OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Russell says there are lots of spoiled Lakers fans. O_o
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2558153-dangelo-russell-comments-on-spoiled-lakers-fans-kobe-bryant-and-more

"Spoiled" really isn't the right word - The issue is just with overzealous Kobe worshippers, who take offense even when a statement has nothing to do with him.

By the way, the interview was like a week or two ago.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sorry but I don't see any prime Kobe like players walking through that door. The closest may be Westbrook but i suggest you check out his extracurricular stuff too on IG. it's just the way the kids are today.

Yup. These millennials simply have a different mindset than old guys like Kobe (and many of us lol).
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

Still can't believe how far away pre-season is - A month away. Some years, it just literally creeps up on you, but this one, for some reason, it taking forever to get to.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2558153-dangelo-russell-comments-on-spoiled-lakers-fans-kobe-bryant-and-more

"Spoiled" really isn't the right word - The issue is just with overzealous Kobe worshippers, who take offense even when a statement has nothing to do with him.

By the way, the interview was like a week or two ago.

Yeah I think he was searching for a better word and only "spoiled" fit the description. Most of the people he offended with his TMAC tweet are only tangentially Lakers fans.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Bleacher Report: Gwyn's comments calling D'angelo Russell a (bleep) and more... (275 comments)

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sorry but I don't see any prime Kobe like players walking through that door. The closest may be Westbrook but i suggest you check out his extracurricular stuff too on IG. it's just the way the kids are today.

Yup. These millennials simply have a different mindset than old guys like Kobe (and many of us lol).

Indeed. Well, I'm in between generation wise, but I'm not "offended" as much as some are. It's their own unique way of connecting with the fanbase.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Bleacher Report: Gwyn's comments calling D'angelo Russell a (bleep) and more... (275 comments)

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
The Logo wrote:
He's right. A lot of Laker fans are spoiled. Every fanbase will have those type of fans that'll nitpick everything a player does. It's annoying how the media and fans analyzes every little thing he does or says.

Im sorry if we are used to excellence and great players.

Be sorry you needlessly nitpick a promising young player. That is what is so annoying, getting down on a young player because of what is said in the media, that is plain dumb. Maybe give a guy an actual chance to show excellence and great play before determining he won't off of a few comments? Is that too much to ask? By the way, you are a perfect example of the spoiled Laker fan he is speaking of, the ones who don't know enough about the game or team to form intelligent opinions.

Huh?!?! This has nothing to do with his play. I get it you would take a bullet for Dloading, but defending a rookie who has done NOTHING (hasnt played 1 min of real ball for us) for this franchise yet talking bad about probably the most loyal and die hard basketball fans is not a good look no matter how you try to spin it by calling me names. If you read a couple post above you will see said nothing about his play but how he carries himself rubs me wrong way. Just like how shaqs antics/Kobes anti social ways rub others the wrong way.

How about supporting a Laker rookie because he is a Laker and as Laker fans, it's what we've always done?

And yes, the constant and repetitive complainers in this thread taking cheap jabs at D-Lo before he's even played a regulation game are both annoying and obnoxious. And no, I wouldn't take a bullet for him, I don't know him personally, wasn't vested in him being drafted or not drafted by the Lakers, and I'm not even that familiar with his game. But that doesn't matter because he's a Laker now, so I support him and wish him the best.

It's sad that something so obvious needs to be spelled out.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sorry but I don't see any prime Kobe like players walking through that door.

That's a safe bet. Arguably there are only 1 or 2 prime Kobe like players in the league (LBJ and healthy Durant).
I know you're talking about mentality, and I'm talking about ability on the court.
But if a player plays well enough, Laker fans don't give 2 (bleep) about mentality or other off the court intangibles.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's a safe bet. Arguably there are only 1 or 2 prime Kobe like players in the league (LBJ and healthy Durant).
I know you're talking about mentality, and I'm talking about ability on the court.
But if a player plays well enough, Laker fans don't give 2 (bleep) about mentality or other off the court intangibles.

Not even LBJ/Durant, in my book, have a Kobe mentality. They have their own way of doing things. Westbrook to me most closely resembles Kobe's "I don't give a F," take as many shots as I need to approach...and even he's busy with his clothing um..."statements" and such. It's a part of the NBA game now.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not even LBJ/Durant, in my book, have a Kobe mentality. They have their own way of doing things. Westbrook to me most closely resembles Kobe's "I don't give a F," take as many shots as I need to approach...and even he's busy with his clothing um..."statements" and such. It's a part of the NBA game now.

He is a festive man.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Westbrook and Harden are the most similar to Kobe right now. Both guys are never afraid of the big moments and seem to thrive in the clutch
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Westbrook and Harden are the most similar to Kobe right now. Both guys are never afraid of the big moments and seem to thrive in the clutch

Harden? Don't get me wrong, he balled this year, but in the playoffs against the Warriors, when it counted most, he badly wilted.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

harden has been no show for 2 straight years in playoffs. when they stop calling the bs calls.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
The Logo wrote:
He's right. A lot of Laker fans are spoiled. Every fanbase will have those type of fans that'll nitpick everything a player does. It's annoying how the media and fans analyzes every little thing he does or says.

Be sorry you needlessly nitpick a promising young player. That is what is so annoying, getting down on a young player because of what is said in the media, that is plain dumb. Maybe give a guy an actual chance to show excellence and great play before determining he won't off of a few comments? Is that too much to ask? By the way, you are a perfect example of the spoiled Laker fan he is speaking of, the ones who don't know enough about the game or team to form intelligent opinions.

Huh?!?! This has nothing to do with his play. I get it you would take a bullet for Dloading, but defending a rookie who has done NOTHING (hasnt played 1 min of real ball for us) for this franchise yet talking bad about probably the most loyal and die hard basketball fans is not a good look no matter how you try to spin it by calling me names. If you read a couple post above you will see said nothing about his play but how he carries himself rubs me wrong way. Just like how shaqs antics/Kobes anti social ways rub others the wrong way.

How about supporting a Laker rookie because he is a Laker and as Laker fans, it's what we've always done?

And yes, the constant and repetitive complainers in this thread taking cheap jabs at D-Lo before he's even played a regulation game are both annoying and obnoxious. And no, I wouldn't take a bullet for him, I don't know him personally, wasn't vested in him being drafted or not drafted by the Lakers, and I'm not even that familiar with his game. But that doesn't matter because he's a Laker now, so I support him and wish him the best.

Again not knocking him as a player as he hasnt played one single second of meaningful basketball he himself might turn out to be GOAT. Just commenting on how it rubbed me the wrong way hes calling Laker fans spoiled. Maybe some dont find it offensive but I did.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Again not knocking him as a player as he hasnt played one single second of meaningful basketball he himself might turn out to be GOAT. Just commenting on how it rubbed me the wrong way hes calling Laker fans spoiled. Maybe some dont find it offensive but I did.

Probably rubbed him the wrong way when he made an offhanded remark about how Tmac coulda been the GOAT and those Laker fans jumped him like Rambo without a jockstrap.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Probably rubbed him the wrong way when he made an offhanded remark about how Tmac coulda been the GOAT and those Laker fans jumped him like Rambo without a jockstrap.

you're probably right but could have used a better word :mannyshrug:
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
The Logo wrote:

True Good point
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

If you guys can't bother to read the thread in order, its just a lighthearted take on what it would be like to have everything you typed used as clickbait by the media.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Drifts wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

not gonna judge kid till he plays meaningful games but hes too high key for my liking especially after proving nothing.

lol... guy calls TMac GOAT then proceeds to call Laker fans spoiled.

He didn't call TMac GOAT. You're either trolling or your reading comprehension is some of the worst I've ever seen.

lol... guy calls TMac maybe GOAT then proceeds to call Laker fans spoiled.

you happy?

although he called Laker fans "spoiled", to Russell's credit he didn't twist his words to suggest "he didn't call TMac GOAT", and admitted as much like a man should. props to DLo on that end.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Thing is Russell will have to learn that in LA it is a media firestorm, all the time.

He has to be careful what he says or tweets or posts publicly, and he has to work hard and get better and better as time goes on.

He is a very young guy. I want to see him get with a personal trainer Tim Grover style, work on his core and strength and develop his already noticeable strong points and work on his weaknesses.

I liked the way he competed on defense in summer league. I hope he does that in the regular season as well.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Thing is Russell will have to learn that in LA it is a media firestorm, all the time.

He has to be careful what he says or tweets or posts publicly, and he has to work hard and get better and better as time goes on.

He is a very young guy. I want to see him get with a personal trainer Tim Grover style, work on his core and strength and develop his already noticeable strong points and work on his weaknesses.

I liked the way he competed on defense in summer league. I hope he does that in the regular season as well.

He's been working with Tim DiFrancesco on strength and he has his trainer from Ohio in town working with him on ballhandling.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

4 three point attempts a game.
That's the one stat I hope Russell hits this upcoming year.
If he shoots more 3s than that. Even better!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
4 three point attempts a game.
That's the one stat I hope Russell hits this upcoming year.
If he shoots more 3s than that. Even better!

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

There is no doubt that he'll have to grow up quick around here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 203 of 2873
Jump to: