OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2313, 2314, 2315 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
If Luke didn't have that BS egalitarian system for the first half of the season, and DLO was given the 33MPG like he did after ASB he could have averaged 18/5/4 on 43/35/80 as a 21 year old.

Imagine what the narrative would be then

You mean, where DAR looked legit as a PG and the Lakers started 10-10 and beat playoff teams?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/russeda01/gamelog/2017

Look at the W/L record as soon as he got injured.

Mike, Russell is a talented player because he is, the record speaks louder about Luke stubborn lineup patterns, something I understand because our early mixed lineups were terrible while the starting lineups and the reserves had positive net ratting and also the lack of a legit sub able to make that starting lineup of Young, Deng, Julius and Mozgov work together, Calderon and Huertas are garbage. It was early season and we were clearly beating teams better than us. It became clear when Russell came back, but we couldn't keep winning at .50 rate. Later in the season with the acquisitions of Nwaba, Ennis and Brewer those guys on pure effort could keep us in the games and we could even win a few games at the end of the season without Russell. Tox was able to bring numbers about how poorly Deng played without Dlo. Clarkson is present in 66% of our lineups with a positive net ratting this season, but he didn't work with the starters neither did Calderon.

Russell is a good player, no question about that. The 10-10 record is not what is telling it, but his good performances with solid averages for someone his age. WS can be a useless stat comparing players from different teams, but it can help understanding the impact of players on the same team and it shows Russell was helping us.

The BS egalitarian had a lot to do with the mixed lineups not clicking, each lineup were doing well alone there is no need to nitpick the playing time from one individual player while the results were good. With the new acquisitions Luke could find ways to make the team click with a myriad of lineups and could give more time to players viewed as our top assets still competing. We don't have the talent to win much more than we did.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Kendall Marshall => Derek Fisher => Tyler Ennis => Eddie Jones

PROGRESS!!

We've come a long way.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Didn't someone bring Elden Campbell's name ?
Think this was between Fisher and Ennis...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
If Luke didn't have that BS egalitarian system for the first half of the season, and DLO was given the 33MPG like he did after ASB he could have averaged 18/5/4 on 43/35/80 as a 21 year old.

Imagine what the narrative would be then

You mean, where DAR looked legit as a PG and the Lakers started 10-10 and beat playoff teams?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/russeda01/gamelog/2017

Look at the W/L record as soon as he got injured.

Mike, Russell is a talented player because he is, the record speaks louder about Luke stubborn lineup patterns, something I understand because our early mixed lineups were terrible while the starting lineups and the reserves had positive net ratting and also the lack of a legit sub able to make that starting lineup of Young, Deng, Julius and Mozgov work together, Calderon and Huertas are garbage. It was early season and we were clearly beating teams better than us. It became clear when Russell came back, but we couldn't keep winning at .50 rate. Later in the season with the acquisitions of Nwaba, Ennis and Brewer those guys on pure effort could keep us in the games and we could even win a few games at the end of the season without Russell. Tox was able to bring numbers about how poorly Deng played without Dlo. Clarkson is present in 66% of our lineups with a positive net ratting this season, but he didn't work with the starters neither did Calderon.

Russell is a good player, no question about that. The 10-10 record is not what is telling it, but his good performances with solid averages for someone his age. WS can be a useless stat comparing players from different teams, but it can help understanding the impact of players on the same team and it shows Russell was helping us.

The BS egalitarian had a lot to do with the mixed lineups not clicking, each lineup were doing well alone there is no need to nitpick the playing time from one individual player while the results were good. With the new acquisitions Luke could find ways to make the team click with a myriad of lineups and could give more time to players viewed as our top assets still competing. We don't have the talent to win much more than we did.

Even when Russell came back, he still wasn't 100%, which is why he missed games after he came back the first time.

He didn't look like himself until late February/March.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Even when Russell came back, he still wasn't 100%, which is why he missed games after he came back the first time.

Just like last season when he came back tearing it after the all star break fading a bit at the end of the season.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Kendall Marshall => Derek Fisher => Tyler Ennis => Eddie Jones

PROGRESS!!

Don't forget Norman Powell
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Just like last season when he came back tearing it after the all star break fading a bit at the end of the season.

pretty darn obvious at this point you don't criticize Russell cause you "care."

Perhaps it would potentially be best if you just avoided this thread altogether at this point.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

pretty darn obvious at this point you don't criticize Russell cause you "care."

Perhaps it would potentially be best if you just avoided this thread altogether at this point.

It is a matter of maturity to understand that players have strengths and flaws and we should be able to discuss both. The kid is a good player, what is the point here?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

Maybe we should have two threads for Laker personnel. One where you only say nice things. The other where you're allowed to offer critiques. smh
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Maybe we should have two threads for Laker personnel. One where you only say nice things. The other where you're allowed to offer critiques. smh

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=175817
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

We actually need 3 threads. One for nice things, one for critiques, and one for the the type of nonsense that makes up about 90% of this thread.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

P&M is not the same as criticizing specific points of a player you think makes your team better

Dlo is one of our best players, no question about that.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Truly sad that it has come to this.. One would think we were teenagers, with adult intellect accompanied with raging adolescent emotions.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
The Logo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

P&M is not the same as criticizing specific points of a player you think makes your team better

Agreed. Look at John Wall of Wizards. He has been focusing on setting up the team before he finally showcases his scoring skills. It's a different approach as compare to other great PG like Rose and Lilard. I think Dlo is following Wall's method by developing himself in setting up team offense first. The shooting touch is there. I have reason to question his scoring potential.

Hope Ingram can fill a role like Beal and form the skeleton wiith Dlo of us.
Comparing with Wizards duo:

Wall: set up offense, defense and score at big time
Beal: score, defense, and set up offense sometimes

Dlo: set up offense, score and defense
Ingram: score, defense and set up offense something

Conditioning wise, our duo are still very weak.
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
nash wrote:
The Logo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Agreed. Look at John Wall of Wizards. He has been focusing on setting up the team before he finally showcases his scoring skills. It's a different approach as compare to other great PG like Rose and Lilard. I think Dlo is following Wall's method by developing himself in setting up team offense first. The shooting touch is there. I have reason to question his scoring potential.

I personally don't see ingram as "beal". we need another SG prospect to fill that role -- a 3 and D marksman. terrance ferguson from this draft would be that type of player.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
Sina wrote:
nash wrote:
The Logo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I personally don't see ingram as "beal". we need another SG prospect to fill that role -- a 3 and D marksman. terrance ferguson from this draft would be that type of player.

I see dlo as beal we need a wall
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
a 3 and D marksman. terrance ferguson from this draft would be that type of player.

A 31.3% 3pt shooter?
38.7%FG?

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Terrance-Ferguson/Summary/52037

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Yeah I'm concerned with how Ball's game will translate to the NBA and his stroke, not pretty. If he is successfully I'd rather have him paired with DLO. They'd be a crafty team. We know what we have with DLO asks he can only improve. He's sneaky and I like it.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
nash wrote:
The Logo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

DLo is not as dynamic as Wall. He lack the athleticism and the footspeed to be that player. His scoring will be heavy reliant on whether his shots are falling. DLo can run the offense though from the pick and roll and post. He also can be a good team versatile defender with his size and good length. He's more of flashy version of Jalen Rose.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Yeah I'm concerned with how Ball's game will translate to the NBA and his stroke, not pretty. If he is successfully I'd rather have him paired with DLO. They'd be a crafty team. We know what we have with DLO asks he can only improve. He's sneaky and I like it.

His strength translate well to the NBA.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

His strength translate well to the NBA.
I disagree.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

This dude REALLY called Drifts a realist
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

Lol at him calling out others when he was the biggest fanboy himself. Dude wanted JC to get 60 M+ contract. How's that even in the best interest of Lakers? I bet all the "DLo fanboys" would rather have him on rookie contract as long as we could and build a good team.

Dude just got mad that posters could tell whatever they wanted about his boy and he was not given the same freedom about theirs.

He crossed the line with the last post, it was personal.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Why bump that, LilJay? It's like some of you guys want the BS and drama. I just wanna talk about D'Angelo Russell in a somewhat reasonable fashion, which I realize is next to impossible.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Lol at him calling out others when he was the biggest fanboy himself. Dude wanted JC to get 60 M+ contract. How's that even in the best interest of Lakers? I bet all the "DLo fanboys" would rather have him on rookie contract as long as we could and build a good team.

Dude just got mad that posters could tell whatever they wanted about his boy and he was not given the same freedom about theirs.

He crossed the line with the last post, it was personal.

It's funny how the guys that are notorious for being stank in this thread all support each other.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2313, 2314, 2315 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 2314 of 2873
Jump to: