OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 223, 224, 225 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

Id like to see him drive more either for a score or create for others
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

He needs to add a floater to his game.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

He needs to be more clutch. Dude hasn't even hit an NBA game winner yet.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
I thought russell was a dead-eye shooter? looks nothing like it so far in every game except for a stint in preseason.

This is game 1. Of preseason. Not sure what other games comprise "every".

I'm just agitated in not seeing much. I'm impatient but average play would be nice.

Well if you bring your impatience here expect to be called out for it. If a developing team isn't your cup of tea then you will have a rough patch here.

Life for a sports fan can be a (bleep) and I'm not perfect and neither are you bud! I'm not going to pretend like you to be some absolute perfect fan that is patient and is willing to kiss the ass of the organization. I want it to win and i want the players to live up to their hype. You don't like me voicing it, that's your issue and I'l continue voice my opinion whether you like it or anyone likes it!

Fine, that is your right and I would never ask you not to. Just be prepared for the comments.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

If you're expecting that from Russell I hate pop your bubble because it's not going to happen. Russell doesn't have the speed to blow by people, he going to do his passing off of PnR and on the break. If you ever watched Magic he was a great passer but not off of penetration.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
I thought russell was a dead-eye shooter? looks nothing like it so far in every game except for a stint in preseason.

This is game 1. Of preseason. Not sure what other games comprise "every".

I'm just agitated in not seeing much. I'm impatient but average play would be nice.

Well if you bring your impatience here expect to be called out for it. If a developing team isn't your cup of tea then you will have a rough patch here.

Life for a sports fan can be a (bleep) and I'm not perfect and neither are you bud! I'm not going to pretend like you to be some absolute perfect fan that is patient and is willing to kiss the ass of the organization. I want it to win and i want the players to live up to their hype. You don't like me voicing it, that's your issue and I'l continue voice my opinion whether you like it or anyone likes it!

Fine, that is your right and I would never ask you not to. Just be prepared for the comments.

Yeah, I always love the "I'm going to voice my opinion, but if yours doesn't agree with mine, you should shut up!" argument. The right to an opinion goes both ways/
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Rookies who make an immediate impact are few and far between. Shaq and Lebron come to mind (not even Kobe). We're blessed to have drafted D'Angelo, and so far his poise and passing are through the roof. Good things will come in due time.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

If you're expecting that from Russell I hate pop your bubble because it's not going to happen. Russell doesn't have the speed to blow by people, he going to do his passing off of PnR and on the break. If you ever watched Magic he was a great passer but not off of penetration.

You don't need blow by speed to get to the rim. DLo would get to the rim in college by changing speeds and getting defenders out of position with slick cross overs.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

This kid is going to be a great Nash-like point guard. I love what I've seen. LA made the right choice.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

He needs that desperately but I'm pleased with his poise and defense so far

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

He needs that desperately but I'm pleased with his poise and defense so far

I saw him use it in a few college games, so hopefully it's there.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see him when he's not banged up. Didn't watch him too closely because of it
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
This kid is going to be a great Nash-like point guard. I love what I've seen. LA made the right choice.

If Russ is used as a Nash like point guard then we aren't using him correctly.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

You don't need blow by speed to get to the rim. DLo would get to the rim in college by changing speeds and getting defenders out of position with slick cross overs.

My point is that his game is not a Lillard type game with blazing speed. He will get pass some in certain situations, but most of his game comes off PnR passes and jumpers. Good example was that pocket pass he made to Randle. Don't expect that Nash ability to get into the paint.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

My point is that his game is not a Lillard type game with blazing speed. He will get pass some in certain situations, but most of his game comes off PnR passes and jumpers. Good example was that pocket pass he made to Randle. Don't expect that Nash ability to get into the paint.

I see where you're coming from. From that perspective he reminds me of a poised quarterback who stays in the pocket and picks you apart.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Nash didn't have Lillard speed either.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I see where you're coming from. From that perspective he reminds me of a poised quarterback who stays in the pocket and picks you apart

Yep. Perfectly put.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Nash didn't come into the league with that ability, he eventually developed that part of his game. I believe the same will happen to D'Angelo as he continues to get game experience, along with drills and training, he will develop different dribble moves and stop n go moves that will allow him to be able to read angles and get past defenses,. D'Angelo is still raw you can't expect a finished product in his first preseason game.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc

Last edited by Andre2K on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Nash didn't come into the league with that ability, he eventually developed that part of his game. I believe the same will happen to D'Angelo as he continues to get game experience, along with drills and training, he will develop different dribble move and stop n go moves that will allow him to be able to read angles and get past defenses,. D'Angelo is still raw you can't expect a finished product in his first preseason game.

People forget Nash was not a good player for years. Cuban let him go after a couple years because he wasn't doing well....he was getting boos from the fans there!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I see where you're coming from. From that perspective he reminds me of a poised quarterback who stays in the pocket and picks you apart.

Agree, and on this level it will take some time. Way back when, it took Ken Stabler 2 or 3 years on the bench before he shined for the Raiders by picking apart opponents. Peyton Manning started his rookie season but had 28 interceptions. So I think patience is proper here, Russell will work his way through his initial season and we'll see the improvement.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Nash didn't come into the league with that ability, he eventually developed that part of his game. I believe the same will happen to D'Angelo as he continues to get game experience, along with drills and training, he will develop different dribble move and stop n go moves that will allow him to be able to read angles and get past defenses,. D'Angelo is still raw you can't expect a finished product in his first preseason game.

People forget Nash was not a good player for years. Cuban let him go after a couple years because he wasn't doing well....he was getting boos from the fans there!

They forget because that is simply not true:

He played six seasons for Dallas, not a couple.

He made two all star teams and two all NBA teams during that time.

His last year with Dallas he was a 14.5 and 8.8 guy with .500 2 point and .400 3's, .590 TS% and a 20.5 PER.

Shot 49% from 2, 41% from 3, with .585 TS%, 19.1 PER, 14.6 points, and 7.2 assists for his career in Dallas.

He was gotten rid of because he turned 30 and Cuban mistakenly assumed he was near the point of decline (Cuban has admitted the mistake).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Why hasn't he entered the dunk contest yet?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell shows flashes but still has plenty of work to do

Quote:
D'Angelo Russell had nowhere to go but up after an unimpressive summer league performance, one in which the promising Los Angeles Lakers' rookie guard tallied nearly twice as many turnovers (26) as assists (16) in five outings.

http://espn.go.com/blog/losangeles-lakers/post/_/id/41863/dangelo-russell-shows-flashes-but-still-has-plenty-of-work-to-do
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

The passing will improve once he understands our offensive system and knows where guys are supposed to be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 223, 224, 225 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next
Page 224 of 2865
Jump to: