OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1292, 1293, 1294 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
I'm even questioning Boker ahead of him. Yes he's a great player but will he have the offense freedom that he had the second half of the year with Bledsoe and and knight coming back.

Walton's offense will be catered more to DLo than Byrons was last year

IMO DLo could've given Towns a run for his money for the ROY if kobe retired 1 yr earlier. And DLo was the first option on the team with kobe's touches. He could've easily cracked a 20 pt scoring avg. Towns, Okafor they were like the 1st option on their team they still couldn't crack 20 pt avg. DLo is natural scorer, if Luke gives him the previlage to have a score first, pass 2nd mentality and uses him as the first option. That's the best and most effective way to use him. Dlo could have a 20, 5, 5 season.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

Bulletin board material.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
I'm even questioning Boker ahead of him. Yes he's a great player but will he have the offense freedom that he had the second half of the year with Bledsoe and and knight coming back.

Booker's a baller. Really impressed with him. I think he'll be in the grouping in terms of top 5 guys from that class. I see, within 5 years, that group being: KAT, DLO, Porky, Booker, Jokic or Turner.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Booker's a baller. Really impressed with him. I think he'll be in the grouping in terms of top 5 guys from that class. I see, within 5 years, that group being: KAT, DLO, Porky, Booker, Jokic or Turner.

Bookers rookie season was a lot like Clarkson's. Injuries, team sucks, let the new guy have carte blanche.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Bookers rookie season was a lot like Clarkson's. Injuries, team sucks, let the new guy have carte blanche.

I think he's more skilled than JC, and at such a young age too. He's light years ahead of what JC was at comparable ages.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

I agree, my top five would omit Jokic but he's good too
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

True but Booker clearly showed he's got a boat load of talent and he also has that arrogance like Russell and other players who end up really good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Jokic has really impressed me. That draft class is going to go down as one of the better ones this decade.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

This was just a really great draft class. Everyone on that list is good, I'd put DLO going into next season somewhere like 5th or 6th. He had a decent rookie season, some other players outplayed him no matter what circumstances you take into account.

He has something to prove which is totally fine
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Jokic has really impressed me. That draft class is going to go down as one of the better ones this decade.

This class is really impressive, as there's a good chance of having not a single bust among Lottery Picks, which is quite something. Though Jokic is technically from class 2014.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Chad Ford is never going to let his love for Mudiay go lol.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Yawn.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:

After looking like a bust early he got really better. I believe he is going to be a solid player in the future.

That was a really deep rookie class.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Practice wrote:

After looking like a bust early he got really better. I believe he is going to be a solid player in the future.

I was/ am on Dlo wagon before the draft and very meh on Mudiay.
But yeah, I was really surprised by his growth after he came back from injury.
Getting thrown out to wolves early on actually worked in his favor in this case.

This draft class is very deep and I am glad we got one of top 5 prospect.
right now I have Kat, Porzingis, Booker then (Dlo, Turner, Jokic), but I believe Dlo has higher ceiling than Turner, Jokic and Booker. Porzingis has the highest ceiling but I am not confident that his knees will hold up with the way he plays at 7'2~3" frame. after everything is said then done, I will be very surprised if Dlo isn't among top 5 player in his class at the least.

Last edited by JJin77 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Meh games will be won on the court not on ESPN lists. They've been bashing the Lakers since the beginning of time, and we have been winning since that time. Nothing will change.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Practice wrote:

My expectation has always been that Mudiay will stick around and be decent, but Chad Ford was super high on him.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
nash wrote:
Practice wrote:

My expectation has always been that Mudiay will stick around and be decent, but Chad Ford was super high on him.

Some guys see qualities on a player that others can't see so clearly, just the time can tell who is right. I like Russell over Mudiay.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Practice wrote:
nash wrote:
Practice wrote:

Some guys see qualities on a player that others can't see so clearly, just the time can tell who is right. I like Russell over Mudiay.

Mudiay will be a good player, he's relatively the same age as Russell and he progressed as the season went on after being historically bad for the first two months of the year. I'm still higher on Russell than any other player in the class though, besides Towns.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Typical from BSPN.

I'm mentally for preparing myself for Byron taking the credit when Russell breaks out
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLO has slid right into the Kobe position of hate from ESPN. Like fish in a barrel for them.

Funny thing was he was probably very highly touted and rated by these guys prior to the draft and would be today if he was say on the 76ers.

Interestingly, Oak isn't even in their top 10. What a drop off for him.

About the Okafor / ESPN thing I feel like their agenda completely shifted once the 76ers landed Simmons. He's their new media golden child, so to spotlight him you eviscerate the others on that team. It's no surprise OK4 is off all discussions and mentions. Nothing makes an anointed 'new star' look better than playing on a team with 'nobody' and shining.

DLo's continued shaming is to get the Lakernation talking and viewing their garbage. He's the classic case of rile the public for attention.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

Russell should be a very dynamic scorer and passer especially on a team that will have to worry about Ingram at the same time. I still think it is a mistake for the Lakers to move forward with the idea that Russell is a PG where yes he can get the job done as a shot creator, ball handler, etc but I think its a damn waste of his talents.

At SG his ball handling, passing and court vision would be absolutely fantastic and paired with a PG worth a damn would give the Lakers a huge advantage in terms of shot creation especially with them already having a pair of high quality scorers in Ingram and Russell they'd also ensure they would be an out standing passing team and with that they'd almost ensure they would have a top 3-5 offense every year for a very long time if they keep them together.

Having that type of passing talent and with all the attention that Ingram and Russell will get from the defense it should make it possible for them to focus on defense first at C and PF moving forward when building out the rest of our roster long term.

This bodes well for Nance whom should work very nicely if not as a starting PF then certainly as an excellent rotation player giving us athletic ability, rebounding, high light dunks and such. I think he is a real keeper and if they can keep him in that role off the bench he will be in my opinion one of the better rotation players in the league.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Russell should be a very dynamic scorer and passer especially on a team that will have to worry about Ingram at the same time. I still think it is a mistake for the Lakers to move forward with the idea that Russell is a PG where yes he can get the job done as a shot creator, ball handler, etc but I think its a damn waste of his talents.

At SG his ball handling, passing and court vision would be absolutely fantastic and paired with a PG worth a damn would give the Lakers a huge advantage in terms of shot creation especially with them already having a pair of high quality scorers in Ingram and Russell they'd also ensure they would be an out standing passing team and with that they'd almost ensure they would have a top 3-5 offense every year for a very long time if they keep them together.

Having that type of passing talent and with all the attention that Ingram and Russell will get from the defense it should make it possible for them to focus on defense first at C and PF moving forward when building out the rest of our roster long term.

This bodes well for Nance whom should work very nicely if not as a starting PF then certainly as an excellent rotation player giving us athletic ability, rebounding, high light dunks and such. I think he is a real keeper and if they can keep him in that role off the bench he will be in my opinion one of the better rotation players in the league.

What's the defacto difference in playstyle between Steph Curry and James Harden?

What positions do they play?

So how much does it really matter at this point?
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

What's the defacto difference in playstyle between Steph Curry and James Harden?

What positions do they play?

So how much does it really matter at this point?

I highlighted it in my post. It's significantly easier to plug in another point guard with playmaking skills than a 2 guard with those skills.

In other words I'd rather plug in a player like George Hill at the 1 and slide Russell to the 2 than keep Russell at the 1 and plug in a Danny Green player at the 2.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject:

George hill has playmaking skills?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson has more playmaking ability than George Hill. The PG vs SG debates are so perplexing to me as they don't make a lick of difference in a functional sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1292, 1293, 1294 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 1293 of 2873
Jump to: