OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2361, 2362, 2363 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
I believe the gossip site that released the tape even said someone gave them the tape and they implied it's someone Dlo knows. It's obvious he didn't leak it because he gains nothing from doing that. It was just a continuous joke between the guys. Dlo even said at the end of it, I got it all on tape, jokingly.

I'm part of the young social media generation and I can tell you plenty of people annoyingly tape one another during a stupid convo or doing something dumb while hanging out. It's all intedend as a joke and never malicious (even though it can get annoying).

However, he's responsible for what happened, so he isn't a victim in the situation.

I thought he had a good season last year, but to quiet everyone down he needs to really breakthrough this season. 20 ppg would simply do it since unfortunately ppg is what everyone looks at first.

I think he can get there.

I thought that was obvious.
But reading the last page, I guess not heh.
In the words of Bill Hack: It's always funny until someone gets hurt.

Back to the Russell peak talk.
You can't tell if someone's peaked until you see digression the following years. History would suggest he hasn't peaked.

I'm more interested to see if he has some fight in him. After hearing Magic say only Ingram is untouchable, does that bring out the dog in him? With the way he's working on his body, and one would assume on his game as well, I'm hoping for a strong year 3. Strong!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

Wonder how TMac took being told he had peaked after his 2nd year. Oh wait, not well.

TMac knows better than anyone what it's like to be overlooked, you think he'd be smarter than that. But they're just pushing the narrative.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Wonder how TMac took being told he had peaked after his 2nd year. Oh wait, not well.

TMac knows better than anyone what it's like to be overlooked, you think he'd be smarter than that. But they're just pushing the narrative.

Would the lack of showing athleticism in game be the reason why people aren't as high on DLO? Similar to why people didn't know Harden would be this good down the line?

Side: Can we not make this a DLO vs TMac career-wise? TMac was pretty awesome. Who knows what would have happen if his back held up. And if Grant Hill's ankle's help up. Or if Yao Ming's back held up.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

Freudian slip. Maybe Paul was just excited about the Twin Peaks return.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Don't know if this was already mentioned, but on the jump when they were talking about Magic's untouchable comment, Pierce and Tmac agreed that Russell topped out as a pro last season .

Dude played most of the year as a 20-year old learning a new system with a bunch of new teammates and new coaches. The hate is crazy y'all.

Never seen anything like it.

At least we get to enjoy those golden years
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

The cell phone incident is old news, lord knows I had my fun with it when it happened. I'd rather we not bring up again. BSPN has simply found its new whipping boy in D'Angelo now that Kobe is retired. Byron works there, they're all gonna take Byron's side and follow whatever narrative he spews to them.

One thing I will say tho is it's up to D'Angelo to change the narrative, no more sulking when things happen to not go his way, just go out there and play hard every night, that would shut the haters up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Dlo changed the narrative by averaging near 20 points post all-star break and dropping 40 on the defending champion Cavaliers and Kyrie Irving touting him with glory after the game and hitting the game winner vs the Timberwolves on the eve of his Grandmother's death.

BSPN just decides to keep hammering it home as if those things never happened.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Some D'Angelo Russell post play

https://streamable.com/1tljr
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Some D'Angelo Russell post play

https://streamable.com/1tljr

Nasty. Putting in that Kobe work.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Don't know if this was already mentioned, but on the jump when they were talking about Magic's untouchable comment, Pierce and Tmac agreed that Russell topped out as a pro last season .

Dude played most of the year as a 20-year old learning a new system with a bunch of new teammates and new coaches. The hate is crazy y'all.

At least we get to enjoy those golden years

The D'Angelo Farewell Tour might be hard to watch this season though. Hope he's still got it
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo will make all these fools eat their words.. just watch.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I mean, I love DLO but he's kind of right. DLO isn't a world class athlete who can develop his game, he's a good athlete who can work on his body and shooting. His upside isn't Giannis level, doesn't have the physical tools...that's what they are trying to say.

DLOs ceiling is ginobli, which is awesome...possible HOF guy, good shooter/awesome passer/average athelticism. Nothing wrong with that.

You don't have to be a world class athlete to continue to develop your game, I don't understand why I see this so much.

Mike Conley peaked when he was 21 #facts
Paul Pierce peaked when he was 21 #facts
Chauncey Billups peaked when he was 21 #facts
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

paul pierce is talking about someone else's athleticism? that dude was faster in the wheelchair than he was standing up.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I am totally convinced it's the dunk.
Eye test is above all existing metrics, evaluation tools for these guys.

I know I'm preaching to a choir but Goddamm.
How can 21 year old 2nd year prospect who is trying to learn the most
difficult position in bball top out? I mean you gotta consider that he wasn't learning anything by running B.Scott's man up offense in his first year too!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
paul pierce is talking about someone else's athleticism? that dude was faster in the wheelchair than he was standing up.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:

Yeah Pierce played most of his career with B-cups. He should know better.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject:

Dlo is our best player right now. He needs to improve his condition and strength to carry this team.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

Yeah Pierce played most of his career with B-cups. He should know better.

lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
As for Russell having peaked, or being is what he is, people with common sense no that's not the case. If they do stay Ball, Russell may finally get the chance to concentrate on scoring, and make some nice passes out of that. That will change the narrative some. I don't know why this organization thought he was some type of distributing, Jason Kidd style pg. I could have saved them some trouble.

I think that Russell thinks that also. I don't think that Luke was forcing him to be a true PG, I saw a lot of interviews when he said Russel is at best when he is aggressive and trying to score. Looks to me like that is probably a narrative he grew up with more that it was imposed by the Lakers..
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

You really think it's hate? Two Hall of Fame caliber players making a basketball assessment that they believe is correct, or they have some hidden agenda in which they are trying to destroy his reputation for some gain to them? Only thing that would make sense is that these guys are all f*king around and don't like people that could expose their hidden lifestyle?

Yes, I think the notion that a 20-21 year old has peaked...pretty much any 20-21 year old in pretty much anything in life...is driven by ulterior motives.

"Basketball assessment"

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at wheelchair and Steve Harvey pants saying DLo has already peaked:
Two personal opinons:

1. From experience, Tmac may be one of the NBA's best experts on players who peaked early and never reached their true potential. It is sad that he is projecting his own personal experience on another young young player.

2. Russell hate continues from "Cell phone-gate".

SI article on Tmac's career--pretty sad in places. I think this article puts a good context on Tmac's comments.

I mean, I love DLO but he's kind of right. DLO isn't a world class athlete who can develop his game, he's a good athlete who can work on his body and shooting. His upside isn't Giannis level, doesn't have the physical tools...that's what they are trying to say.

DLOs ceiling is ginobli, which is awesome...possible HOF guy, good shooter/awesome passer/average athelticism. Nothing wrong with that.

Ginobili was a slasher, very good athlete able to dunk on anyone. Folks remember this old version, but Manu's game in the old days had not to do with the way Dlo plays it he was kinda Kobe lite.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

You really think it's hate? Two Hall of Fame caliber players making a basketball assessment that they believe is correct, or they have some hidden agenda in which they are trying to destroy his reputation for some gain to them? Only thing that would make sense is that these guys are all f*king around and don't like people that could expose their hidden lifestyle?

Yes, I think the notion that a 20-21 year old has peaked...pretty much any 20-21 year old in pretty much anything in life...is driven by ulterior motives.

"Basketball assessment"

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at wheelchair and Steve Harvey pants saying DLo has already peaked:
Two personal opinons:

1. From experience, Tmac may be one of the NBA's best experts on players who peaked early and never reached their true potential. It is sad that he is projecting his own personal experience on another young young player.

2. Russell hate continues from "Cell phone-gate".

SI article on Tmac's career--pretty sad in places. I think this article puts a good context on Tmac's comments.

Ginobili was a slasher, very good athlete able to dunk on anyone. Folks remember this old version, but Manu's game in the old days had not to do with the way Dlo plays it he was kinda Kobe lite.

DLo's offensive game should be modeled after Steph with more post up since he's bigger
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
As for Russell having peaked, or being is what he is, people with common sense no that's not the case. If they do stay Ball, Russell may finally get the chance to concentrate on scoring, and make some nice passes out of that. That will change the narrative some. I don't know why this organization thought he was some type of distributing, Jason Kidd style pg. I could have saved them some trouble.

I came across a few Curry comparisons, but I don't remember any Jason Kidd comparisons. He had vision like Magic, but no one said he played like Magic.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

Russell piqued at age 21. That's what I heard Paul Pierce say.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Sun May 28, 2017 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
beastlybp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Russell piqued at age 21. That's what I heard Paul Pierce say.

Next tyreke evans lmao
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

Hahaha. Pierce is being lauded in one thread and bashed in another.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2361, 2362, 2363 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next
Page 2362 of 2865
Jump to: