OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1752, 1753, 1754 ... 2861, 2862, 2863  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Why is Dave20 allowed to troll this thread?

I do not agree with Dave20's trolling, but I will say that overall ball movement and effort were superb without D'Lo. The team did not look like they missed him one bit last night (emphasis on last night).

DLO had been terrible the last 3 games so not having him dragging them down probably helped . That said, when he's not in a horrific slump, he's inarguably one of our more important players. The team looked like (bleep) without him when he was out last time -- our downfall really started with his injury.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
Dominator wrote:

I do not agree with Dave20's trolling, but I will say that overall ball movement and effort were superb without D'Lo. The team did not look like they missed him one bit last night (emphasis on last night).

DLO had been terrible the last 3 games so not having him dragging them down probably helped . That said, when he's not in a horrific slump, he's inarguably one of our more important players. The team looked like (bleep) without him when he was out last time -- our downfall really started with his injury.

Calderon is revving the tank as we speak.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Is it a bad thing that we still haven't heard about the MRI results?
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Dlo is the most polarizing player on our squad by far
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I'm just going by what I saw last night. When Russell went out Ingram became the 1st option offensively and the team played better on both ends.
The dude scores 15 points and here you're acting like he put up 39 as a rookie.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

only on LG. I don't live in LA, lives in northeast. Non Lakers fan that I've spoken (mostly Knicks) are very high on DLo and actually buffled why he's not playing more minutes. They do complained about Porzingis similar about us/DLo
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Ingram works better with the organized group. Second unit is free flow street ball. Ingram gets lost there. He's the ceremonial ball handler who never sees the ball again. I would remove him from that and into the starting group which he will be for a long time.

Agree. Start him.

I am trying hard to look for data with Ingram playing with Lou and JC vs lineups where he doesn't. A little more specific than starting vs coming off the bench, don't know if it's out there or how to find it

Ceremonial ball handler is exactly how it feels with Brandon in the 2nd unit with JC and Lou a lot of the times

Check out NBAwowy
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is it a bad thing that we still haven't heard about the MRI results?

An article just came out on nba.com with some non-info, still waiting

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Lakers still had not received the results from D’Angelo Russell’s MRI to determine the severity of the mild MCL sprain in his right knee and strained right calf — both of which were suffered just a minute into Friday’s win over Indiana.

Walton said that Jose Calderon will likely start in Russell’s place if he misses time, but that he could get “creative” with the opening lineup considering how Dallas plays big guards and wings.

More pressingly, Walton hopes that Russell — who missed three weeks this season due to a sore left knee — is able to stay positive if he does have to sit out again.

“I’ve had that experience before and it can weigh heavy on you,” said Walton, whose playing career was plagued by back injuries. “Hopefully this one isn’t too bad, but we’ll do what we can do as a team and a staff to make sure that we keep his spirits as high as possible.”

Also whenever Luke gets "creative" it usually gets "ugly"

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Ingram works better with the organized group. Second unit is free flow street ball. Ingram gets lost there. He's the ceremonial ball handler who never sees the ball again. I would remove him from that and into the starting group which he will be for a long time.

Agree. Start him.

I am trying hard to look for data with Ingram playing with Lou and JC vs lineups where he doesn't. A little more specific than starting vs coming off the bench, don't know if it's out there or how to find it

Ceremonial ball handler is exactly how it feels with Brandon in the 2nd unit with JC and Lou a lot of the times

Check out NBAwowy

I did. My eyes may never be the same.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree. Start him.

Check out NBAwowy

I did. My eyes may never be the same.
Yeah I saw. Ugly site, annoying UI... but really freakin useful lol
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
Dominator wrote:

I thought the offense looked ugly and lost at times outside of BI taking over in the 3rd but the assist numbers don't back me up. The team looked rudderless back in November or December when DLO was out for a significant stretch

That was tough because we were also missing Nick Young and if I remember Nance too. I believe even Calderon got hurt at the same time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

It would be great if the MRI diagnosis ends up being Day to day, maybe we still have some luck left lol
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

I've never seem something like that and I'm a Lakers fan since Magic Johnson as a rookie. We have a dozen of blind lovers, a dozen of blind haters and folks with all kind of opinions about him in between. I believe he is going to be a very good player and is way past the bust label, but at the same time I can call myself a doubter about his potential to be our savior one day.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

I've never seem something like that and I'm a Lakers fan since Magic Johnson as a rookie. We have a dozen of blind lovers, a dozen of blind haters and folks with all kind of opinions about him in between. I believe he is going to be a very good player and is way past the bust label, but at the same time I can call myself a doubter about his potential to be our savior one day.

Why does he have to be our savior? We have several young guys that are doing this together.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.
Jakanzi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

Kobe was a pretty polarizing figure among Laker fans at one point too.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

Why does he have to be our savior? We have several young guys that are doing this together.

I don't think he has to be, it was me telling you yesterday that it is not mandatory Julius, Ingram and Russell turning all into superstars, that if we could get one out of list it may be enough to compete because there is not a bust among them.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Jakanzi wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

Kobe was a pretty polarizing figure among Laker fans at one point too.

Among non Lakers fans he was a polarizing figure most of his career, but among us it never reached the levels we see with Dlo. There were some rough times when Shaq was traded, but I don't remember the fan base so divided about a single player.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.

1. tox
2. zete payas
3. Mike from Laker Talk
4. Antonio Russell
5. Phil Jackson
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.

1. tox
2. zete payas
3. Mike from Laker Talk
4. Antonio Russell
5. Phil Jackson

Don't forget about his dogs. You wanna talk about unconditional love? SMH
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
tox wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.

1. tox
2. zete payas
3. Mike from Laker Talk
4. Antonio Russell
5. Phil Jackson

Don't forget about his dogs. You wanna talk about unconditional love? SMH

dude have a 2-12 game, scrubbin it up real good

go home and they still at the door happy to see him

wtf is that about?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.

It would not be polite, but you can search at game threads some folks telling they don't have a reason to watch the game when Russell is on the bench, or someone wishing Lou could break a leg (I'm never going to forget that) so Dlo would play more minutes. I find even the comparisons to LeBron and Kyrie somewhat a reach, but you know, there are some folks that think Dave20 is a bit too high about Clarkson ...
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.

It would not be polite, but you can search at game threads some folks telling they don't have a reason to watch the game when Russell is on the bench, or someone wishing Lou could break a leg (I'm never going to forget that) so Dlo would play more minutes. I find even the comparisons to LeBron and Kyrie somewhat a reach, but you know, there are some folks that think Dave20 is a bit too high about Clarkson ...

What the hell are you on about now?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:
nash wrote:
al242 wrote:

List them.

Bolded: So you can't. But you're going to continue to make false equivalences about DLO "lovers" and DLO haters. Sounds about right.

Underlined: I don't think you understand the purpose of the per-100 possessions comparisons. When someone shows that only Kyrie & LeBron also got to 28/8/6 per 100 possessions at a young age, that doesn't mean they think Russell is going get to their level. It's just a simple way of contextualizing the raw volume Russell puts up on the stat sheet.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Oram ‏@billoram 3m3 minutes ago
More
D'Angelo Russell update: He did not travel with the Lakers to Dallas, so out against Mavericks. Still awaiting MRI results.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1752, 1753, 1754 ... 2861, 2862, 2863  Next
Page 1753 of 2863
Jump to: