OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1900, 1901, 1902 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I was at the game and have a question why did Luke pull him in the 2nd half ? He just started getting hot and Clarkson even turned to Luke at scorers table and asked him if he was sure he wanted him to check in for DLO

He had a couple of really lazy possessions in a row on the defensive end.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:
I was at the game and have a question why did Luke pull him in the 2nd half ? He just started getting hot and Clarkson even turned to Luke at scorers table and asked him if he was sure he wanted him to check in for DLO

It was around the 7 minute mark when he turned it over and didn't sprint back to cover the open man and the guy got a lay up.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

ok Spurs where shooting at other basket from where I was sitting didnt really see it but if that was the case all for taking him out
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

It was around the 7 minute mark when he turned it over and didn't sprint back to cover the open man and the guy got a lay up.

Aside from maybe Ingram that sounds like 90% of the team.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Brewer was hustling and talking and encouraging the guys when on the bench I wouldnt mind keeping a guy like that around
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Pop gave kids great example by calling a timeout when Leonard had a lazy possession on defense and pulled him on a sidenote damn he has gotten good and I can tell he worked with Kobe I was like hey I know that move and footwork lol
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

And my only frustration with that is that Russell & Randle are the only ones who are held to that standard on the team. Nick Young gets to do whatever he wants while you got Popovich benching an on fire Kawhi Leonard for a lazy possession.

If you're gonna build the culture, build the damn culture and apply the same standard to everyone.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

And my only frustration with that is that Russell & Randle are the only ones who are held to that standard on the team. Nick Young gets to do whatever he wants while you got Popovich benching an on fire Kawhi Leonard for a lazy possession.

If you're gonna build the culture, build the damn culture and apply the same standard to everyone.

And by the fans =P

I'm thinking Luke sees Russell and Randle as the 1-2 punch of the future and the team's future leaders, thus holds them to a different standard he doesn't hold the role players to.

That's what I am seeing anyway. Mainly because he feels they can be special, so they want to hammer in these ideals early and hold them to the different standard from those they feel are set in stone (which I get the feeling Luke feels about Clarkson).
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

DLo handles it well though stays engaged on bench talks to coaches, roots for team mates and yells out advice for them
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Same situation. Pop is harder with Kawhi like he was harder with TP and Luke is harder on both Randle and Russ because he views them as the leaders or at least thoses who can impact a game the most when they are on their game. ( I may have worded this very badly lol)
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

And by the fans =P

I'm thinking Luke sees Russell and Randle as the 1-2 punch of the future and the team's future leaders, thus holds them to a different standard he doesn't hold the role players to.

That's what I am seeing anyway. Mainly because he feels they can be special, so they want to hammer in these ideals early and hold them to the different standard from those they feel are set in stone (which I get the feeling Luke feels about Clarkson).

You really think Randle is a good enough offensive player to be part of a 1-2 punch on a good team?

I don't. I think he probably treats Randle that way because he has ridiculous defensive potential if he played as hard as he should. I think he caps out as a good role player offensively.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
DLo handles it well though stays engaged on bench talks to coaches, roots for team mates and yells out advice for them

Shhhh let's not bring that up
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

All this talk about Paul George I was thinking lets say we keep pick take BPA and see if Magic has the Magic touch with FA's and sign Gordon Hayward who I personally think is better than Paul George and Jimmy Butler and that would accelerate the rebuild by a year without giving up any prime assets

Paul George is a better defender and rebounder. The Lakers need that.

Their rebound rate is too close to make that judgment. Also, Hayward isn't a bad defender, either. He's solid on-ball and off-ball, at least from what I've seen.

I don't agree, but discussing Hayward is waste of time because Magic isn't even thinking about him.

why would you think that?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

the only reason George and Butler where on the Olympic team and Hayward wasnt is that George and Butler are bigger names not the better players Hayward might want to go to LA so he can get more exposure as a player something he wont get in Utah
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Russell was one of the few guys to bother showing up. But of course I knew this thread would be a trash fire again.

It's a dumpster fire that never stops. I like coming by to warm my hands from time to time since this, and the Randle thread, is where discourse goes to die.

Its funny, because Randle is also where ball movement goes to die.

Jesus protect me from your followers. Dancing Barry protect me from your posters.

Love your fellow posters as you would love yourself, my friend.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

This is my biggest complaint with Russell and Randle mostly because I have the highest expectations for them. The team as a whole suffers from half assing defense but these are our big guns supposedly, they need to do better in the effort and desire department and not just when they have the ball.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Personally I think a pg13/Dlo duo works better than pg13/Ingram (and of course I'd love to have both with pg13 but that's unrealistic). That being said if Dlo yields us pg13 doesn't that say a lot about how other teams value him highly?

All this talk about Paul George I was thinking lets say we keep pick take BPA and see if Magic has the Magic touch with FA's and sign Gordon Hayward who I personally think is better than Paul George and Jimmy Butler and that would accelerate the rebuild by a year without giving up any prime assets

The DREAM will never die.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Their rebound rate is too close to make that judgment. Also, Hayward isn't a bad defender, either. He's solid on-ball and off-ball, at least from what I've seen.

While I agree that Hayward would be a great option instead of PG, but we are horrible, and I would guess that Hayward has had enough of horrible.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Same situation. Pop is harder with Kawhi like he was harder with TP and Luke is harder on both Randle and Russ because he views them as the leaders or at least thoses who can impact a game the most when they are on their game. ( I may have worded this very badly lol)

Exactly, coaching isn't a democracy.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

While I agree that Hayward would be a great option instead of PG, but we are horrible, and I would guess that Hayward has had enough of horrible.

Take Hayward off Utah and how good are they ? Conversely add Hayward to Lakers instead of Nick young and how good are they ?
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Dominator wrote:
troy wrote:
It was a blowout game. Stats are going to be higher than usual. The Spurs were hardly pressing. Russell did well in a low impact effort by the Spurs. He hit half of what were mostly wide open shots while the Spurs seemingly were playing in slow motion.

For our Lakers to be an impact team, we need a PG that will be an impact player, not just give us an average game every now and then. With less than 5 assists per game, and about a 39% FG rate on the season, I'm still not convinced of him.

That said, yes, he is young, and he is learning, and I think he wants to be a great player. I also like his size for the 1 spot. If he can work on a midrange game offseason, and get his footwork in order, he would be a vast improvement over what we've seen so far.

One last thing, I find it odd that some fans, who only see the game on TV, actually find it within themselves to criticize James Worthy (and B. Scott for that matter) for his opinions regarding Russell. Worthy is a former NBA star, a HOFamer, and he's currently being paid to be a professional analyst for this Lakers team. He spends time around the Lakers practices and the games. And he played with Magic. This is his job. HE's the expert. So if he's criticizing the play of DLo, I'm taking his word that HE knows what's talking about.

^Dave20

Funny 'cos Dave20 said the same when Dlo put up 24/6 against Spurs last year. And it was close for 3 quarters.

Dave's much too busy counting the money in his Well's Fargo account to be wasting time on LG complaining about DLO. Come on guise

Lol he's actually trolling/D'Lo hating on r/Lakers now. Guy is consistent.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

A couple is an understatement. I hope this kid gets better because right now I don't see it. I really can't imagine that he is the future for a contending team.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pmacla wrote:

And my only frustration with that is that Russell & Randle are the only ones who are held to that standard on the team. Nick Young gets to do whatever he wants while you got Popovich benching an on fire Kawhi Leonard for a lazy possession. If you're gonna build the culture, build the damn culture and apply the same standard to everyone.

In a vacuum, I agree. But Im open to letting Luke chose his battles a bit given time and context. The team is ready to move on from Young and his Laker career has another 20 games. Russell and Randle are core going forward.

I've always been fine with Luke holding Russell to a higher standard. He's our best player and a major part of our future. From the outside maybe it looks like inequity but if there's trust in their relationship it's positive. Look at what Pop did with Parker. Same thing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1900, 1901, 1902 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 1901 of 2873
Jump to: