OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL THREAD....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2535, 2536, 2537 ... 2558, 2559, 2560  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA
The Brooklyn Nets announced that D'Angelo Russell is probable for tomorrow's game vs the Miami Heat.

1:48 PM - Jan 18, 2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA
The Brooklyn Nets announced that D'Angelo Russell is probable for tomorrow's game vs the Miami Heat.

1:48 PM - Jan 18, 2018



He's gonna be rusty as a mug, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 14240

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
BRK in a bit of a pickle with Russell's contract. He's a core piece going forward so they need to be cautious with bringing him back from knee surgery. At the same time he's extension eligible this July and they probably need more input on what they have with him.

If they decide to wait another year that would put all three of their primary ball handlers (Russell, Lin, Dinwiddie) in contract years. Russell would be looking for the big score, Lin would be coming off of injury and D-winde would be looking for his first NBA pay day.

Might be a good way to get Russell on a fairly cheap contract relative to production.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BRK in a bit of a pickle with Russell's contract. He's a core piece going forward so they need to be cautious with bringing him back from knee surgery. At the same time he's extension eligible this July and they probably need more input on what they have with him.

If they decide to wait another year that would put all three of their primary ball handlers (Russell, Lin, Dinwiddie) in contract years. Russell would be looking for the big score, Lin would be coming off of injury and D-winde would be looking for his first NBA pay day.

Might be a good way to get Russell on a fairly cheap contract relative to production.

Curry style.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83025
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

My guess is in the case of no substantial extension, dlo will simply wait.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 14240

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

b/c for some reason this thread feels like the right place to post this:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kristaps-porzingis-is-doing-his-best-carmelo-anthony-impression/

for everyone who underrates the value of shot creators
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11736
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
b/c for some reason this thread feels like the right place to post this:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kristaps-porzingis-is-doing-his-best-carmelo-anthony-impression/

for everyone who underrates the value of shot creators


Thanks for posting this. A little perspective is always nice after a dude shows out for a stretch and in particular, against us.

He's a hell of a shooter and it would be amazing if he were our stretch 5 but the grind of the season has always been an issue with him and perhaps that's the role they've carved out for him. Which is something that may also be working against him.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 4438

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

@BrooklynNets

After over two months of recovery, @Dloading is set to make his return to the court tonight against Miami
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11736
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
@BrooklynNets

After over two months of recovery, @Dloading is set to make his return to the court tonight against Miami


Great news for him. Stay healthy, bro.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 4438

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Gonna start watching Nets games again. Hope he stays healthy for the rest of the season.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Brian Lewis

@NYPost_Lewis
@Dloading says he's never worked as hard in his life as he has in his rehab to come back. He'll return tonight vs. the #Heat. #Nets

9:26 AM - Jan 19, 2018


Quote:
In the two months away from the court, Russell revealed he’s spent a lot of time improving the mental and physical sides of his game. Atkinson told reporters that the guard has bulked up during his time off and Russell insisted it was all about making sure he was on schedule with his recovery.

“Every day [I worked towards it],” Russell said. “The hours you put in – there’s a reason why you come back stronger than you were. [With] the amount of time, it’s inevitable.”

Mentally, Russell explained that sitting on the sidelines allowed him to learn how to better communicate with his teammates. He pointed to the fact that he used to try to do everything physically on the court, hoping to lead by example. Without being able to do that for several weeks, he gained experience in giving pointers verbally, something he feels will help when he returns. He also says that he gained more perspective about Atkinson by seeing him close to where he operates.

“He’s always in a happy-go-lucky mood. He’s a competitor – he wants to get after it every chance he gets,” Russell said. “He’s not afraid to reward guys for doing their jobs.”

With Russell back in the fold for the final 37 games of the season, he wants the team to build on the progress made this season so far.

“We’ve got a lot of guys that are capable of making things happen. It could be anybody’s night [on] any night,” he said. “Just buying in and trusting your teammates. I think with that experience of going through adversity and competing with some of the top teams in the league, we’ll get better at that.”

Sky is the limit,” exulted Russell.

“How about Spencer man? He’s been amazing,” Russell told Brooklynnets.com. “For him to go through the adversity that he’s been throughout his career and come in here, step up and be one of our main guys, I salute him too.

“I’m looking forward to getting out there with him. Getting my sweat back and having a guy like him, of his caliber, right next to you. I think the sky is the limit.”


http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2018/01/19/dangelo-russell-excited-to-be-back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 14240

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

What a nice kid.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7947
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Moving to BKN was good for him. He sounds like he's matured a lot, which is easier to do when you aren't in a toxic media environment with a team, organization, and fanbase that does not have your back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 14240

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
tox wrote:
b/c for some reason this thread feels like the right place to post this:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kristaps-porzingis-is-doing-his-best-carmelo-anthony-impression/

for everyone who underrates the value of shot creators


Thanks for posting this. A little perspective is always nice after a dude shows out for a stretch and in particular, against us.

He's a hell of a shooter and it would be amazing if he were our stretch 5 but the grind of the season has always been an issue with him and perhaps that's the role they've carved out for him. Which is something that may also be working against him.

Yeah, I'm actually concerned that this trend has persisted into his 3rd season. Before you could argue he's figuring out the NBA schedule but he should be used to it now.

This also confirms the limitations of trying to build around Porzingis offensively. He's just a very bad passer and that hurts when you're the primary option. Which superstar offensive player is a below-average distributor? Closest I can think of is Kawhi.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 3144
Location: Over the River And Through The Woods

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Moving to BKN was good for him. He sounds like he's matured a lot, which is easier to do when you aren't in a toxic media environment with a team, organization, and fanbase that does not have your back.


This.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36993

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
tox wrote:
b/c for some reason this thread feels like the right place to post this:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kristaps-porzingis-is-doing-his-best-carmelo-anthony-impression/

for everyone who underrates the value of shot creators


Thanks for posting this. A little perspective is always nice after a dude shows out for a stretch and in particular, against us.

He's a hell of a shooter and it would be amazing if he were our stretch 5 but the grind of the season has always been an issue with him and perhaps that's the role they've carved out for him. Which is something that may also be working against him.

Yeah, I'm actually concerned that this trend has persisted into his 3rd season. Before you could argue he's figuring out the NBA schedule but he should be used to it now.

This also confirms the limitations of trying to build around Porzingis offensively. He's just a very bad passer and that hurts when you're the primary option. Which superstar offensive player is a below-average distributor? Closest I can think of is Kawhi.


Blessed are the shot creators.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 4438

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

DLO shootaround:

https://twitter.com/APOOCH/status/954490228127002625

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeJjPdyjGnL/
_________________
Showtime 2.0


Last edited by saetarubia on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 4438

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

@APOOCH


Quote:
D’Angelo Russell will not start tonight.

Said he will “ease him into it” and “build him up.” Wouldn’t give an exact range of minutes

“Spencer (Dinwiddie) and D’Angelo (Russell) will play together.” - Atkinson

Atkinson also mentioned how both Dinwiddie and Russell are big guards that can cover the wing spots.

Atkinson says he has to “ask for permission” from performance team re minutes late in the game.

“I think he’s a one in my mind,” Atkinson says of D’Angelo Russell.

_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
DLO shootaround:

https://twitter.com/APOOCH/status/954490228127002625

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeJjPdyjGnL/

Jesus that's a sweet jumper. But he missed one

Also much better hairstyle than than the worms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128843
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
@APOOCH


Quote:
D’Angelo Russell will not start tonight.

Said he will “ease him into it” and “build him up.” Wouldn’t give an exact range of minutes

“Spencer (Dinwiddie) and D’Angelo (Russell) will play together.” - Atkinson

Atkinson also mentioned how both Dinwiddie and Russell are big guards that can cover the wing spots.

Atkinson says he has to “ask for permission” from performance team re minutes late in the game.

“I think he’s a one in my mind,” Atkinson says of D’Angelo Russell.


Serious question, do we have a performance team?
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 14240

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Rust. That was to be a given.
I don't miss him dying on screens though. And unnecessary turnovers.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Better second stint from him even if it only resulted in a free throw and an assist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Metta's at the game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Nice comeback win by the Nets against a good Miami team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, this game will certainly drag down his stats. Good to see him back and getting into the flow a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2535, 2536, 2537 ... 2558, 2559, 2560  Next
Page 2536 of 2560
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB