OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1310, 1311, 1312 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Honestly prefer that he stops throwing shots, just let his game speak for himself.

As a DLO fan and supporter all the way, I totally agree. We all know what that season under Byron was like. No one needs to remind me! All of the shots (not shade) from this article feels more petty and, well, immature than anything. Let's just move on, DLO! I hope this is the last stop of the Byron Shade Tour. But that's probably media day

If talking crap about Byron makes him feel confident. And that confidence helps him exceed expectations on the court this season. So be it.

But I agree. His comments won't look good if he underachieves on the court.

His comments are far more about his love for Luke than his hate of Byron.

He's literally gone from the worst situation for a guy like him to be in to the most ideal situation. He's clearly excited and feeling confident-- that bodes well for us.

As for Byron, you make the bed you sleep in. Hey B, "that's why you not coaching"

Sure, no sympathy for Byron's situation here, either. And it's good to hear he's in a better situation as a player this year too. His confidence is part of what made him so transcendent in college.

But he comes across as really petty here. Kinda sick of hearing about the old staff vs new staff at this point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Honestly prefer that he stops throwing shots, just let his game speak for himself.

As a DLO fan and supporter all the way, I totally agree. We all know what that season under Byron was like. No one needs to remind me! All of the shots (not shade) from this article feels more petty and, well, immature than anything. Let's just move on, DLO! I hope this is the last stop of the Byron Shade Tour. But that's probably media day

If talking crap about Byron makes him feel confident. And that confidence helps him exceed expectations on the court this season. So be it.

He's literally gone from the worst situation for a guy like him to be in to the most ideal situation. He's clearly excited and feeling confident-- that bodes well for us.

As for Byron, you make the bed you sleep in. Hey B, "that's why you not coaching"

Sure, no sympathy for Byron's situation here, either. And it's good to hear he's in a better situation as a player this year too. His confidence is part of what made him so transcendent in college.

But he comes across as really petty here. Kinda sick of hearing about the old staff vs new staff at this point.

Nance btw, also expressed frustration during last year this off summer, nothing wrong with players explaining on the situation from last year.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject:

There's a little too much whining going on about DLO's recent comments. Let the man speak his mind, he probably feels like a prisoner that has been released from a 20 year sentence and there's playboy models and a million dollar check waiting for him outside. I bet if you gave Kobe a mic during his rookie stint he would have been worse.

If he's still talking about it in the middle of the season or something then you can say it's too much but everything is new for him right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Petty?

Byron was Captain Petty last year. Was surely a guiding influence on DLO.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
YSong wrote:
Why this kid keep talking? I want to see him prove he is all star player. This is why I think Ingram better player.

Lol
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Disagree - the lion's share of commentary from all of the young Laker players is towards how much they look forward to playing under Luke and all the reasons for doing so. We had a 17 win team last year. With no guidance on fundamentals and the most predictable, shallow offense in the NBA. And a coach who put his own players down in the press. A coach who earned the nickname "Parking Brake."

Keep in mind these were some pretty talented players, and in DLO's case he was viewed as a bb savant coming out of college. Give. Me. A. (bleep). Break. If they put him down by praising Luke and all the things he does right, and this in turn gets viewed as shade towards Scott by insinuating the absence of said things, then that's just too bad. Scott earned it.

I'll take an enthusiastic team and a good coach any day. They believe in their new coach. Let them speak their minds.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Russell said Walton has stressed to him the importance of being a leader. “I can’t give any specific information, just kind of coaching me through it,” Russell said. “Just giving me the guidance on how to do right. And when I do right, he lets you know, ‘I saw, I noticed.’ ” Some fruits of Russell’s off-season work appeared during this year’s summer league games in Las Vegas. Russell averaged 21.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and four assists per game. He made 47.7% of his shots. 42 mins ago – via Los Angeles Times
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:
The fact that D'Lo is terrible in NBA 2k17 tho

What? He's freaking amazing in 2K. Easiest player for me to greenlight with on 3 pointers.

Ingram is also very good in 2K (mostly on mid range), and Lou Will is money (what he would be like if he decided to take normal jump shots for once )

I suck with Clarkson though.

What difficulty are you playing tho
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject:

That day when Byron comes by the Lakers facility to observe practice...
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject:

Good for DLO. He is speaking truth to power and I don't mind it one bit.

Byron was a disaster for the team and for DLO, there is no way to sugarcoat it.

So good. Say your peace, appreciate your new situation and play ball, which is exactly what he is doing!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:

SAVAGE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

DLO be like https://goo.gl/images/qeMRXO
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:

SAVAGE

#GOTEM!
NVD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject:

After I heard what he said on the radio, I knew there were going to be people giving him flack for saying anything in public. As long as he is not getting penalized for what he says, I really do not see an issue.

If what he says can cause tension in the locker room, with teammates, staff, etc. then yes, that should be kept in private. That's what happened last year "Don't say nuthin crazy".

Honestly, I think it's better for him. He is putting more expectations on himself. If he says that this environment would have made him a better player sooner. Alright, put your money where your mouth is. People are going to expect him to be playing better than before even more now.

If he doesn't, he's just going to get more flack, and these new kids are definitely going to hear it. All the young guys are familiar with twitter and the like.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

It seems that the general consensus among the smarter NBA analysts/writers is that DLo had a tough season with Byron at the reins. I honestly could care less about what ESPN has to say. I'm just looking forward to the strides that D'Angelo makes this season.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

“He’s ready to take the steps forward in this league toward becoming a leader, becoming a top point guard and competing every single night,” Walton said. “There’s a lot of growth to be had still. But he showed me he wants three things. He wants to be great. He wants to win. And he wants to lead. That’s what I want out of a point guard.”

By the way, where are all of our "Russell isn't a PG" friends? Show yourselves. Don't hide. Show your face!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
“He’s ready to take the steps forward in this league toward becoming a leader, becoming a top point guard and competing every single night,” Walton said. “There’s a lot of growth to be had still. But he showed me he wants three things. He wants to be great. He wants to win. And he wants to lead. That’s what I want out of a point guard.”

By the way, where are all of our "Russell isn't a PG" friends? Show yourselves. Don't hide. Show your face!

Judah with another dope post!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Logo wrote:

I'll give him a bit more time before I label it something akin to "petty". I'm keeping in mind that the kid just had a helluva yo-yo ride with old school B, and it's been simmering for awhile.

Now, if once training camp begins next week, and at that point the coaching staff should have his full attention, but old school B is still being talked about, then I'll flip on him and suggest he bleep, bleep, up, because that will reveal that he's distracted.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Walton is always good with players , it's been like that wherever he was.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
It seems that the general consensus among the smarter NBA analysts/writers is that DLo had a tough season with Byron at the reins. I honestly couldn't care less about what ESPN has to say. I'm just looking forward to the strides that D'Angelo makes this season.

FTFY.
And agreed, it actually seems people in general are pretty optimistic on Russell. Though why Booker seems to (more or less) universally get more respect, I still don't understand.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

y'all see DLO roasting on Zach Auguste on Insta?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:

What? He's freaking amazing in 2K. Easiest player for me to greenlight with on 3 pointers.

Ingram is also very good in 2K (mostly on mid range), and Lou Will is money (what he would be like if he decided to take normal jump shots for once )

If ya ain't playin on hall of fame, you pretty lame.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:

If ya ain't playin on hall of fame, you pretty lame.

Have you beat any team in the HOF mode yet?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I'd like to see Russell just let the water pass under that bridge at this point.

Yeah, but he had to take a year of Byron and the captive la press. Youngun just real happy.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject:

D'Lo just looks poised for a big year. Just watching him in the second half of last season and even the summer league he just looks like a guy who is ready to break out this coming season. To me he has the highest ceiling on this team along with Ingram. Really to me both of them have superstar potential and will be one of the better duos in the game in a few years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1310, 1311, 1312 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 1311 of 2873
Jump to: