OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL THREAD....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2129, 2130, 2131 ... 2421, 2422, 2423  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1626
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Russell generally can respond well to being benched, with exception for the first game benched by Luke.

Under Byron, Russell did well coming off the bench, but Randle was terrible off the bench. Probably part of the reason why they haven't experimented with Nance starting this season yet... It might do some damage to Randle as opposed to lighting a fire...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 6087

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

if Byron is echoing the info he's getting from Magic... uh oh... this is what I was worried about. Moving DLo most likely allows us to attach Mozzy or Deng's contract. You want DLo? You gotta take a trash contract.

Magic and Pelinka have come in and all they talk about is free agents, how this is the premier place for free agents to go, etc. Luke has already made it clear he doesn't think DLo and Clarkson are a viable combo going forward so one or the other have to go, maybe both if we are able to combine say Clarkson's contract with that Houston pick in a trade. Then move DLo and Mozzy for somebody... which - if Byron is indeed echoing Magic's thoughts... could be fairly close to what Magic might want to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 307

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I think DLo's ceiling is as a #1 option, but he's going to need to take a leap into elite shooting (45+/40+/85+) territory to get there.


Yup. Some players (especially on our team) do not have #1 option ceilings.


I also agree with this, if "ceiling" means just about everything breaking the right way, which it rarely does.


Yes, everything breaking right for DLO means he'd be a taller Steph Curry with James Harden's ability to get to the rim. So yes, 1st option ceiling.


Lad needs Harden's ability to get to the line as well...

Maybe he should grow a beard.
_________________
"I got Wheaties!"


Last edited by Pidge on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 4958

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why DLo can't be a #1 to lead the franchise. If we're talking about the #1 to lead the franchise to a championship then no, probably not, but if we just mean back to relevance, then absolutely.
_________________
https://twitter.com/_44TheLogo

Kyle kooooooozmaaaa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 33828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
As a starter, since the All-Star Break

9 games
33.9 minutes

22.7 points
5.6 assists
3.1 rebounds
2.0 steals
57.9 TS%

Very good numbers and those even include the games where he came off the bench and played like (bleep).


Haha, they don't, which why I said "as a starter".

I'm noting that he's playing pretty freaking well when they're not jerking him around.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 33828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

So Wiley's question to Byron was "Does this save his job as being the future of the Lakers?"

And that's what Byron flat out said no to.

Interesting.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 8882
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
As a starter, since the All-Star Break

9 games
33.9 minutes

22.7 points
5.6 assists
3.1 rebounds
2.0 steals
57.9 TS%

Very good numbers and those even include the games where he came off the bench and played like (bleep).


Haha, they don't, which why I said "as a starter".

I'm noting that he's playing pretty freaking well when they're not jerking him around.

Oh (bleep) my brain just saw the "since the All-Star Break" and skipped to the bottom
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 77696

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
So Wiley's question to Byron was "Does this save his job as being the future of the Lakers?"

And that's what Byron flat out said no to.

Interesting.


So short sighted if so.
_________________
Your starting 2018 lineup:

PG: Cap space
SG: Cap space
SF: Cap space
PF: Cap space
C: Cap space
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2865
Location: Out There

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.
_________________
venturalakersfan wrote:
Worrying about Phil being the victim of a lack of professionalism. That is one of the funniest things that I have read here. Phil wrote the book (literally) on unprofessionalism.


Last edited by Username on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 8882
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

This is the thing that really concerns me of having Magic in the FO. Are we really going to get rid of our most talented prospect just because the worst coach in Laker history didn't like him
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mdstgreen
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.


Magic likes to talk about everything openly. Subtlety is not his forte.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2865
Location: Out There

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:
I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.


Magic likes to talk about everything openly. Subtlety is not his forte.


He's good at working a room, speaking in platitudes about saying things people generally want to hear.

There's no indication that would lead to, "Hey Byron, we're gonna probably trade Russell, go ahead and take a dump on him on your ESPN TV show that you make regular appearances on."
_________________
venturalakersfan wrote:
Worrying about Phil being the victim of a lack of professionalism. That is one of the funniest things that I have read here. Phil wrote the book (literally) on unprofessionalism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 33828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:
I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.


Magic likes to talk about everything openly. Subtlety is not his forte.


He's good at working a room, speaking in platitudes about saying things people generally want to hear.

There's no indication that would lead to, "Hey Byron, we're gonna probably trade Russell, go ahead and take a dump on him on your ESPN TV show that you make regular appearances on."


The notion that Byron would be privy to Magic's line of thinking with this team doesn't seem far-fetched to me.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3757

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

People start complaining about Russell not starting and then he's magically put back into the starting lineup.

This can't be coincidental can it??

This is how I see the new front office. They make rash decisions based on popular opinion. A few weeks ago there was a clear vision for the team that anyone who was really paying attention could understand. Now, we're just kind of blowing in the wind. I guess the plan is to hope for a big name free agent to be available and trade away whatever young assets are needed to acquire them. Am I right?


I don't have a good feeling about what's going on at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 2831

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers’ Luke Walton intrigued on if D’Angelo Russell can establish consistency

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/03/20/lakers-luke-walton-intrigued-dangelo-russell-establish-consistency/
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Batguano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 848

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
People start complaining about Russell not starting and then he's magically put back into the starting lineup.

This can't be coincidental can it??

This is how I see the new front office. They make rash decisions based on popular opinion. A few weeks ago there was a clear vision for the team that anyone who was really paying attention could understand. Now, we're just kind of blowing in the wind. I guess the plan is to hope for a big name free agent to be available and trade away whatever young assets are needed to acquire them. Am I right?


I don't have a good feeling about what's going on at all.


False.

Especially since Luke was quoted as saying that DLo would be back in the starting lineup eventually the same day his benching was announced.

Can't believe this doom-n-gloom bs is what you drew from last night's game.

So if they bench DLo it's a mistake, but then if they unbench him it's ALSO a mistake...?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3757

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
People start complaining about Russell not starting and then he's magically put back into the starting lineup.

This can't be coincidental can it??

This is how I see the new front office. They make rash decisions based on popular opinion. A few weeks ago there was a clear vision for the team that anyone who was really paying attention could understand. Now, we're just kind of blowing in the wind. I guess the plan is to hope for a big name free agent to be available and trade away whatever young assets are needed to acquire them. Am I right?


I don't have a good feeling about what's going on at all.


False.

Especially since Luke was quoted as saying that DLo would be back in the starting lineup eventually the same day his benching was announced.

Can't believe this doom-n-gloom bs is what you drew from last night's game.

So if they bench DLo it's a mistake, but then if they unbench him it's ALSO a mistake...?



Yup. That's exactly what I said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 3322

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Lakers’ Luke Walton intrigued on if D’Angelo Russell can establish consistency

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/03/20/lakers-luke-walton-intrigued-dangelo-russell-establish-consistency/


come on dlo, drop another 40 pt game on the Clippers

j/k another 20+, 5, and 5 game would be very sastisfying. no more of those 3/11 shooting games...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10084

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan22 wrote:
Dlo's peak is a prime Manu and a prime Manu was amazing.
What I'd give for him to play defense like Manu
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Aug 2004
Posts: 19289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

As long as Magic doesn't go out there and start stuff saying stuff like:

"This Dan Jello kid we got is pretty good, but we have to look at all our options this off season."

I won't panic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2865
Location: Out There

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Username wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:
I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.


Magic likes to talk about everything openly. Subtlety is not his forte.


He's good at working a room, speaking in platitudes about saying things people generally want to hear.

There's no indication that would lead to, "Hey Byron, we're gonna probably trade Russell, go ahead and take a dump on him on your ESPN TV show that you make regular appearances on."


The notion that Byron would be privy to Magic's line of thinking with this team doesn't seem far-fetched to me.


I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility, but it does seem a little far-fetched to me, personally. There are several ex-Lakers who have jobs in the media or who are in the public eye quite a bit, and I just don't think it's a healthy practice for anyone to get into a habit of declaring anything Byron – or any ex-Laker who is close with Magic – says as being information gleaned from some secret conversations with Magic.
_________________
venturalakersfan wrote:
Worrying about Phil being the victim of a lack of professionalism. That is one of the funniest things that I have read here. Phil wrote the book (literally) on unprofessionalism.


Last edited by Username on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 5563

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

What was the consensus on Harden when he got dealt to Houston? Did people think he could be a franchise-carrier or a glorified 6th man whose weaknesses were hidden by coming off the bench to KD/WB?

Last edited by bonkers on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10084

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
So Wiley's question to Byron was "Does this save his job as being the future of the Lakers?"

And that's what Byron flat out said no to.

Interesting.

I'm having a hard time parsing that question. It sounds like he's presupposing that Russell's job is being the future of the Lakers? Is that what Byron said no to? I don't think people would disagree with that.

Or did Wiley misspeak and really just mean: "Does this save D'Angelo's future on the Lakers?" and Byron respond to that?
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 4296

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

which position does Russell DEFEND better, the 1 or the 2?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 33828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Username wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Username wrote:
I have a hard time believing Magic is divulging his secrets for the future of the Lakers over a treadmill run with Byron at LA Fitness.

And I even have a harder time believing Magic is going to get rid of a player just because he didn't get along with Byron Scott.


Magic likes to talk about everything openly. Subtlety is not his forte.


He's good at working a room, speaking in platitudes about saying things people generally want to hear.

There's no indication that would lead to, "Hey Byron, we're gonna probably trade Russell, go ahead and take a dump on him on your ESPN TV show that you make regular appearances on."


The notion that Byron would be privy to Magic's line of thinking with this team doesn't seem far-fetched to me.


I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility, but it does seem a little far-fetched to me, personally. There are several ex-Lakers who have jobs in the media or who are in the public eye quite a bit, and I just don't think it's a healthy practice for anyone to get into a habit of declaring anything Byron – or any ex-Laker who is close with Magic – says as being information gleaned from some secret conversations with Magic.


That's fair. The reality is that I don't trust Magic yet so I'm probably a bit more inclined to be pessimistic than I normally would be.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2129, 2130, 2131 ... 2421, 2422, 2423  Next
Page 2130 of 2423
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB