OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2518, 2519, 2520 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
This thread is quite the read in retrospect. So many Laker fans just mindlessly foaming at the mouth against this kid. So many bad takes. Happy for him that he's doing well.

Im really happy for Lonzo's good game tonight, but seeing all the minutes that the Lakers are giving him despite some of his struggles at times it makes me wonder why we never gave DLO this type of shot.

Really wonder where we could have been.

Also, hoping that his knees dont become a problem.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
His “value” was “low” anyways so maybe it might have been worthwhile to see them together for 2 months?

According to some on here they had to move him because he was a cancer. The front office, coaching staff, and teammates didn't like him according to experts on here.

Unfortunately that's the only one that mattered and they were right. Mozdeng. The Gift that Keeps on Giving.

Couldn't we have just waited until they expired and gone into the 2020 offseason with:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

...and a crapload of cap space?

That seems to have been the Mitch/Jim plan, so we needed to deviate from the plan. Otherwise, why bring in Magic?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Praying for Loading...
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

D'Lo seems to have kind of a low pain tolerance. I'm hoping that was the case here and this isn't serious. I just saw that he hurt his left knee this time. He previously hurt the right one earlier this season.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
His “value” was “low” anyways so maybe it might have been worthwhile to see them together for 2 months?

According to some on here they had to move him because he was a cancer. The front office, coaching staff, and teammates didn't like him according to experts on here.

Unfortunately that's the only one that mattered and they were right. Mozdeng. The Gift that Keeps on Giving.

Couldn't we have just waited until they expired and gone into the 2020 offseason with:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

That seems to have been the Mitch/Jim plan, so we needed to deviate from the plan. Otherwise, why bring in Magic?

Magic could have used his "charisma" to get one max FA while keeping DLo, Zo, Ingram and Kuz. Or even dumped one of Moz/Deng with a 2019/2021 first round pick once they have 2 years left. Nets themselves took DMC's contract for Raptors first rounder. We had so many options without risking anything. Now max plan needs to work. Else we might end up using the cap on Lopez/KCP kinda players longterm which doesn't improve us much in the West.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
D'Lo seems to have kind of a low pain tolerance. I'm hoping that was the case here and this isn't serious. I just saw that he hurt his left knee this time. He previously hurt the right one earlier this season.

Yea, hoping that's the case. Didn't seem that serious looking at his reaction when he went off compared to other bad injuries this season in NBA.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

Magic could have used his "charisma" to get one max FA while keeping DLo, Zo, Ingram and Kuz. Or even dumped one of Moz/Deng with a 2019/2021 first round pick once they have 2 years left. Nets themselves took DMC's contract for Raptors first rounder. We had so many options without risking anything. Now max plan needs to work. Else we might end up using the cap on Lopez/KCP kinda players longterm which doesn't improve us much in the West.

And KCP/Lopez players is what Mitch/Jim thought they were getting in MozDeng. Good enough to pitch in, yet willing to defer to the young kids. MozDeng just ended up a lot worse of course.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
KBH wrote:

Yea, hoping that's the case. Didn't seem that serious looking at his reaction when he went off compared to other bad injuries this season in NBA.

The Nets are also one of the most cautious teams in the NBA with injuries.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Funny how most were like how ZO-DLo back court will be one of the worst defensively. While ZO is playing good defense and Lakers really missing a 20 PPG scorer who can close the games.

If the FO thought Zo would be this good defensively the trade might not have happened, although, I think getting Moz off the books superseded everything.

Last edited by OCWA on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

Magic is my favorite athlete all time but dude has never been a “patient” type of guy. He wants it now.

Then he shouldn't be running a team and lacks the temperment, foresight and patience necessary to be in charge of basketball decisions.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

You and I would have. Our front office seems to really think we can land some studs in 2018. I'm not holding my breath.

I think they (like hte VAST majority of media members) underestimate the Lakers' fan base. They keep rolling out the same tired narrative that "Lakers's fans are only about winning and will accept nothing less". That's such a narrow view it's comical. My entire circle of friends are Lakers fans and they all to a man/woman understand we're in a rebuilding process. We're happy as long as we're competing and tbh, our squad right now is enjoyable as F to watch.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

You and I would have. Our front office seems to really think we can land some studs in 2018. I'm not holding my breath.

I think they (like hte VAST majority of media members) underestimate the Lakers' fan base. They keep rolling out the same tired narrative that "Lakers's fans are only about winning and will accept nothing less". That's such a narrow view it's comical. My entire circle of friends are Lakers fans and they all to a man/woman understand we're in a rebuilding process. We're happy as long as we're competing and tbh, our squad right now is enjoyable as F to watch.

While I agree with that having that mentality as a fan of a rebuilding team in general, have you seen the Lounge lately after a loss? Patience doesn't seem to be a common trait among Lakers' fans.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

....nets win last if DLo not injured. Down four points with a couple minutes to go. Jazz offense sputtering.

Last edited by ice_cold on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Double post

Last edited by ice_cold on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

[quote="ice_cold"]
OCWA wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Funny how most were like how ZO-DLo back court will be one of the worst defensively. While ZO is playing good defense and Lakers really missing a 20 PPG scorer who can close the games.

If the FO thought Zo would be this good defensively the trade might not have happened, although, I think getting Moz off the books superseded everything.

I thought the Tania Ganguli interview GT did over summer established that inside Lakers building, clearing the way for Lonzo -- plus DLo's alleged character defects (his allegedly not being a player others liked to play with, his alleged not dealing well with adversity, his alleged lack of leadership, etc) -- were the primary reasons for trade. Cap space was just cherry on top, or words close to that, according to TG
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

Magic is my favorite athlete all time but dude has never been a “patient” type of guy. He wants it now.

Then he shouldn't be running a team and lacks the temperment, foresight and patience necessary to be in charge of basketball decisions.

all the above takes advantage of hindsight. So let's remove:

- lonzo, i don't think they were totally bought in but still took the "best available" and ran with the marketing side
- kuzma for obvious reasons
- Dlo they obviously didn't see "leading" the team to a ring, nothing about stats, everything todo with other variables.
- Randle (wasn't even mentioned)

so we're left with Ingram, 4 other rookies with question marks, a poor mans louWill (JC), and mozdeng handicapping any other options for a new FO todo anything.

Impatience is what Jim was guilty of. And as MJST said, got them removed.

The current FO moved Dlo in an attempt to regain some control over the culture and their future with actual ability to make moves.

Still a fan of Dlo but Magic's "leader" comments, although in poor taste, were talking about everything aside from scoring the ball.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

- lonzo, i don't think they were totally bought in but still took the "best available" and ran with the marketing side
- Dlo they obviously didn't see "leading" the team to a ring, nothing about stats, everything todo with other variables.

so we're left with Ingram, 4 other rookies with question marks, a poor mans louWill (JC), and mozdeng handicapping any other options for a new FO todo anything.

The current FO moved Dlo in an attempt to regain some control over the culture and their future with actual ability to make moves.

Still a fan of Dlo but Magic's "leader" comments, although in poor taste, were talking about everything aside from scoring the ball.

We're still a bad team looking to win 30+ games if things go well this season. DLo took his team to victory in clutch time in 4 games this season. If Magic thinks Lonzo is a leader, why does he need DLo to be one? First we need to develop young players to get out of irrelevance. But Magic chose to get rid of a guy with good potential to chase FA dreams that didn't happen for us in 2014, 15 and 16. Jerry West built championship teams and didn't get rid of Eddie Jones, NVE etc even before he got Shaq and Kobe.

Anyways, winning championship needs at least one all time great and 2-3 perennial all stars these days while our best players are rookies or in 2nd season. Magic Pelinka needs to figure out how to get to playoffs first.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

@wojespn

Quote:
Brooklyn Nets guard D'Angelo Russell is likely to miss several games with a left knee injury, league sources tell ESPN. He will undergo further evaluation. He was hurt in loss to Jazz on Saturday night.

Damn.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@NetsDaily

D’Angelo Russell has been diagnosed with a left knee contusion. Return to play updates will be provided as appropriate.

Quote:
@APOOCH

D’Angelo Russell has been diagnosed with a left knee contusion. Return is TBD. #Nets

Quote:
@APOOCH

It could be much worse, but #Nets can’t seem to grab a break with injuries at the PG position
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@ NetsDaily

Before Jazz game, Kenny Atkinson said of @Dloading ... “Love coaching him. His spirit’s been excellent since Day 1.”

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
@wojespn

Quote:
Brooklyn Nets guard D'Angelo Russell is likely to miss several games with a left knee injury, league sources tell ESPN. He will undergo further evaluation. He was hurt in loss to Jazz on Saturday night.

Damn.

That sucks, especially for the Nets, but thankfully it's not much worse. Also, good excuse to not watch Nets games for a few weeks.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
@wojespn

Quote:

Damn.

That sucks, especially for the Nets, but thankfully it's not much worse. Also, good excuse to not watch Nets games for a few weeks.

Same. Not gonna bother watching Nets games until DLo is back.

Quote:
@NetsDaily

I'm such a pessimist about Nets injuries, I am actually relieved by this news. An apparently non-contact knee injury? Are you kidding!? All manner of horrors arise! Recurring knee injuries are an issue, but a "contusion" is essentially a bone bruise in layman's terms.

Quote:
@NetsDaily

As for the need for "further evaluation," Duh. This is the Nets we're talking about. They are extra cautious and should be with the 21-year-old who's becoming the face of the franchise.

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

He was ridiculously good for long stretches in this game.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
He was ridiculously good for long stretches in this game.

It's fascinating to see him adjust to such a ball dominant role as a spread PnR lead guard and get it so quickly. He'll need to continue to cut down on turnovers and improve decisionmaking, there will be setbacks, etc., but he's really started controlling games like a seasoned pro PG.

Combine that with his somewhat surprising improvement attacking the rim (the additional space helps) and getting to the line, and he's looking like some of our projections for him last season might've been a little conservative. We'll have to see how he does after he recuperates, but a Lillard-esque trajectory seems possible, imo.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tnell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

D'Angelo Russell (24)
Lonzo Ball (22)
Brandon Ingram (22)
Kyle Kuzma (24)

It's not hindsight if so many of us who were not emotionally invested in magic and/or despising dlo were already saying it beforehand.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2518, 2519, 2520 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2519 of 2856
Jump to: