Russell over Okafor - Do you like the pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy with the pick?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 365 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 129 ]
Total Votes : 494

kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I see Okafor to become Z-bo but a little better. And I think he will be a Top 10 player in 3 years

how are there games even similar? Zach is a face up scorer, Okafor is a back to the basket scorer with guard like handles that can also face up and go off the dribble. I don't see anything other then injury that should stop Okafor for being a Duncan type player.

Defense?

and FT shooting

I think he will be a great post defender and offer some weak side shot blocking, no he probably won't be the best pick and roll defender but pick and roll scores all the time no matter who that big man defender is. Either they switch and point guards take jumpers with space (and make them at a good clip) or the big men try to crowd them and the guards usually get by them for a layup for force the defense to collapse for a three. I don't care what big man be it Duncan or whomever, they all have that problem. Duncan has had plenty of free throw troubles of his own, i see no reason why somebody as offensively gifted as Okafor couldn't improve on that aspect of his game.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I've heard a lot of comparisons of Russell's athleticism to Curry's, but I'm not sure D'Angelo can do this: https://twitter.com/UAbasketball/status/615722088792363009

Length is part of the equation when talking about athleticism. I don't recall Curry ever doing this during a game:
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
I've heard a lot of comparisons of Russell's athleticism to Curry's, but I'm not sure D'Angelo can do this: https://twitter.com/UAbasketball/status/615722088792363009

Length is part of the equation when talking about athleticism. I don't recall Curry ever doing this during a game:

That video reminds me so much of ginobili. Manu is the comparison I find closest to russell.

Look at the second clip in this video. That pass Look familiar? It literally took me 25 seconds to find that clip which I've never seen before in my life lol.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Well, he's got an 8'6 standing reach and a 39" max vertical, so I'm sure he can pull off some nice dunks in practice as well... But you don't see Curry doing that type of stuff in games, just like you probably won't see Russell doing it anytime soon either
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject:

Yes, because I was scared of a paint with 2 very young and non-defensive players.
I like the idea of a 1-4 connection for the future.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

That video reminds me so much of ginobili. Manu is the comparison I find closest to russell.

Look at the second clip in this video. That pass Look familiar? It literally took me 25 seconds to find that clip which I've never seen before in my life lol.

A lot of Manu-like plays here:
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball/2015/04/52510/an-ode-to-patient-0-counting-down-dangelo-russells-top-10-plays-at-ohio-state
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

going strike out on all the free agent big man... sacre might starte... or sign robin lopez... robin the scrub lopez... im more let down we passed on okafor then anything that has happened in free agency. could have lived with another year of young, kobe, clarkson at guard with okafor and randle downlow.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
going strike out on all the free agent big man... sacre might starte... or sign robin lopez... robin the scrub lopez... im more let down we passed on okafor then anything that has happened in free agency. could have lived with another year of young, kobe, clarkson at guard with okafor and randle downlow.

Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:

And who says that lineup would have been more successful than a guard who can pass and score like Russell with a defensive person at the 5? I see all the people who are complaining about Okafor not getting picked are automatically acting he would have been the better option when the likelihood of that being true is rather small and unknown. I wanted Okafor over Russell at the beginning but he had his chance to impress but didn't.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

^ yup. only this FO could choke with the second pick in what was essentially a 2 player draft. wonder who's gonna fall on the sword for this (bleep) up

also @ drafting a player mainly because they killed workouts/interviews and thought you could sign a big in FA

@ not drafting on ability/resume
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Coach K seal of approval over some workout. Wonder what if Okafor went to North Carolina instead lol.... but I keep seeing that Okafor and his dad commercial just to rub it in.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
^ yup. only this FO could choke with the second pick in what was essentially a 2 player draft. wonder who's gonna fall on the sword for this (bleep) up

also @ drafting a player mainly because they killed workouts/interviews and thought you could sign a big in FA

Apparently chasing Rondo, Monta Ellis, and Wes Matthews would've been better
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
I'll take Coach K seal of approval over some workout. Wonder what if Okafor went to North Carolina instead lol.... but I keep seeing that Okafor and his dad commercial just to rub it in.

You'd rather take the opinion of a biased coach rather than what you see with your own eyes in workouts? Thank god you aren't in the lakers draft room.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
tj24 wrote:

Rondo on a 1 year deal would've been fine. Matthews on 1 leg is still probably better than anybody we've had at the 3 in years
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
tj24 wrote:

Rondo on a 1 year deal would've been fine. Matthews on 1 leg is still probably better than anybody we've had at the 3 in years

Still doesn't mean they'll sign with the Lakers.

Check my post history, I'm Team Okafor, but it's pointless arguing about this. Just support D'Angelo coz he's the Laker now.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

do you think we could swap out DLO for Okafor and another asset? Wiggins was traded after draft day
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
do you think we could swap out DLO for Okafor and another asset? Wiggins was traded after draft day

Hinkie will laugh at the Lakers' face... he already has his sights on Skal Labissiere, Ben Simmons, or Jaylen Brown.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Sting wrote:

Hinkie will laugh at the Lakers' face... he already has his sights on Skal Labissiere, Ben Simmons, or Jaylen Brown.
Sixers are mock a lot here but they are just one year from making this tanking work

Say they get Ben Simmons and Dario comes over suddenly look legit
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Sting wrote:

Sixers are mock a lot here but they are just one year from making this tanking work

so true... and they still have Noel, Imbiid and Okafor. they can easily flip one of those for an established player. not sure about Imbiid's health though.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Sting wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Sting wrote:

so true... and they still have Noel, Imbiid and Okafor. they can easily flip one of those for an established player. not sure about Imbiid's health though.

If we didn't troll them (and potentially ourselves)

They would really have a solid 5 by next year
Embiid
Noel
Simmons
Lakers 2016 pick
Russell
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject:

We still having talks about that pathetic franchise that is the Sixers eh?

Well they added two more big post men so they can start Hinkie's dream of 6'9 and above lineup.

Jason Thompson
Carl landry

What a joke.

tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

They got the best player in the draft and have a bunch of expendable assets to help build around him..yeah what a joke
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
We still having talks about that pathetic franchise that is the Sixers eh?

Well they added two more big post men so they can start Hinkie's dream of 6'9 and above lineup.

Jason Thompson
Carl landry

What a joke.

Added a future first and a top ten pick Kings 2014 a shooter with potential. Lakers don't have a draft pick until 2018 when they are in the the middle of a rebuild. that's a joke... Another joke will be the Sixers landing a top 10 pick from the lakers in 2016
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

lol this is rock bottom...

No Monroe not even Ed Davis. Robin Looez is a bum, davis is better..

Robin is Fresno and I played against him in high school. One night after being in the club In clovis ran Into robin. Guy was acting like a prick to one of my friends because he accidentally called him Brooke. Lol maybe I'm a little bias, but would rather just develop black as starter.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Drafting Okafor would have just added to the "lakers are behind the times" notion the media has been spitting out lately.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 24 of 33
Jump to: