OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2556, 2557, 2558 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

I just noticed the kings had a whole alternate court out there

I like when the shooty hoops teams get new floors for a game or two
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Another fine effort by our hero. Didn’t score until the middle of the third, missed his last 6 shots when it mattered most, that’s DLo. Funny how quiet it gets around here when the sainted one regresses to his mean. Where’s everyone who was taking a victory lap on Tuesday? Thank God he’s gone.

Strike two.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
bonkers wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
had the ole shoot like boo boo, pass like rondo (so basically be rondo) workin for the first three quarters

then we got the im on fire but ima run the offense like a center for 50% of the possessions down the stretch

a very eventful night in the land of dlostan I must seigh

Das it fam we on the Mooday bandwagon nao Need some blow by speed in mah lyfe

every time its lookin shaky outchea he give us one of these and then we cant leave

(that was at the end of a horrible possession btw, idk if he called off the set they were sposed to run or some miscommunication happened but it was a whole lotta dribblin goin on )

He's doing that a lot recently - trying to emulate that Harden step back. Needs to be quicker and with more OOMPF though. Maybe a hard crossover...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
bonkers wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
had the ole shoot like boo boo, pass like rondo (so basically be rondo) workin for the first three quarters

then we got the im on fire but ima run the offense like a center for 50% of the possessions down the stretch

a very eventful night in the land of dlostan I must seigh

Das it fam we on the Mooday bandwagon nao Need some blow by speed in mah lyfe

every time its lookin shaky outchea he give us one of these and then we cant leave

(that was at the end of a horrible possession btw, idk if he called off the set they were sposed to run or some miscommunication happened but it was a whole lotta dribblin goin on )

He's doing that a lot recently - trying to emulate that Harden step back. Needs to be quicker and with more OOMPF though. Maybe a hard crossover...

just focusing on the shot, that make right there portends well for his future. that shot takes a lot of strength, backwards momentum from a few feet behind the 3 ----- Idk what he did differently on the mechanics but that's an elite make. What if he figures out his shot in year 5 like Olidipo and Rivers and Harris....... ... it's very possible
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject:

It's nice to see his bad games be 15-11 on 50% TS% and 2.2 ATR.
I don't mean that with any snark. He had a stretch of pretty awful games (the Okafor days). These kind of bad games are more like the ones he had as Laker, which is suggesting he's starting to get back to where he was. By the +/- numbers, it looks like the Russell-led bench got beat up pretty badly.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Well Russell vs Ingram take will go on until the end of time. It began when me and other posters just didn’t see anything special with dlo yet we were fed all these “historic” analytical numbers and eye test is dumb and mocked. On the Flip side we saw the oozing potential with BI and were fed “historically terrible” analytics of his rookie year and how dumb we are using eye test when analytics say dlo>>>>BI. Then dlo has a game and people used “potential assist” to hype him up and Ingram has a near triple double as a rookie against bron and they tear him down that all his assists due to hot shooting from 3s. In the end came down to overrating of dlo and underrating BI. In the end the FO picked the players they thought would be better for the franchise.

Well, get over your hurt feelings. Seriously. Not only is it just plain sad to hold so much resentment, it seems you didn't even understand what people were saying to begin with.

Russell has, and to this day still, puts up crazy good volume stats. His efficiency (both scoring & turnovers) and defense leave much to be desired. That was always the context of his historical stats. The thing with Russell was always his upside that people wanted to downplay; that his point/assist stats were matched by year only by a few guys (LeBron, Kyrie, and a few others) showed he was a talented prospect. A future star? Far from a guarantee. But the promise was there. I'm not even going to bring up the Okafor fans (I believe you were one).

Ingram's rookie season, especially pre-ASB, was indeed terrible. There were promising signs but overall it was bad. That is a fact. But that can be simultaneously true while pointing out that he has a lot of upside. I even wrote an article last January about how much promise Ingram showed as a finisher and that Dirk also struggled hard as a teenager shooting. If your eye test made you think he can be a star (or superstar) down the line, that's one thing. The issue is when people thought he was actually an effective player last year, when he wasn't overall. Of course, him being a bad player last year is a bad sign (vs. him playing well, obviously), but it is a noisy signal and guys like LS and Mike (for example) were optimistic regardless. No one ridiculed them for that. Like with Russell, the potential was there, but you had to have a lot more faith (in his shooting, his his playmaking development, in his defense) -- in retrospect, that faith was justified, but you couldn't know at the time.

The fact that you can't separate criticism of Ingram's rookie season from projections of his future, and that you are still sore about months later, is your own problem. Quit it with the victim act.

OH sweety I’m not playing the victim act. I just want to know would you still not trade dlo for booker I am really glad you typed out your feelings it’s really healthy especially since you’ve taken this trade so hard.. If you need anything just let me know beloved. I am here for you
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Another fine effort by our hero. Didn’t score until the middle of the third, missed his last 6 shots when it mattered most, that’s DLo. Funny how quiet it gets around here when the sainted one regresses to his mean. Where’s everyone who was taking a victory lap on Tuesday? Thank God he’s gone.

Hate hard.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Hate hard.

Tell me, what makes you any different than me? We’re both commenting on a guy who no longer plays for the team we both root for. I believe the trade was a good move and I post evidence to support my belief.
On the other hand, when DLo plays well, you and others giddily go on about what a great player he is and why the Lakers shouldn’t have traded him. Anyone that doesn’t follow your line of thinking is a “hater”. But in reality, it’s just a lazy man’s tactic of shutting down debate by labeling any dissenting opinion as malignant and irrational. I could make the same type of argument about the blind faithful of St. DLo, but I don’t.
I’m assuming that since you post so frequently, you don’t have time to put much thought into what you write, but give it a shot once in a while.

lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Hate hard.

Tell me, what makes you any different than me? We’re both commenting on a guy who no longer plays for the team we both root for. I believe the trade was a good move and I post evidence to support my belief.
On the other hand, when DLo plays well, you and others giddily go on about what a great player he is and why the Lakers shouldn’t have traded him. Anyone that doesn’t follow your line of thinking is a “hater”. But in reality, it’s just a lazy man’s tactic of shutting down debate by labeling any dissenting opinion as malignant and irrational. I could make the same type of argument about the blind faithful of St. DLo, but I don’t.
I’m assuming that since you post so frequently, you don’t have time to put much thought into what you write, but give it a shot once in a while.

lol

I don't post here frequently. You should read your posts carefully and see how deranged and personal you get with DLO. He's not a Laker any longer, and this is in the General Basketball discussion.

Why is it that YOU'RE so drawn to someone you clearly dislike? Have you thought about that for a minute?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Just a question. How come I feel people are more emotionally attached to DLO than Nance & Clarkson combine? I liked all those guys on the Lakers, but I've accepted the fact that they are gone, as hard as it is sometimes like last night's game. But there isn't the same outrage for Nance & Clarkson and it seems like people have moved on already. I wish all those guys well, and I'm even hoping Nance & Clarkson win a championship over there. So why is there a clear difference in outrage? They've all brought something special to the Lakers during their time here.

Because mostly everyone agreed that Nance & Clarkson are good role players and no one (besides Dave) thought they were more than that.
Dlo on the other hand was a hot debate of whether he'll be a star (reach) or bust (ridiculous). Some got super attached to him and defended him till the end (still do) because they had to be right, which they might end up being one day. He still has many good years to prove them right.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Hate hard.

lol

Toxic topic but the insults are getting more creative
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Hate hard.

lol

Toxic topic but the insults are getting more creative

Seems to put more thought into insults rather than debating the topic at hand.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

'tis lit
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

OH sweety I’m not playing the victim act. I just want to know would you still not trade dlo for booker I am really glad you typed out your feelings it’s really healthy especially since you’ve taken this trade so hard.. If you need anything just let me know beloved. I am here for you

So you're not worth actually engaging -- thanks for confirming. Hope one day you can get over your hurt feelings.

And nah, this is the first year Booker has actually outplayed Russell, he has fewer injury concerns, and no one's said a bad word about him. I find it easy to change my mind as the facts change.

Last edited by tox on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Hate hard.

lol

Strike three.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

There is a thread on RealGM ..rather Russell is a bust, I gotta say I’m gonna see how he does next year before declaring what he is. if he leads the Nets to another losing record next year then he just doesn’t have it but he will always be in position to put up stats even if he doesn’t end up doing much in terms of team success
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Haven't watched Russell at all since he left the Lakers, but managed to get some good seats at the Kings/Nets game.

Although it would be wrong to judge Russell's progression (or regression) as a player based on one game, I will say that Russell left a lot to be desired in this game. Made a bunch of mistakes down the stretch and Fox basically got whatever he wanted when they were matched up with one another. He did hit a 3 during crunch time, but it seemed like he was in the middle of every sequence of a Nets collapse in the 4th/OT against a pretty bad defensive team.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

The always-insightful Zach Lowe on D'Angelo:

It has been a strange and vaguely disappointing season for D'Angelo Russell. He has been injured for about half of it, and spent the other half shooting and missing a lot. Russell perked up Tuesday in Cleveland, but he has hit just 38 percent -- and 27 percent from deep -- since returning from knee surgery.

Russell has used 32.4 percent of Brooklyn's possessions with a shot, turnover or drawn foul, fourth-highest among all rotation players, behind only James Harden, Russell Westbrook and Joel Embiid. That is a little much. His turnover rate is icky.

Almost half of Russell's shots have come from midrange, a high number for a perimeter player, per Cleaning The Glass. Russell has a habit of gaining inside position with a shifty move, and then giving the advantage right back by slowing down, picking up his dribble and bricking a fading midranger.

When he came out of the NCAA racket, scouts feared Russell lacked the athleticism to get to the rim and finish. That was mostly true in his first two seasons. He has solved the finishing part so far in Brooklyn -- Russell has hit 69 percent in the restricted area, an elite number -- but he's not getting there nearly enough. Brooklyn scores at a league-worst level when Russell runs the show solo, without Spencer Dinwiddie at his side, per NBA.com. Let's not mention his defense.

Russell is still so young, and point guards develop in fits and starts. That same instinct to slow down with the ball serves Russell well when he uses it to pin defenders on his hip, keep his dribble alive, and probe. He has good vision, and projected before this season as someone who could hit pull-up 3s.

That has been the story of Russell's career: some parts of his game rise, and others fall. Maybe someday soon, they will all rise together. He just turned 22. But so far, this season has been unsatisfying.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22619154/zach-lowe-10-things-like-including-anthony-davis-brilliance-nba
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Lowe was always high on Russell. I recall he thought the Pacers should've tried to get him for PG (obviously Oladipo is looking like the better get). Interesting take, I totally understand it.

Those on/off Okafor splits are just so staggering for me. The Dinwiddie point he brings up is misleading insofar most of Russell's Okafor minutes are without Dinwiddie, so naturally those stats will look worse.

I said it before but I'm really interested in following the career trajectory of Russell. Both this year and last, there's been a way you can show big sample sizes of him being good, with reasonable basketball explanations as to why. OTOH, there is a fine line between analysis and cherrypicking.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

With the injury and shifting responsibilities, it is tough to get an accurate read on his trajectory. I probably won't try to pin down an assessment of him until next season. That is assuming he is healthy and a Net next season
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

I was on the get rid of him boat by December of last season, I was of course glad the Lakers traded this guy who thinks he's arrived at superstardom but it doesn't reflect in his actual play. I've been coming in here to entertain myself because I thought everyone moved on, but it's been amusing to see that they are still Laker fans who still follow this guy.

I believe most of these guys who follow Russell think the FO made a mistake by trading him, when they need to realise that the Lakers have already won the trade. Seeing this, I surmise that these guys who regularly post in this trade post trade, have no faith at all in our current FO; and by the way, that's okay.
I just hope that when we sign Paul George and as Kuzma, Ingram and Ball develop into great players, that everyone will look back and say, it was for the best the Russell was traded.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

I was on the get rid of him boat by December of last season, I was of course glad the Lakers traded this guy who thinks he's arrived at superstardom but it doesn't reflect in his actual play. I've been coming in here to entertain myself because I thought everyone moved on, but it's been amusing to see that they are still Laker fans who still follow this guy.

I believe most of these guys who follow Russell think the FO made a mistake by trading him, when they need to realise that the Lakers have already won the trade. Seeing this, I surmise that these guys who regularly post in this trade post trade, have no faith at all in our current FO; and by the way, that's okay.
I just hope that when we sign Paul George and as Kuzma, Ingram and Ball develop into great players, that everyone will look back and say, it was for the best the Russell was traded.

Nah. I think if we get our max guys it was worth it. Maybe we follow Dlo bc we just like him as a young player? Ever thought of that as a consideration?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Thankfully Maginka bamboozled the Nets by dumping Mozgov's terrible contract and got a 1st back for that gimpy bum.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

more like 2'angelo russell these days amirite guise
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah look at the bounty that Payton/mudiay/Oak got in trades. Hezonja’s option wasn’t picked up. We should be thankful that DLO got us so much in a trade. Not sure why fans have to still keep hating on him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2556, 2557, 2558 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next
Page 2557 of 2865
Jump to: