OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2423, 2424, 2425 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
If Kuzma ends up not much worse prospect that DLo... I'm good

good luck with that
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
governator wrote:
If Kuzma ends up not much worse prospect that DLo... I'm good

good luck with that

Hey, tox, how are you with NBAwowy? I was curious what effect DLo might have had on his teammates' TS% last season, and you seemed the obvious man to ask.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Working out at random times doesn't mean you have a strong work ethic...

"2am"

ummm dudes prob jetlagged AF.. thats 11am la time *sunglasses*, not impressed.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXTa-voB6iA

"Baby, you send me...

Set adrift on memory bliss

Ahahah..."
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Working out at random times doesn't mean you have a strong work ethic...

"2am"

ummm dudes prob jetlagged AF.. thats 11am la time *sunglasses*, not impressed.

Getting jetlagged through a 3 hour time difference is not a thing, especially when you've been accustomed to traveling back and forth from the West to East coast for the past two years.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

Did Russell just become Wally Pipp?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

One thing about Ball, I'll say he has a better motor than what I saw from Russell.
Don't know about how long it will stay with Russell, as he's young and could improve it.
The motor always bothered me a little because he was the point guard and needed to set the tone as the engine.

If there's one thing that I believe did Russell in, it was his lack of a consistent motor.

With a little bit of a fire lit up his behind now that he was dumped by the Lakers, to the Nets, I think the Nets will get a very improved version of Russell (motor wise). That's going to be a damn good player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
One thing about Ball, I'll say he has a better motor than what I saw from Russell.
Don't know about how long it will stay with Russell, as he's young and could improve it.
The motor always bothered me a little because he was the point guard and needed to set the tone as the engine.

If there's one thing that I believe did Russell in, it was his lack of a consistent motor.

With a little bit of a fire lit up his behind now that he was dumped by the Lakers, to the Nets, I think the Nets will get a very improved version of Russell (motor wise). That's going to be a damn good player.

Good point.

It'll be interesting to see if the same issue affects Fultz, though he'll be in an easier situation as a rookie than Russell with Simmons providing a little of Ball's ability to push pace.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Agree on the motor thing. I love me some D'Lo but he could be too methodical at times instead of attacking the defense.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=20006566

Luke interview, 6:57 he talks about D'angelo
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

@MarkG_Medina

Magic said 5 teams had made trade offers that included D'Angelo. Magic said he waited until he got a deal he liked, which was w/ Nets

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/887494385268424704
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
@MarkG_Medina

Magic said 5 teams had made trade offers that included D'Angelo. Magic said he waited until he got a deal he liked, which was w/ Nets

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/887494385268424704

would love to hear the offers they got
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F133ASeGNKs

Damn 2K did DLO dirty.

Booker at 86 is insanely high imo. He's an 83-84 at most. Derozen sounds about right.

But it's ok guys. We only traded an 80 overall and got back a 85 overall Center with a 70s+ rookie (Kuzma).

We did good.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Damn 2K did DLO dirty.

Booker at 86 is insanely high imo. He's an 83-84 at most. Derozen sounds about right.

But it's ok guys. We only traded an 80 overall and got back a 85 overall Center with a 70s+ rookie (Kuzma).

We did good.

And dumped Mozgov. After seeing Butler and PG trades, we got pretty good return for DLo especially 'cos of Kuzma.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to feel sorry for DLO, damn.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Damn 2K did DLO dirty.

We did good.

Just adding more ammunition for DLO next season.

If he doesn't have his best season yet next year, he probably never will.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Damn 2K did DLO dirty.

We did good.

Just adding more ammunition for DLO next season.

If he doesn't have his best season yet next year, he probably never will.

It's a big year for Russell. He needs to start showing some consistency with his shot, because that is what his game is based on.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

http://lakersindex.com/dangelo-russell-on-two-seasons-with-lakers-trade-to-nets/
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
http://lakersindex.com/dangelo-russell-on-two-seasons-with-lakers-trade-to-nets/

Nothing was revealed by this article since he never says anything that interesting.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Damn 2K did DLO dirty.

We did good.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, he got 79 last year
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/dangelo-russell-challenge/#qMHsBJpivW50pOoo.97
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Listening to his interview with Woj right now. I guess I can't blame him for it since he may have gotten a raw deal here (depending on who you believe), but there still seems to be a lot of resentment on his end towards the Lakers - sour grapes. He referred to Lonzo as "the kid, that guy" and implied the Lakers FO doesn't have as good of a relationship with the players as other teams, and singled out the Nets as one example. That's certainly a dubious claim given everything we've seen so far with Magic and Rob working closely with the kids since Day 1, even being there on the practice floor pretty often.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: D'Angelo Russell opens up about his experiences with Lakers (Woj)

https://art19.com/shows/thewojpod/episodes/a6c77881-094f-4fee-9adb-9f61fc636459

Woj interviews Dlo about the Lakers!

Thanks for the recap:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
@wojespn

Brooklyn guard D'Angelo Russell joins The Woj Pod: What he's found with the Nets, Lakers years and exit. Art19: bit.ly/2eNkRb3

Recap about the Lakers (paraphrasing):

Q: Is it different still living in LA but no longer a Laker?

DLO: "Very different. Not a lot of negative energy, but still a lot of chatter wherever I go. LA fans are great. But I don't do too much, I just stay in my house until I move out soon. Just chillin'."

Q: How was Summer League in Vegas now to when he was drafted, and all the talk about Lonzo Ball?

DLO: "Summer League was cool for me to be around that atmosphere, it was great. But a lot of people made it bigger than what it was with my relationship with that kid (Lonzo) I don't have anything negative about him. He was coming to where I consider home. So of course you're going to feel some type of way about anybody that, but I don't think it wasn't anything on him. People made it bigger than what it was. He was still a professional basketball player and it was fun for us."

Q: What was your initial reaction to being traded?

DLO: "Honestly I put myself in their positions (Lakers front office) that they have to get rid of talent to move contracts, just looking in the mirror I knew it could possibly be me in that position and made that conclusion. But my agent (Aaron Mintz) did a good job and kept me in the loop. Prior it to happening I kind of expected it to happen and just hoped it was a good situation."

Q: What do you know better now than you did back when you were 19 walking in with the Lakers?

DLO: "I understand the business a lot better, for it to happen to me. I've learned every organizations are different. You talk to GM's and coaches from other teams and you see their relationships with some of their players, and you see other organizations that don't have that kind of relationship with their players, you see a lot of guys happy when they get that kind of treatment. Coming into the Lakers, it was what it was. Being traded to Brooklyn and you see what it is, it's something you can't really complain."

Q: How much did you like playing off the ball in the latter part of your Laker season?

DLO: It's easier. I like the ability to do both jobs. But playmaking - that's my strength. Instead of coming across the half court with the ball in my hand, setting up guys, then when the ball comes back making plays... but when you're off the ball as soon as you get the ball, the sooner you can make plays."

Q: How did the 2nd regime (Magic Johnson) view you and how you fit in their vision?"

DLO: "I definitely didn't have a clear picture, they didn't draft me so it's all different. When they say around the league about GM's who didn't draft you that they're ready to get rid of you or use you as a trade tool. I really didn't know. I had a relationship with their GM before Magic. So I never knew. I just kept going everyday with tunnel vision and just working hard."

Q: When the Lakers got the #2 pick this season, you thought what?

DLO: "I didn't know. I didn't know from their mouths who they were targeting. I knew whatever happens, happens for a reason. I didn't really have a blueprint of what they have laid out for me."

Q: DeMarcus Cousins trade talks where your name was being mentioned for the first time, what was that like?"

DLO: "At that time all I heard was my name. You never expect it to happen to you. You see guys get traded all the time. I remember when Lou Williams got traded and I felt really bad because he was my guy, he was the best player in our team. I didn't expect him to get traded. They got this guy who was dominating, we weren't winning games, but he was bringing it every night. His stock was high so I saw that from their perspective. And I see him go to Houston and dominating, he should've won 6th man. Then you see James Harden get traded from Oklahoma and makes his career. So I never once look into being traded as a negative. I just have to make the best out of that too."

Q: How different is the environment between LA and Brooklyn to do your work?

DLO: "Way different. The freedom. In LA it's not like a college, where like in Brooklyn where they run things like a college where you have a schedule laid out, a time, you know what it is. I don't want to downgrade any organization. It's just different. When you're a young player from college you thrive within a structure."

Q: Magic made a comment about your leadership after you were traded, were you surprised?

DLO: "Definitely. I didn't expect it. I didn't know the reason behind it. I'm off your hands, I'm on a new team. I don't understand the comment. I still don't. He's still one of the best PG to ever play the game, and whatever he has to say is something I can run with it, just take it and run with it and make the negative into a positive, make the best thing out of it. I'm not going to go back and forth with Magic. Nothing you can do about it."

Q: Is the scrutiny in LA more different, that you get judged much more than your draft class?

DLO: "I learned right away coming in young that it's magnified. You experience and learn from it. It's all you can do. But I would never go back and changed it. I don't really care either though. I still have a brand I'm still trying to you know... at the end of the day I don't care what people say about me. The feeling is mutual. I just keep my circle small and just work hard."

----

He also talked about learning a lot from Rajon Rondo around his high school days on how to play smart and just carry himself with confidence. Learning a lot from Chris Paul playing him 4 nights a week in the West. Talked about his coach Thad Matta being fired in OSU how he blossomed under him. Woj ends by saying he can tell Dlo his name isn't being mentioned in trades right now (Woj broke the Dlo trade to Brooklyn).

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

This will get interesting.

[exits post].
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2423, 2424, 2425 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2424 of 2856
Jump to: