OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
I think the lack of creating his own offense will keep him from being a superstar. All-Star level player is his ceiling.

I'm not predicting super star status, but think of what you're saying. Now ask yourself, how often does CP3 operate without using a screen to get started? Not very often in L.A., and not very often in New Orleans. Is he a superstar?

I think Russell more athletic than CP3 and Paul never had great athleticism but he he still a great player and arguebly best PG today.

The guy who was of the quickest in his draft class next to Ray Felton and Deron Williams with a 40" vert never had great athleticism?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
I think the lack of creating his own offense will keep him from being a superstar. All-Star level player is his ceiling.

I'm not predicting super star status, but think of what you're saying. Now ask yourself, how often does CP3 operate without using a screen to get started? Not very often in L.A., and not very often in New Orleans. Is he a superstar?

I think Russell more athletic than CP3 and Paul never had great athleticism but he he still a great player and arguebly best PG today.
I'm just trying to get peple to see that Russell being a great player doesn't have to be done alone. CP3 has made a living using screens to get his mid range shot, to get his big men dunks, and if defenders don't play it right, he finds wide open 3 pt shooters. When that doesn't work, he shoots a deadly mid range shot.

I fail to see what CP3 does that Russell can't/won't do with consistency as he develops.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

The guy who was of the quickest in his draft class next to Ray Felton and Deron Williams with a 40" vert never had great athleticism?

Chris Paul had 40 vert? I've never heard that you have link to his pre draft combine numbers?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Chris Paul had 40 vert? I've never heard that you have link to his pre draft combine numbers?

DX has his max vert at 38.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chris-Paul-14/links/
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Btw, Russell's max vert is 39.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

That's interesting I guess forget how athletic younger Paul was.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Btw, Russell's max vert is 39.

I think you see this part of Russell's repertoire when he's rebounding. He grabbed one board yesterday where he got unexpectedly high. The thing about a max vert is that you get a running start, and max speed isn't really how he plays on offense.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

I think some people cant tell the difference between playing using brains and skill vs having to rely on athleticism. CP3 was a supreme athlete for his size in his younger says. Its what I keep trying to tell people about Russell. He is a good athlete. He just doesnt have to rely on it because hes so instinctive when it comes to playing.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

he plays at a trot. under control. the way some people talk about his "lack of athleticism", you'd think he was a cripple.
shotclock24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

it's so (bleep) beautiful: https://vine.co/v/eEWl5JQhPE3

the ball floats for a fleeting second at the apex of his arc before splashing through the nylon like an olympic diver... made me shed a single tear at work.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Russell plays smooth like Clyde the glyde Walt Frazier. Some guys do things without a lot of hoopla, and that is what I see in Russell.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

so russell has a 39" vertical? He could be dunking left and right with his height.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

shotclock24 wrote:

the ball floats for a fleeting second at the apex of his arc before splashing through the nylon like an olympic diver... made me shed a single tear at work.

What is Russell doing on vine? Why isn't he in the gym working on his jumpshot?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

For those worried about not having a distributor in the 2nd unit, that's what Huertas is there for.

Need to develop the Russell, Randle, Clarkson chemistry. Lou and Nick will still get good looks from Marcelo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
shotclock24 wrote:

I laugh at this every time
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
shotclock24 wrote:

I laugh at this every time

It's the new "has to be careful" and "it's actually kinda easy" meme here.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

To me, one of Russell's best passes was an almost full court pass to Black which Black fumbled.

Anyone know where I can get a highlight of that pass?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Two things... hard to remember Ray Felton ever being a quick guard. Secondly... speaking of Ray Felton... trade with Dallas... Felton for Nick Young.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Two things... hard to remember Ray Felton ever being a quick guard. Secondly... speaking of Ray Felton... trade with Dallas... Felton for Nick Young.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather keep Young than do that deal.

At least Young is alive to play...and isn't fat.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather keep Young than do that deal.

At least Young is alive to play...and isn't fat.

Young is playing well, I'd rather keep him too.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I think i have never seen young miss that mid range jumper at the corner of the FT line when hes coming off a pick by the baseline. This guy has MAJOR talent. Too bad he never cared enough.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
I think i have never seen young miss that mid range jumper at the corner of the FT line when hes coming off a pick by the baseline. This guy has MAJOR talent. Too bad he never cared enough.

Yeah, one thing I noted is that when Young comes off a curl or screen, he's getting the ball in the right place and time vs last year (either not at all or too late usually), leading to a smooth catch and shoot.

Young is a very good catch and shoot guy, and the more of those he gets and the less, "here, take the ball and get yourself a shot" touches, the better.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:

He wasn't always pudgy, especially out of UNC.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
watchME wrote:

Yeah, one thing I noted is that when Young comes off a curl or screen, he's getting the ball in the right place and time vs last year (either not at all or too late usually), leading to a smooth catch and shoot.

Young is a very good catch and shoot guy, and the more of those he gets and the less, "here, take the ball and get yourself a shot" touches, the better.

Yeah but good luck telling Young to basically never dribble again.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
watchME wrote:

Yeah but good luck telling Young to basically never dribble again.

I know you're joking, but sometimes it's oK for him to attack off the dribble.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next
Page 236 of 2865
Jump to: