OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1281, 1282, 1283 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
DLo & Ingram shooting 3s.

Watching Ingram go O-fer from the right side reminded me of this shot chart graphic from his Duke days:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cce9ChgWEAAqo5S.jpg

Hopefully the team's analytics guys and coaching staff get him in his sweet spots early, apparently by favoring him more towards the left side of the basket.

Yeah, Ingram needs to work on that right side. D'Angelo's threes are effortless, like free throws.

It's a footwork issue w/Ingram.

Most of the better college shooters struggle a bit in year one while adjusting to the bigger range. Year 2 they start to take off. Kind of like Russell last year, and now this year he looks poised to be a lights out shooter. I expect a similar progression from Ingram.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Most of the better college shooters struggle a bit in year one while adjusting to the bigger range. Year 2 they start to take off. Kind of like Russell last year, and now this year he looks poised to be a lights out shooter. I expect a similar progression from Ingram.

Overall, yes. But there was a pretty stark difference between how well he shot from the left side of the floor vs. the right side in college. That's due to a footwork issue, IMO.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Overall, yes. But there was a pretty stark difference between how well he shot from the left side of the floor vs. the right side in college. That's due to a footwork issue, IMO.

Ya, that was publicised. I thought it had more to do with his shooting form myself.

On the left side of the court, being a right hander, he's shooting into his body as opposed to outside- my 2 cents.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
DLo & Ingram shooting 3s.

Watching Ingram go O-fer from the right side reminded me of this shot chart graphic from his Duke days:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cce9ChgWEAAqo5S.jpg

Hopefully the team's analytics guys and coaching staff get him in his sweet spots early, apparently by favoring him more towards the left side of the basket.

Yeah, Ingram needs to work on that right side. D'Angelo's threes are effortless, like free throws.

His % from the left side is out of marks, improving his shot from the right side he is going to average 50% from 3pt line, that is insane. Just like Dlo he looks like a natural shooter in the worst case we got a legit 3nD player.

Last edited by nash on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

Booker, who was known for being a shooter out of college, only shot 34% from 3 last year (28% after the all star break)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

The Top Ten Performers at the 2016 Las Vegas Summer League
by: Julian Applebome

Quote:
This is a list of the top ten performers from the 2016 Las Vegas Summer League, which concluded on July 18th. The rankings are based on the statistic EWA (estimated wins added). Although EWA does not definitively determine who the best individual players were, it does give you a sense of how productive and valuable they were to their respective teams. EWA is built off the same formula as PER, but it differs in the fact that it takes into account minutes played.

EWA Top Ten

#1 Tyus Jones, Minnesota Timberwolves
#2 Bobby Portis, Chicago Bulls
#3 Jordan McRae, Cleveland Cavaliers
#4 Cristiano Felicio, Chicago Bulls
#5 Jonathan Gibson, Dallas Mavericks
#6 Norman Powell, Toronto Raptors
#7 D'Angelo Russell, Los Angeles Lakers
#8 Vince Hunter, Memphis Grizzlies
#9 Jarnell Stokes, San Antonio Spurs
#10 Tyler Ulis, Phoenix Suns

#7) D'Angelo Russell, 6'5, Guard, 20.4 years old, Lakers, Ohio St

EWA: 1.0
PER: 27.4
TS%: 58.6%
21.8 PTS, 6.3 REB, 4.0 AST, 1.5 STL, 10-25 3P, 15-21 FT%, 47.7 FG%

Russell impressed at the 2016 Las Vegas Summer League looking like the player the Lakers expected when they took him with second overall selection in last years' draft. Russell operated a ton with the ball in his hands, playing with pace, and showing a solid balance between looking to score and creating for his teammates. He is much more comfortable shooting it off the dribble then he is catch and shoot situations, something he will improve as he spends more time playing off the ball. At just 20 years old, Russell sometimes plays the game with a bit of comfort and flash that leads to highlight plays, but can also lead to a high volume of turnovers as evidenced by his 4.5 per game in Las Vegas. Obviously he was a focal point of the game plan for the Lakers, but it is something he will have to continue to work on down the road to limit his careless mistakes. Russell will likely be the starting point guard for the young Lakers backcourt next season, and he will have a great chance to benefit from the veteran guidance of Jose Calderon.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/The-Top-Ten-Performers-at-the-2016-Las-Vegas-Summer-League-5636/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Popovich made Russell the captain/leader of the select team.

That means something.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

That means something.

Where did you see this?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

That means something.

It's the hair
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

That means something.

Link please?

Byron is not going to like this. I thought Russell was too immature? Surely Byron knows more than Popovich?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

That means something.
But, but, but SAS said DLo will never be trusted ever again.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MJST wrote:

That means something.

Where did you see this?

they talked about it on Access Sportsnet but also one of the many youtube videos. I'll search for you It was one of the ones that have popped up the last few days. It was said in passing but was definitely said.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/7/21/12254484/la-lakers-news-emmanuel-mudiay-dangelo-russell-rivalry

What rivalry?

Mudiay is one of the worst point guards in the league while Russell looks poised for a break out season.

per season average, you are right. but to be fair, Mudiay seemed turn the corner late in the season though. He cut down TOs, fg% went up, really command the offense , flourished in P&R. I still like Russell over him, but he did show enough flashes what he can become if everything goes right. Mudiay is just 20 years old too, you know. at the same time, I always wonder how good Russell would be if he had that kind of guidance, structure and long leash to learn through mistakes.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Ya, that was publicised. I thought it had more to do with his shooting form myself.

On the left side of the court, being a right hander, he's shooting into his body as opposed to outside- my 2 cents.

I am a right handed shooter and has same issue as Ingram.
GT says its footwork and I guess I agree. but, when I try to fix that problem, I had focus more about squaring up to the basket than my footwork. but squaring up requires footwork, so I guess it's essentially same thing?

That and it was mostly mental. It just didn't feel natural shooting from that side for me. My sweet spot was/is always at the top. then, one step in left wing. then, left corner. even if I am totally squared up in right side corner, it takes extra split second for me to gather or focus and would still brick.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Grind wrote:

I am a right handed shooter and has same issue as Ingram.
GT says its footwork and I guess I agree. but, when I try to fix that problem, I had focus more about squaring up to the basket than my footwork. but squaring up requires footwork, so I guess it's essentially same thing?

That and it was mostly mental. It just didn't feel natural shooting from that side for me. My sweet spot was/is always at the top. then, one step in left wing. then, left corner. even if I am totally squared up in right side corner, it takes extra split second for me to gather or focus and would still brick.

Yeah, in it's simplest terms, I'm talking about squaring up. Ingram often doesn't square up all of the way, and underpivots. I can't speak to the mental aspect though. I'm a lefty so you know my jumper is wet.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
This is a list of the top ten performers from the 2016 Las Vegas Summer League, which concluded on July 18th. The rankings are based on the statistic EWA (estimated wins added). Although EWA does not definitively determine who the best individual players were, it does give you a sense of how productive and valuable they were to their respective teams. EWA is built off the same formula as PER, but it differs in the fact that it takes into account minutes played.

EWA Top Ten

Russell impressed at the 2016 Las Vegas Summer League looking like the player the Lakers expected when they took him with second overall selection in last years' draft. Russell operated a ton with the ball in his hands, playing with pace, and showing a solid balance between looking to score and creating for his teammates. He is much more comfortable shooting it off the dribble then he is catch and shoot situations, something he will improve as he spends more time playing off the ball. At just 20 years old, Russell sometimes plays the game with a bit of comfort and flash that leads to highlight plays, but can also lead to a high volume of turnovers as evidenced by his 4.5 per game in Las Vegas. Obviously he was a focal point of the game plan for the Lakers, but it is something he will have to continue to work on down the road to limit his careless mistakes. Russell will likely be the starting point guard for the young Lakers backcourt next season, and he will have a great chance to benefit from the veteran guidance of Jose Calderon.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/The-Top-Ten-Performers-at-the-2016-Las-Vegas-Summer-League-5636/

Funny looking at that list, the only player who's gonna mount to anything is Russell and he's surprising listed at #6 after a bunch of no names who probably will be role players at best.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

EWA Top Ten

Funny looking at that list, the only player who's gonna mount to anything is Russell and he's surprising listed at #6 after a bunch of no names who probably will be role players at best.

I dunno ... there a few ballers on the list, no necessarily all-stars but some good young talent is on the list.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

That list is based on Expected Wins Added, which is impacted by minutes played. Most of those guys played 5+ games. Russell was fantastic in Summer League, no need to split hairs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

EWA Top Ten

Maybe you missed Bobby Portis?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

EWA Top Ten

Maybe you missed Bobby Portis?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject:

D’Angelo Russell and the Freedom To Make Mistakes

D’Angelo Russell will benefit greatly from having the freedom to make mistakes as the Luke Walton era begins for the Lakers

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/07/21/lakers-dangelo-russell-freedom-to-make-mistakes-luke-walton/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
D’Angelo Russell had a decent rookie season (13.2 points, 3.3 assists, 3.4 rebounds) last year. Especially when you consider… everything. Kobe Bryant didn’t seem like he was as interested in a mentor role as he was with accepting gifts and ovations from opposing crowds. He got himself involved in a celebrity relationship and was ostracized by his teammates. Then there were the distractions of living in Los Angeles.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/07/22/dangelo-russell-seems-to-be-doing-much-better-when-surrounded-by-real-coaches/
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

D'Lo 1v1 drills clic

Was this posted ? Russell playing some really good D and look at that tripple threat game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

TEAM USA 1 ON 1 DRILLS

Pretty awesome stuff from Russ here.

zePokar posted that originally.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
TEAM USA 1 ON 1 DRILLS

Pretty awesome stuff from Russ here.

zePokar posted that originally.
That last move was great. Lmao.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1281, 1282, 1283 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 1282 of 2856
Jump to: