OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 2877, 2878, 2879  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
interesting.. I thought the same about west. but it makes sense that he is close to 6'5

Exum can be a really solid player. He's actually attacking the basket.. he shot 9/10 from FT. see if that translates to the regular season. Utah is sneaky good.maybe in a couple years..

as far as Russell is concerned.. I don't know how people like Max Kellerman say that they would have taken him 1st overall.. that doesn't make sense. Towns looks really solid.

that said.. I think Russell with enough playing time can average close to 7 assists a game.

9-10pts 6-7assts 4-6rebs would have to be considered a heck of a rookie season. Especially if he can atleast shoot 42% from the field and 32-34% from three. I would be happy.

I had him scoring more at first but I would be a little stunned if he averaged more then 10pts a game? Maybe I'm wrong?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
interesting.. I thought the same about west. but it makes sense that he is close to 6'5

Exum can be a really solid player. He's actually attacking the basket.. he shot 9/10 from FT. see if that translates to the regular season. Utah is sneaky good.maybe in a couple years..

as far as Russell is concerned.. I don't know how people like Max Kellerman say that they would have taken him 1st overall.. that doesn't make sense. Towns looks really solid.

that said.. I think Russell with enough playing time can average close to 7 assists a game.

9-10pts 6-7assts 4-6rebs would have to be considered a heck of a rookie season. Especially if he can atleast shoot 42% from the field and 32-34% from three. I would be happy.

I had him scoring more at first but I would be a little stunned if he averaged more then 10pts a game? Maybe I'm wrong?

Depends. If Kobe is out with injuries, I could see him averaging 13-14 ppg, with Clarkson probably the lead scorer.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

always gotta consider Kobe going down.

Russell needs to work on his shot. He's got good form and he can get it off.. but he's super streaky.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Russell needs to work on his shot. He's got good form and he can get it off.. but he's super streaky.

I think his shot will be elite within a few years. Has to adjust to NBA 3 point range, newer PG duties, etc. But he was a good shooter in college.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

Russells midrange game is almost automatic. I expect him to be a decent 3pt shooter by 2016-2017 season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Russells midrange game is almost automatic. I expect him to be a decent 3pt shooter by 2016-2017 season.

I really think that once he gets a little more adjusted to the pro game that his 3pt shot is going to be respectable this season.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I think his shot will be elite within a few years. Has to adjust to NBA 3 point range, newer PG duties, etc. But he was a good shooter in college.

I was thinking the exact same thing because of what happened in the last SL game when the kid hit 4 straight. A couple of things came to mind. First, just after he hit the first of the 4 straight, I saw something I hadn't seen: he relaxed! He looked like he had made the transition from thinking, over thinking, etc., he was just playing the game he's truly gifted to play.

Second, even if it is a bit streaky, I couldn't help but wonder if we were to look at all the SL games played this past summer, I'm willing to bet that he was one of only a few, if not the only player, to hit 4 consecutive shots. That's called elite possibility to me.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing because of what happened in the last SL game when the kid hit 4 straight. A couple of things came to mind. First, just after he hit the first of the 4 straight, I saw something I hadn't seen:
he relaxed! He looked like he had made the transition from thinking, over thinking, etc., he was just playing the game he's truly gifted to play.

Second, even if it is a bit streaky, I couldn't help but wonder if we were to look at all the SL games played this past summer, I'm willing to bet that he was one of only a few, if not the only player, to hit 4 consecutive shots. That's called elite possibility to me.

BINGO! ............ Relaxed being the key word.

He has to learn how to handle the pressure of being in the LA & NBA limelight.

It will take a period of adjustment but once he finds his comfort zone this kid is going to be awesome.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing because of what happened in the last SL game when the kid hit 4 straight. A couple of things came to mind. First, just after he hit the first of the 4 straight, I saw something I hadn't seen:
he relaxed! He looked like he had made the transition from thinking, over thinking, etc., he was just playing the game he's truly gifted to play.

BINGO! ............ Relaxed being the key word.

He has to learn how to handle the pressure of being in the LA & NBA limelight.

It will take a period of adjustment but once he finds his comfort zone this kid is going to be awesome.

Yeah, I hear you, but I think handling the NBA/LA limelight will be quite easy for him. I was moved every time he said "my Dad this, or my Dad that" on draft night. That tells me he has a strong support system.

My observation was that most of his problems were (a) the need to get in tip top shape, along with everyone's patience as he grows into his body (b) the offense and (c) the lack of familiarity with the other players. He's got the gifts to be really, really, special.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject:

For those who remember irving in college and HS, was he that much faster than russell currently is?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject:

DLo can play faster but that's not his game.

LBJ is faster and more athletic than Magic.

I'll always go with the Laker.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
For those who remember irving in college and HS, was he that much faster than russell currently is?

Different type of player. And he missed most of college with an injury.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

I like towns a lot but I would have taken Russell 1st overall as well. Towns is one of the most talented bigman I've ever seen but I don't see an alpha on the court. I don't see a leader or a man who wants it bad enough to be a number 1 option. He will probably be an all-star in a few years and you can't complain about that but Russell is going to be something special.

Im probably the happiest person in the world right now that he and Randle are lakers.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

yes

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I agree. He have faith he will be a very good player. He is not the quickest pg around but he has ability and intelligence. I would take that combination over a freakish athlete every time, especially at point guard.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Does the super quick flicking release on Russell J's off-the-dribble and the back peddle that follow remind anyone else of Nick the Quick?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Im probably the happiest person in the world right now that he and Randle are lakers.

Heh. I will join.

1. We drafted my favorite player from college this year in Russell.
2. We got the guy I was hoping would make it to us in the draft last year in Randle.
3. Then we drafted Clarkson, who on draft day was the only other guy I was interested in seeing where he went since I'm a Mizzou grad. Suprised at how far he fell. Smiling when I found out it turned out to be us that got him.
4. Then for fun, we also got his partner, Jabari in the draft...

Pretty happy and I hope it all pans out, but we'll see. Was really hoping we could trade our two picks to move up for Justin Anderson on draft day, but I see what the Lakers are after with their two selections and you can't force a trade on anyone.

Can't wait to see them grow and hopefully hit their potential. Probably going to have to wade through a lot of over reacting negative garbage on the site with their growing pains, but looking forward to their development.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Does the super quick flicking release on Russell J's off-the-dribble and the back peddle that follow remind anyone else of Nick the Quick?

Hah. Not sure. Maybe if he throws in the shadow boxing afterward.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I agree. He have faith he will be a very good player. He is not the quickest pg around but he has ability and intelligence. I would take that combination over a freakish athlete every time, especially at point guard.

He will age well. Wouldn't be surprised seeing him ball into his mid 30s
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Heh. I will join.

1. We drafted my favorite player from college this year in Russell.
2. We got the guy I was hoping would make it to us in the draft last year in Randle.
3. Then we drafted Clarkson, who on draft day was the only other guy I was interested in seeing where he went since I'm a Mizzou grad. Suprised at how far he fell. Smiling when I found out it turned out to be us that got him.
4. Then for fun, we also got his partner, Jabari in the draft...

Pretty happy and I hope it all pans out, but we'll see. Was really hoping we could trade our two picks to move up for Justin Anderson on draft day, but I see what the Lakers are after with their two selections and you can't force a trade on anyone.

Can't wait to see them grow and hopefully hit their potential. Probably going to have to wade through a lot of over reacting negative garbage on the site with their growing pains, but looking forward to their development.

[taggart from Blazing Saddles Voice]

Would it cheer you up if I was to shoot one of those negative nancies?

[/taggart voice]
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

The shadow box was legit. One of my favorite post bucket celebrations of all time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

The shadow box was legit. One of my favorite post bucket celebrations of all time.

Beats the hell out of that stupid stirring a pot (bleep) Harden does.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

I think he said it was basically him doing this
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Oh Lawd. I had to look that weakness up. I honestly never noticed it before.

What a mistake that was!

And I thought Sunderbland and Billy Mac were bad.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Probably my least favorite celebration ever. God, I hate that guy.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 2877, 2878, 2879  Next
Page 140 of 2879
Jump to: