OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL THREAD....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2393, 2394, 2395 ... 2435, 2436, 2437  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34236

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Russell shot 38% on pullup 3s after the ASB. I think his catch & shoot percentage, especially if he has Lonzo getting him the ball, will improve naturally. If he can consistently shoot ~36-38% on pullup 3s, he'll have a breakout year next year IMO.

When he was roasting teams in preseason with pullup 3s (granted they soft hedging on him for some reason) he was looking like a bonafide star. Maybe even a future superstar.

I really hope he's been working on these.


His jumper was like wack-a-mole. Money on catch & shoots, struggling on pull-ups prior to the break, and vice versa afterward. It's there, he just needs to put it all together.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 12864

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLO w/Ball, discussed ad naseum.

DLO w/Jax, a little rougher, b/c Ingram/Jules/Jax will be a terrible shooting trio in 2017-18 (maybe they improve over time). However, Jax would help defensively and also has ball handling skills.

I think the D'Lonzo pairing is better, but there are some things Jax can bring too.


Thank you Miss Cleo


I dont know why that cracked me up. Hahaha.
I bet half the folks here don't know who she is.


cause we are not as old as ?

Stephan. Jack Stephan.


We're in the White Pages.


Yellow, my friend. Yellow Pages.
_________________
2 stooges gone, 1 to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 4524

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLO w/Ball, discussed ad naseum.

DLO w/Jax, a little rougher, b/c Ingram/Jules/Jax will be a terrible shooting trio in 2017-18 (maybe they improve over time). However, Jax would help defensively and also has ball handling skills.

I think the D'Lonzo pairing is better, but there are some things Jax can bring too.


Thank you Miss Cleo


I dont know why that cracked me up. Hahaha.
I bet half the folks here don't know who she is.


cause we are not as old as ?

Stephan. Jack Stephan.


We're in the White Pages.


Yellow, my friend. Yellow Pages.


That doesn't sound right.
_________________
Welcome, Lonzo!

Kuuuuuz!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19628

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
DLo's exit interview. Just listen to the first 15 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6FVXFZ_oII


Points of emphasis by Lakers:
1. Leadership
2. Consistency
3. Changing body

He's done #3! Numbers 2 and 1 coming?


I'd say #3 is a work in progress. It doesn't happen that fast. Hopefully we see a difference in November.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19628

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

*double*
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest


Last edited by oldschool32 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
av3773 wrote:
Ball is going to help lift the cloud over d lo, by making him one of the most promising young scorers.....I think the ask and expectations were a bit to high for d lo...but when Ball is helping D lo put up strong consistent scoring numbers he's going to get a lot of love


Agreed. The expectations for a 19 year old were way high. Wall, Harden, Curry ect, it took those guys years to break out.

If DLO works hard, he can be up there with those guys.


I think DLO would have had a breakout year this coming year on his own. However, I also believe that playing next to a player like Ball will be an advantage.

Think about this: the other guards he's had to play next to the last couple of years: Kobe, JC, Nick Young, Lou.

What do those guys have in common? And what do those guys lack that Ball has?

Hold on gimme a minute...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10487

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Russell shot 38% on pullup 3s after the ASB. I think his catch & shoot percentage, especially if he has Lonzo getting him the ball, will improve naturally. If he can consistently shoot ~36-38% on pullup 3s, he'll have a breakout year next year IMO.

When he was roasting teams in preseason with pullup 3s (granted they soft hedging on him for some reason) he was looking like a bonafide star. Maybe even a future superstar.

I really hope he's been working on these.


His jumper was like wack-a-mole. Money on catch & shoots, struggling on pull-ups prior to the break, and vice versa afterward. It's there, he just needs to put it all together.

Yeah.
Pull up: 30%->38%
C&S: 41%->32.5%

I don't know how that even happens.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6243
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Russell shot 38% on pullup 3s after the ASB. I think his catch & shoot percentage, especially if he has Lonzo getting him the ball, will improve naturally. If he can consistently shoot ~36-38% on pullup 3s, he'll have a breakout year next year IMO.

When he was roasting teams in preseason with pullup 3s (granted they soft hedging on him for some reason) he was looking like a bonafide star. Maybe even a future superstar.

I really hope he's been working on these.


His jumper was like wack-a-mole. Money on catch & shoots, struggling on pull-ups prior to the break, and vice versa afterward. It's there, he just needs to put it all together.

Yeah.
Pull up: 30%->38%
C&S: 41%->32.5%

I don't know how that even happens.


It's the JC effect. Freedom to create your own (Pull up goes up.) Passes from JC (C&S goes down)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10487

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Russell shot 38% on pullup 3s after the ASB. I think his catch & shoot percentage, especially if he has Lonzo getting him the ball, will improve naturally. If he can consistently shoot ~36-38% on pullup 3s, he'll have a breakout year next year IMO.

When he was roasting teams in preseason with pullup 3s (granted they soft hedging on him for some reason) he was looking like a bonafide star. Maybe even a future superstar.

I really hope he's been working on these.


His jumper was like wack-a-mole. Money on catch & shoots, struggling on pull-ups prior to the break, and vice versa afterward. It's there, he just needs to put it all together.

Yeah.
Pull up: 30%->38%
C&S: 41%->32.5%

I don't know how that even happens.


It's the JC effect. Freedom to create your own (Pull up goes up.) Passes from JC (C&S goes down)

I don't know that JC had anything to do with his pull up percentage, but given what he did to Deng's percentages, that's a really good hypothesis about C&S. Kudos. Russell, post-ASB, shot 38.5% from 3 without Clarkson. With Clarkson, he shot 34.8%. Sadly I can't get the splits and see if Russell's C&S percentage specifically dropped next to Clarkson.... but it does make a whole lot of sense.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6243
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Luke told Russell he needed to be aggressive with JC being the one that needs to babysit the offense. Thinking shot first even though he was still bringing the ball up a lot = pull up percentage improves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10487

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Luke told Russell he needed to be aggressive with JC being the one that needs to babysit the offense. Thinking shot first even though he was still bringing the ball up a lot = pull up percentage improves.
Yeah, I don't know if I'd attribute that to JC, but it is possible that Russell's increased leash in shooting pull up 3s helped his percentage. But part of me thinks it's just a statistical anomaly... whereas with his C&S I think it might (emphasis on might: too lazy to do a proper hypothesis test) actually be a statistically significant difference between pre and post-ASB.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5080

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLO w/Ball, discussed ad naseum.

DLO w/Jax, a little rougher, b/c Ingram/Jules/Jax will be a terrible shooting trio in 2017-18 (maybe they improve over time). However, Jax would help defensively and also has ball handling skills.

I think the D'Lonzo pairing is better, but there are some things Jax can bring too.


Thank you Miss Cleo


I dont know why that cracked me up. Hahaha.
I bet half the folks here don't know who she is.


cause we are not as old as ?

Stephan. Jack Stephan.


We're in the White Pages.




For this wonderful trip down memory lane, I'd like to offer you the all new Ginsu 17. Cuts tiles, cuts eggs...and look what it does for pizza!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 12864

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLO w/Ball, discussed ad naseum.

DLO w/Jax, a little rougher, b/c Ingram/Jules/Jax will be a terrible shooting trio in 2017-18 (maybe they improve over time). However, Jax would help defensively and also has ball handling skills.

I think the D'Lonzo pairing is better, but there are some things Jax can bring too.


Thank you Miss Cleo


I dont know why that cracked me up. Hahaha.
I bet half the folks here don't know who she is.


cause we are not as old as ?

Stephan. Jack Stephan.


We're in the White Pages.


Yellow, my friend. Yellow Pages.


That doesn't sound right.



Yellow pages were for commercial listings such as businesses.
The White pages were for non-commercial listings such as residential homes.

Adee Doo!
_________________
2 stooges gone, 1 to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 3974

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/QlgSPxSbj6I

Idk if this has been posted but the kid is maturing quickly. He interviews A lot better now and he has a very good understanding of the game, especially why it was so difficult for him to be consistent this year. The linupes did change a lot.

Also impressive that he just started playing point guard as a senior in high school (he was only a part time point at Ohio st).

This kid is gonna be great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10487

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/QlgSPxSbj6I

Idk if this has been posted but the kid is maturing quickly. He interviews A lot better now and he has a very good understanding of the game, especially why it was so difficult for him to be consistent this year. The linupes did change a lot.

Also impressive that he just started playing point guard as a senior in high school (he was only a part time point at Ohio st).

This kid is gonna be great.


would be cool if we could hear anything
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10487

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Was actually not a bad interview though
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78160
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Dlo doesn't Mic right. Trade him.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 7981
Location: It's Summer League!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dlo doesn't Mic right. Trade him.


That's basically what the Youtube comments are saying, without irony.
_________________
The Professional Scorer - Lou Williams

LFR - The Long Road Toward a Respectable Laker Defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 4786

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Russell shot 38% on pullup 3s after the ASB. I think his catch & shoot percentage, especially if he has Lonzo getting him the ball, will improve naturally. If he can consistently shoot ~36-38% on pullup 3s, he'll have a breakout year next year IMO.

When he was roasting teams in preseason with pullup 3s (granted they soft hedging on him for some reason) he was looking like a bonafide star. Maybe even a future superstar.

I really hope he's been working on these.
he also shot a much higher percentage on corner threes than non-corner threes. He shot 45% on corner threes. Unfortunately, only 13% of his three point attempts were corner threes. Comparatively, 26% of Nick Young's three point attempts were corner threes (he nade 41% of his corner threes). He attempted more than twice as many corner threes as Russell.

If Russell is moved more off ball with the addition of Lonzo, hopefully we see him attempt around 25% of his threes from the corner as well. That alone would give him a nice little boost in three point percentage. If the shooting percentages on the different shots stayed the same but you changed the distribution of corner three attempts from 13% to 25%, that pushes his three point percentage from 35% to 37%, which is not a trivial increase. Luke and company need to find a way to get him as many corner three point attempts as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78160
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dlo doesn't Mic right. Trade him.


That's basically what the Youtube comments are saying, without irony.


After years here, I speak fluent nimrod.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 7981
Location: It's Summer League!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dlo doesn't Mic right. Trade him.


That's basically what the Youtube comments are saying, without irony.


After years here, I speak fluent nimrod.


_________________
The Professional Scorer - Lou Williams

LFR - The Long Road Toward a Respectable Laker Defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 4524

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLO w/Ball, discussed ad naseum.

DLO w/Jax, a little rougher, b/c Ingram/Jules/Jax will be a terrible shooting trio in 2017-18 (maybe they improve over time). However, Jax would help defensively and also has ball handling skills.

I think the D'Lonzo pairing is better, but there are some things Jax can bring too.


Thank you Miss Cleo


I dont know why that cracked me up. Hahaha.
I bet half the folks here don't know who she is.


cause we are not as old as ?

Stephan. Jack Stephan.


We're in the White Pages.


Yellow, my friend. Yellow Pages.


That doesn't sound right.



Yellow pages were for commercial listings such as businesses.
The White pages were for non-commercial listings such as residential homes.

Adee Doo!


True. True. But he said white. I'm positive of this.
_________________
Welcome, Lonzo!

Kuuuuuz!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 4524

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dlo doesn't Mic right. Trade him.


_________________
Welcome, Lonzo!

Kuuuuuz!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 11158

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

That time D'Angelo Russell bailed the Lakers out in 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQKTLwh-WU8

#Ice
_________________
"You can't scream TANK all year and then cry when free agents don't want to sit down with you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 12864

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
That time D'Angelo Russell bailed the Lakers out in 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQKTLwh-WU8

#Ice


Was DLo even alive in 2004?
_________________
2 stooges gone, 1 to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2393, 2394, 2395 ... 2435, 2436, 2437  Next
Page 2394 of 2437
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB