CoachStinnett 4h4 hours ago
Russell wins gets 40. Plays in finals 915 tonight

Michael Stinnett ‏@CoachStinnett 26m26 minutes ago

Michael Stinnett ‏@CoachStinnett 25m25 minutes ago
D'ANGELO Russell named MVP KPA Select 1 89 Indy 87. Russell gets 39
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

dem rapid fire pro am posts doe
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Here is an article on the KPA with Russell. There are two short clips. One of them is a dunk.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/2016/06/24/dangelo-russell-louisville-kentuckiana-pro-am-basketball-los-angeles-lakers-ohio-state/86361738/
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

roboshrimp wrote:
Here is an article on the KPA with Russell. There are two short clips. One of them is a dunk.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/2016/06/24/dangelo-russell-louisville-kentuckiana-pro-am-basketball-los-angeles-lakers-ohio-state/86361738/

DID HE STRETCH DOE???
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
roboshrimp wrote:

DID HE STRETCH DOE???

Kendall Marshall would have had his head at the rim, just sayin

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 1196 of 2856
Jump to: