OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
So does this prove he's a starter?

I don't know about starter, but I think he should definitely be a finisher
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I don't know about starter, but I think he should definitely be a finisher

Exactly, its not really who is starting the games. Its who is finishing one.

Larry , like Lamar in old days, need to finish games because of his effort and higher IQ than Randle.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

he has been lakers x factor since he has been starting. He does all the little things than win you games.

He earned the right to start and finish games, it isnt a coincidence we've been much better since he has been starting
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Would you play him in front of Zubac at the 5?

I'd play him in front of Julius. Randle can free style alongside JC from the bench
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

I was thinking about this, and it may sound stupid, but is Nance is a deal-breaker if Indy asks for him as an auxiliary piece in a trade for PG13? Obviously he's not going to be the centerpiece of a trade, that's not the point of this question. But if we agreed on the framework of a deal involving either BI, DLo, OR the top 3 pick if we keep it and they insisted that Nance be thrown in as a side dish, would you seriously stop and think about it?

I think I'd ultimately pull the trigger, but I'd cry in the shower afterwards.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I'd play him in front of Julius. Randle can free style alongside JC from the bench

Yup. +1
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I was thinking about this, and it may sound stupid, but is Nance is a deal-breaker if Indy asks for him as an auxiliary piece in a trade for PG13? Obviously he's not going to be the centerpiece of a trade, that's not the point of this question. But if we agreed on the framework of a deal involving either BI, DLo, OR the top 3 pick if we keep it and they insisted that Nance be thrown in as a side dish, would you seriously stop and think about it?

Im not treading Nance and Zubac.

I would do Ingram + Randle + Black + Houston Pick or future pick (though i prefer it to be a future pick instead).

Beyond that, I'm not doing it.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
nash wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Yup. +1

Agree.

Although I do like Nance + Randle on the floor together.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Players like Nance are never going to be deal breakers
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

I think he's the third best player on the team after Russell and Ingram (bottom 3 team so take it for what it's worth.) I wouldn't do that particular trade because George doesn't move the needle enough for me, but if it was something for like AD then yeah.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

He's a luxury on a team as bad as the Lakers. But when the team gets good again, they'll be praying for a roleplayer as good as Larry.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I think he's the third best player on the team after Russell and Ingram (bottom 3 team so take it for what it's worth.) I wouldn't do that particular trade because George doesn't move the needle enough for me, but if it was something for like AD then yeah.

Nah he's not better than Randle. Randle can be an option in offense, Nance not so much. What I like about Nance is he always move the ball and he's always looking to make plays. He's pretty good off ball player at both ends. Hopefully he can strengthen his lower body and extend his range this summer.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Nah he's not better than Randle. Randle can be an option in offense, Nance not so much. What I like about Nance is he always move the ball and he's always looking to make plays. He's pretty good off ball player at both ends. Hopefully he can strengthen his lower body and extend his range this summer.

It depends how much you value isos.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

Julius is a better individual talent, has better handles, better passing skills, can go one on one, is stronger.

Nance is a better team player, better complementary player, higher IQ. I like him better overall in an structured environment.

If you need someone to freelance it is Julius, but he is not good enough to carry a team doing that, so I prefer Nance with starters. Julius plays like Melo, Barkley, but not at the same level to make you build around him to hide his shortcomings. At this point I look at Julius the same way I look at Clarkson. Nance is just a role player, but he is very good in this role.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

For me, Larry Nance's best comp is Robert Horry. He's starting to play like that too. Love it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
For me, Larry Nance's best comp is Robert Horry. He's starting to play like that too. Love it.

The guy who fake limped through whole seasons and then showed up in a flurry at end? He's more Taj Gibson to me.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

What isos? Randle has the handle to make something happen. Nance relies on guys like him to get his shot. If Nance can anchor the team defensively then you might have an argument but both of them are still work on progress.
I like Nance but he is a role player.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

I thought Nance wasn't strong enough to bang downlow with either KAT or Dieng. He needs to muscle up before we think about starting him. I don't see him playing 30-35 mins consistently in the team ain't yet unlike Randle
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

The guy who fake limped through whole seasons and then showed up in a flurry at end? He's more Taj Gibson to me.

Sure, if we ignore his entire Rockets career and the fact that PJ encouraged that for role players (and even players like Shaq)
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

What isos? Randle has the handle to make something happen. Nance relies on guys like him to get his shot. If Nance can anchor the team defensively then you might have an argument but both of them are still work on progress.

In terms of being halfcourt options their shortcoming are pretty much the same: no post-up game, questionable shooting. The difference is Randle can iso.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

He could start. Sure why not? If we moved Julius I would be very comfortable having him start. He is a great glue guy who plays D, makes the pass and runs the offense.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
CRoost wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

In terms of being halfcourt options their shortcoming are pretty much the same: no post-up game, questionable shooting. The difference is Randle can iso.

The difference is Randle has the handles. The limitations is not only in a halfcourt setting. He can run the break from coast to coast and dribble around the defenders and make something happen. Randle has a post up game too, not the traditional back to the post downlow. His post game is a face up that starts from the high post.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

It's funny that Randle and Nance combined resemble Draymond lite more than either individually do. Jules has the ball-handling and playmaking ability on offense, while Nance has the defensive energy and smarts. If he bulks up a little more, I think he has the body type and ability to guard 1-5. Obviously, that's not on a full-time basis, but he could have the same defensive versatility and switching ability of a Draymond in a year or two. And that's highly valuable. He BADLY needs to accelerate the development and confidence in his jumpshot, though. That's the only way he becomes a starter and playable for 30ish minutes a game on a winning team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

A real NBA coach like Luke wouldn't.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

No he isn't. For the right package, none of these players are a deal breaker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 172 of 221
Jump to: