OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2557, 2558, 2559 ... 2870, 2871, 2872  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Another fine effort by our hero. Didn’t score until the middle of the third, missed his last 6 shots when it mattered most, that’s DLo. Funny how quiet it gets around here when the sainted one regresses to his mean. Where’s everyone who was taking a victory lap on Tuesday? Thank God he’s gone.

I was on the get rid of him boat by December of last season, I was of course glad the Lakers traded this guy who thinks he's arrived at superstardom but it doesn't reflect in his actual play. I've been coming in here to entertain myself because I thought everyone moved on, but it's been amusing to see that they are still Laker fans who still follow this guy.

I believe most of these guys who follow Russell think the FO made a mistake by trading him, when they need to realise that the Lakers have already won the trade. Seeing this, I surmise that these guys who regularly post in this trade post trade, have no faith at all in our current FO; and by the way, that's okay.
I just hope that when we sign Paul George and as Kuzma, Ingram and Ball develop into great players, that everyone will look back and say, it was for the best the Russell was traded.

Nah. I think if we get our max guys it was worth it. Maybe we follow Dlo bc we just like him as a young player? Ever thought of that as a consideration?

I didn't watch pretty much every game of his at ohio state to stick it to Magic and Rob I'll tell ya that

especially when we had all that sweet justise winslow duke film to watch because he was closer to the expected pick range
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

All I know is he was pretty good pre-surgery and pretty mediocre post-surgery. Could he still be recovering?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
All I know is he was pretty good pre-surgery and pretty mediocre post-surgery. Could he still be recovering?

His post-surgery stats are very similar to his pre-surgery stats. You gotta control for Okafor fam
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

High highs and low lows. The kid is young. But his value is obvious in any given game, even if his shooting and turnovers are bad.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Caris LeVert having a hell of a game right now
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

He get hurt today? Why did he only play 20 minutes?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Didn't watch, but how was it even close, when Russell was 1-6, Dinwiddie 0-6, Crabbe 2-11?
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Didn't watch, but how was it even close, when Russell was 1-6, Dinwiddie 0-6, Crabbe 2-11?

Nets bench scored 75 points. Carroll scored 20 (he was 6-11 on threes). Dinwiddie had 10 assists. They outrebounded them 44 to 40; they out assisted them 30 to 18.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Thankfully Maginka bamboozled the Nets by dumping Mozgov's terrible contract and got a 1st back for that gimpy bum.

Speaking of Mozgoof, I see he's only played 19 minutes and scored a total of 7 points since Jan 1st.

I guess I shouldn't make fun. That's 19 more minutes and 7 more points than Deng has put up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Thankfully Maginka bamboozled the Nets by dumping Mozgov's terrible contract and got a 1st back for that gimpy bum.

Speaking of Mozgoof, I see he's only played 19 minutes and scored a total of 7 points since Jan 1st.

I guess I shouldn't make fun. That's 19 more minutes and 7 more points than Deng has put up.

It's pretty amazing the haul we got back considering so many others in his class haven't fared so well and didn't return much.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

It's pretty amazing the haul we got back considering so many others in his class haven't fared so well and didn't return much.

I'm definitely starting to come around on the DLO trade a little more. Especially if PG comes this summer, we are sitting sooooooo pretty.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I'm definitely starting to come around on the DLO trade a little more. Especially if PG comes this summer, we are sitting sooooooo pretty.

Yeah. Lonzo/BI have really helped me forget about DLO, but I still appreciate and root for the kid. If we get our max FAs, I'm eternally thankful that he was able to help us rid of Moz's onerous deal (and a 1st round pick too).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

Hear me out but I won’t be surprised if the Nets start dangling Russell in trades in the next 1-2 years, LeVert is a much better prospect and he actually has better D... I wonder what the Nets could get in return, there is no way the Nets can both have LeVert and Russell both are starting material but at least LeVert seems to have a higher potential
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hear me out but I won’t be surprised if the Nets start dangling Russell in trades in the next 1-2 years, LeVert is a much better prospect and he actually has better D... I wonder what the Nets could get in return, there is no way the Nets can both have LeVert and Russell both are starting material but at least LeVert seems to have a higher potential

Sigh.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sigh.

Sigh as in? If he keeps being prone to injuries I don’t think there gonna have him in there long term plans, Jarret Allen and LeVert seem to be there main young pieces, he couldn’t even get off the bench when the Nets desperately needed a scoring boost..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

He definitely has a place in this league, but the supposedly talk of him having this good potential isn’t there anymore...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sigh.

Sigh as in? If he keeps being prone to injuries I don’t think there gonna have him in there long term plans, Jarret Allen and LeVert seem to be there main young pieces, he couldn’t even get off the bench when the Nets desperately needed a scoring boost..

No. Nets are playing the long game with DLO. There's a reason they ate Moz's contract and gave up Brook/1st. They are high on him and aren't taking this in a one season vacuum. Lavert is a fine bench player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sigh.

No. Nets are playing the long game with DLO. There's a reason they ate Moz's contract and gave up Brook/1st. They are high on him and aren't taking this in a one season vacuum. Lavert is a fine bench player.

I mean if they are in the long game with Russell, then does it make sense to lose when the Cavs have there pick? I would think they would have utilized Russell so he can help them win so the Cavs won’t get stronger... unless the Nets are thinking of a long long rebuild then they are just making themselves worse.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sigh.

I mean if they are in the long game with Russell, then does it make sense to lose when the Cavs have there pick? I would think they would have utilized Russell so he can help them win so the Cavs won’t get stronger... unless the Nets are thinking of a long long rebuild then they are just making themselves worse.

LONG term view. Not this one season. The pick to the Cavs is a sunk cost.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Gotcha, and yeah they can still develop Russell into a game changer, but from the looks of it he might only end up being a good to solid PG
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Gotcha, and yeah they can still develop Russell into a game changer, but from the looks of it he might only end up being a good to solid PG

I think he still has all star potential. But his injuries are not helping him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree, they weren't thinking in terms of immediate returns on Russel. He's their best prospect (I like Allen a lot too actually). The challenge with DLO is that this year has been something of a wash and he's extension eligible this summer. If they wait he's an expiring going into restricted free agency at the same time Lin and Dinwiddie are in contract years.

As we've seen with Randle, when you have blue chippers in that situation it can get trickie. RHJ is also extension eligible and you kind of expect them to sign him to a deal which could further complicate team dynamics.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Stefan Bondy

Verified account

@SBondyNYDN
Follow Follow @SBondyNYDN
More
This is remarkable. Emmanuel Mudiay has played just 193 minutes with the Knicks and they've been outscored by 87 points when he's on the court.

4:24 PM - 5 Mar 2018

Crazy that Mudiay and Okafor were the consensus 1 and 2 in that draft class
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
Stefan Bondy

Verified account

@SBondyNYDN
More
This is remarkable. Emmanuel Mudiay has played just 193 minutes with the Knicks and they've been outscored by 87 points when he's on the court.

Westbrook like athleticism...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:
Stefan Bondy

Verified account

@SBondyNYDN
More

Westbrook like athleticism...

next Tim Duncan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2557, 2558, 2559 ... 2870, 2871, 2872  Next
Page 2558 of 2872
Jump to: