OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
On a different note, did anyone know that D'Angelo was teammates w/ next year's top recruit Ben Simmons? They played together at Montverde prep. Just found that out today

He's said in interviews that he's used to being under the radar since back in high school, where Simmons got more attention than he did his senior year (when Simmons was a junior). It's kind of that chip-on-your-shoulder thing like Clarkson. But that lack of attention ended in a hurry once he got to Ohio State.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject:

Seems like Russell really wants to be an all time great
gildedgirth
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
i dont know if its only me but this kid is not smiling or seems happy like Randle was

D'Angelo, like Towns, would have been fine anywhere. Julius (like Jahlil) really wanted to go to the Lakers.

This is the truth. He also doesn't seem to be a big Kobe fan either.

He also gives generic answers, so I think he's just containing his emotions. I watched a ton of his interviews recently, and he'll often sound this way -- very calm and giving canned responses. Okafor is kind of like that, too. Russell will open a bit more in one-on-one interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh2b8penmg0
- in this interview after the Lakers press conference, while still abit subuded, he's smiling tiny bit more and keeps says it's been a whirlwind, and still trying to process everything. Again he says he's in shock that he got picked so high at number two. So I think the guy is just overwhelmed and trying to keep it together.

As for being a Kobe fan, dunno. He's said in past interviews, he grew up studying Manu Ginobli, another left-hander, so that's why his game feels bit like Ginobli or James Harden. He also said (I forget if its in this interview or another) that when he meets Kobe for the first time, he'll be in awe.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject:

Bugged that he's choosing jersey #1. In the long tradition of Smush Parker, Jordan Farmar and Javaris Crittendon.

Heck, go with 00...
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject:

gildedgirth wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
i dont know if its only me but this kid is not smiling or seems happy like Randle was

D'Angelo, like Towns, would have been fine anywhere. Julius (like Jahlil) really wanted to go to the Lakers.

He also gives generic answers, so I think he's just containing his emotions. I watched a ton of his interviews recently, and he'll often sound this way -- very calm and giving canned responses. Okafor is kind of like that, too. Russell will open a bit more in one-on-one interviews.

- in this interview after the Lakers press conference, while still abit subuded, he's smiling tiny bit more and keeps says it's been a whirlwind, and still trying to process everything. Again he says he's in shock that he got picked so high at number two. So I think the guy is just overwhelmed and trying to keep it together.

As for being a Kobe fan, dunno. He's said in past interviews, he grew up studying Manu Ginobli, another left-hander, so that's why his game feels bit like Ginobli or James Harden. He also said (I forget if its in this interview or another) that when he meets Kobe for the first time, he'll be in awe.

you could tell jahlil wanted to be a laker and DRuss would be happy anywher from pre draft interviews. Well hopefully both will succeed
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 47s47 seconds ago

D'Angelo Russell is 2nd choice for NBA rookie of the year (4/1 odds), says gambling site Bovada. Favorite: Okafor (7/2). Towns is 7/1
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

How much for Larry Legend Nance
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

That Montverde team finished the year 28-0 and beat Oak Hill Academy for the National Championship.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

http://i.imgur.com/bNHopLz.png

he's a pawg fan too, love this kid. already GOAT
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:

Pretty sure that's what he was talking about with this Tweet earlier today.

D'Angelo Russell ‏@Dloading 4h4 hours ago
OMG if you seen what I seen on a daily! #CaliFornIA
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

gildedgirth wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Dwight Howard smiles too much.. I hate his gut. Keep doing you Russell.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

He's only been with the team a few days and even I'm sick of all the Kobe questions they're asking him.

It's not really the Kobe questions that bug me. It's the same generic questions asked ad nauseum that bugs me.

I noticed this yesterday when watching the press conference. I was getting tired of them asking every prospect the same questions, and it's bound to get old. To be honest, it has to be somewhat of a turn off. In Russell's mind, he's here to take over the league and be one of the best players in the game, not be star struck with Kobe.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

He's only been with the team a few days and even I'm sick of all the Kobe questions they're asking him.

It's not really the Kobe questions that bug me. It's the same generic questions asked ad nauseum that bugs me.

I noticed this yesterday when watching the press conference. I was getting tired of them asking every prospect the same questions, and it's bound to get old. To be honest, it has to be somewhat of a turn off. In Russell's mind, he's here to take over the league and be one of the best players in the game, not be star struck with Kobe.

the lakersnation girl is the worst at this. 100% amateur trash. no idea how that fansite got credentialed. makes you appreciate pros like trudell
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Leave Kobe out of the FA meetings. Bring Russell.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Interview with Dan Patrick: http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/06/30/dangelo-russell-excited-to-learn-from-kobe-bryant/
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Looking waaaaaay down the line, I do think that Russell will be a FA magnet, both on and off of the court.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Looking waaaaaay down the line, I do think that Russell will be a FA magnet, both on and off of the court.

I'd actually make the passing and ability to set up the big man of Russell, Clarkson & Kobe a selling point w/DJordan if we strike out on LMA.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I'd actually make the passing and ability to set up the big man of Russell, Clarkson & Kobe a selling point w/DJordan if we strike out on LMA.

Real selling point is the Cali girls that started following him on Twitter and Instagram after we picked him. Bring your phone to the meetings, D'Angelo
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

I'm sure we will, but it's unlikely to resonate with a player that's Jordan's age. Unlike nerds like us , these FA's aren't sitting around scouting these guys. Russell's gonna have to battle with these guys on the court first before they're appealing to other players. It reminds me of the Ed Davis/Zach Randolph (former teammates) exchange on the court regarding Jordan Clarkson.

Randolph: "Who is THAT?"

Davis: "He nice, right?"

They gotta see it on the court first hand before he becomes a guy they want to play with.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

He stopped by KTLA this morning

http://ktla.com/2015/06/30/lakers-first-round-pick-dangelo-russell-stops-by/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Interview with Dan Patrick: http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/06/30/dangelo-russell-excited-to-learn-from-kobe-bryant/

He's confident, but he's not in young Kobe's stratosphere haha.

Dan: Who do you want a piece of: Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, James Harden?

D'Angelo: Uh, Imma just start with the summer league guards first and see how that turns out. I'm not gonna call anybody out right now and then regret it in the future. So Imma just let that play out.

More proof that Dan Patrick asks questions fans want to know, unlike the hacks at the press conference:

Dan: When did you know that you can play with these guys at this level?

D'Angelo: Um, I mean it started with Chris Paul. He's one of the best in the league. I told myself I was gonna take it to him and I didn't want him to take it back on me. And when I walked out of there I feel like I got better. I know I competed the best way I could. I'm not sure if he was taking it light on me or whatnot but I knew we were both breaking a sweat. It was a great matchup for me.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
tom
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 20s21 seconds ago

Mike Waldner of the Daily Breeze captures Jerry West's comments, praising the Lakers for drafting D'Angelo Russell http://bit.ly/1BV7eeR
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
He stopped by KTLA this morning

http://ktla.com/2015/06/30/lakers-first-round-pick-dangelo-russell-stops-by/

Man DRussell is so confident. Dude tells nonbelievers to just watch the show. So excited, I can't even describe it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers News: D’Angelo Russell Makes Sales Pitch To LaMarcus Aldridge

Quote:
In an interview on The Jim Rome Show on Tuesday, Russell made his sales pitch to the veteran power forward:

“Man, who doesn’t want to be in L.A., starting with that. The franchise is on the come up, they’ve been so spoiled with winning around here, losing is not an option,” Russell said. “I mean Portland, he played well, they played well as a team, they made some strides, but L.A., just me being out here for these few days, these few months I was before, there’s nothing like it. A lot of guys want to be here, a lot of guys live here in the summer, so many faces here that you play on the Lakers you are already at the top of the crop of all the people that live here.”

LINK
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lakers News: D’Angelo Russell Makes Sales Pitch To LaMarcus Aldridge

Quote:
In an interview on The Jim Rome Show on Tuesday, Russell made his sales pitch to the veteran power forward:

“Man, who doesn’t want to be in L.A., starting with that. The franchise is on the come up, they’ve been so spoiled with winning around here, losing is not an option,” Russell said. “I mean Portland, he played well, they played well as a team, they made some strides, but L.A., just me being out here for these few days, these few months I was before, there’s nothing like it. A lot of guys want to be here, a lot of guys live here in the summer, so many faces here that you play on the Lakers you are already at the top of the crop of all the people that live here.”

LINK

Quick Kobe Luver!

Change the thread title please!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 39 of 2873
Jump to: