OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
I've disagreed with many moderators on this board on several occasions. Even to an annoyance degree sometimes. I do not believe I have ever been banned, suspended, or punished in any way?

I do think I pushed the envelope on an analytics thread, and that Byron Scott dog comment thread though.

The only thing I want to ban is your abuse of the question mark?

You know I love you man!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
I've disagreed with many moderators on this board on several occasions. Even to an annoyance degree sometimes. I do not believe I have ever been banned, suspended, or punished in any way?

I do think I pushed the envelope on an analytics thread, and that Byron Scott dog comment thread though.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

Like you said, you've disagreed with many moderators on many occasions, even to the point of annoyance, and never even got close to a suspension. I would have shot USCandLakers into space years ago if that got you a suspension. It's a message board, and disagreement is a fundamental part of it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

Like you said, you've disagreed with many moderators on many occasions, even to the point of annoyance, and never even got close to a suspension. I would have shot USCandLakers into space years ago if that got you a suspension. It's a message board, and disagreement is a fundamental part of it.

and you would have made that shot if you used the post more...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
Megaton wrote:
I bet in the Twitter age, Lakers fans would have DESPISED Magic Johnson and thought we should have picked Larry Bird.

You do know that Larry Bird was drafted one year before Magic, right?

He does now.
In the Twitter age how would Magic fair? That's a fun hypothetical.
Would Magic tweet Chamberlain was GOAT even though KAJ was on his team? Maybe?
Magic reportedly got his head coach (Westhead) fired after his rookie year. So I'm sure a young Magic would rock the boat with a twitter account.

Imagine if everyone had a cell phone with a camera in 1980.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

No!!!!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Sorry GT I had to lol

Latest quick interview with Russell as we await something real to discuss:

http://www.lakersnation.com/dangelo-russell-relates-to-kobe-bryant-being-mentally-on-another-level/2015/09/02/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
Megaton wrote:
I bet in the Twitter age, Lakers fans would have DESPISED Magic Johnson and thought we should have picked Larry Bird.

He does now.
Magic reportedly got his head coach (Westhead) fired after his rookie year. So I'm sure a young Magic would rock the boat with a twitter account.

One my biggest complaints about modern athletes is how milquetoast their public personas are, but I totally get why that's the case. They have to be that way. Nowadays a stupid beard or fuchsia capri pants that are 3 sizes too small with a patterned shirt that Helen Keller would find tacky is what qualifies as "personality." #getoffmylawn
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Sorry GT I had to lol

Latest quick interview with Russell as we await something real to discuss:

http://www.lakersnation.com/dangelo-russell-relates-to-kobe-bryant-being-mentally-on-another-level/2015/09/02/

It was an interesting read, but the headline is a little misleading.

I would suggest not reading the comments, as people are still hurt over Russell's recent comments and tweets.

That and people are still predicting his career based on a few summer league games.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

I try to tell him 22 but that boy does not listen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

I try to tell him 22 but that boy does not listen

yess!! hahahah
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

In the event Clarkson/DLO start together, who will primarily guard SGs/PGs?

DLO according to DX has a 2 inch longer wingspan, and 4 inch greater standing reach than Clarkson. I think he's better suited length wise to guard SGs? I think Clarkson has greater agility/lateral quickness to stay in front of PGs.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

DLO according to DX has a 2 inch longer wingspan, and 4 inch greater standing reach than Clarkson. I think he's better suited length wise to guard SGs? I think Clarkson has greater agility/lateral quickness to stay in front of PGs.

Eventually it may be DLO, but in the near term he may need to bulk up before he can take on some of the stronger SG's.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Eventually it may be DLO, but in the near term he may need to bulk up before he can take on some of the stronger SG's.

Yeah. Perhaps DLO will use his length and smarts to give some PGs space b/c he isn't the quickest laterally.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. Perhaps DLO will use his length and smarts to give some PGs space b/c he isn't the quickest laterally.

Rubio is among the better defenders from the PG position, and he's not exactly explosive.

Speaking of which, he should he a good test and learning experience for DLO on opening night.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

No!!!!!!

USC and I would kill 24 and GT in 2 on 2.
Because we'd know they're always gonna run the pick and roll

I guess I should talk too much smack. We can't exactly run the triangle with 2 people.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

You know I love you man!

No!!!!!!

I guess I should talk too much smack. We can't exactly run the triangle with 2 people.

You'd both be busy trying to post up on each block while getting angry at each other for not throwing the entry pass.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

You can run the triangle two man game. Pinch post into ... er... pick and roll...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He does now.

The Magic Johnson sex tapes...Magic Johnson sex tapes everywhere...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

[quote="venturalakersfan"]
kikanga wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He does now.

At least saying Wilt is the GOAT would make sense judging by some of the ridiculous numbers he's put up and the records he has.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'm compelled at the moment to back Russell's comments about Laker fans being spoiled. At least from what I've seen on this site, our fans are way too impatient. And so Russell's remark is fitting and feels just! realleh

We are spoiled. I am spoiled with winning championships. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, however DLO in my opinion does not have the clout yet to speak on the the Laker fan base. Like most rookies keep your mouth shut and earn the right to speak about Kobe, fans, etc.

well said... but Russell doesn't have to shut up, maybe just think before he "speaks his mind"... this reminds me of getting real goes bad. lol ...
calling Lakers fans "spoiled" is not a classy thing to do and won't win him any "fans", especially since he has not accomplished anything to make the fans proud.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject:

Magic is excited about Russell, and can't wait to sit down and have a talk with him:
http://www.twcsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20150902/magic-says-the-lakers-can-make-the-playoffs

Can't beat having Kobe, Magic, and Nash as your mentors / advisors.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
JayLida wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'm compelled at the moment to back Russell's comments about Laker fans being spoiled. At least from what I've seen on this site, our fans are way too impatient. And so Russell's remark is fitting and feels just! realleh

We are spoiled. I am spoiled with winning championships. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, however DLO in my opinion does not have the clout yet to speak on the the Laker fan base. Like most rookies keep your mouth shut and earn the right to speak about Kobe, fans, etc.

well said... but Russell doesn't have to shut up, maybe just think before he "speaks his mind"... this reminds me of getting real goes bad. lol ...
calling Lakers fans "spoiled" is not a classy thing to do and won't win him any "fans", especially since he has not accomplished anything to make the fans proud.

And we Lakers fans can't have a thicker skin than to be offended by a 19 year old kid? (let alone if you actually read the context of the comments, it's not even "offensive" at all)?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject:

Laker fans are just bored and looking for some excitement in their lives. Can't wait for the season to get started!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
JayLida wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

And we Lakers fans can't have a thicker skin than to be offended by a 19 year old kid? (let alone if you actually read the context of the comments, it's not even "offensive" at all)?

Lakers fans aren't spoiled at all. They merely demand that you become the driving force behind five championships first before you're allowed to call them DUMB and, yes, SPOILED.

Is that too much to ask?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 207 of 2873
Jump to: