OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

ball+nance = new lob city
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
ball+nance = new lob city

Nance, Brewer, Ingram, Clarkson, Nwaba, Ball himself ... potential is here.

I expect us to run a lot of fastbreaks too with Clarkson, Julius, Ingram and Ball. Kinda showtime in transition with a modern focus on halfcourt sets.

Not just all the loosing, but it was not exciting to watch most of our games since Kobe went down. It can be really interesting with Ball running the show.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

I really enjoy watching Nance become an ambassador for the Lakers. He's like Magic "lite" when it comes to stepping up and representing us the past week or so. I hope (and think) that we'll be keeping him long term. I'm pretty sure Nance fits the mold of what the FO is looking for in a player.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

FYI: Larry's little brother commits to Northwestern
Quote:
Pete Nance, a top-40 overall prospect according to Rivals, verbally committed to the Wildcats on Thursday evening during an official visit. The 6-foot-8 small forward is the son of former NBA All-Star Larry Nance, Sr. His brother, Larry Nance, Jr. starred at Wyoming and is currently a member of the Los Angeles Lakers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pete-nance-commits-northwestern-231512010.html
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Still haven't forgotten this benchwarming punk calling Kobe a rapist.

Hope Tragic Office trades him for Glenn Robinson III.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. Intent On Improving Three-Point Shot
* Kuzma sez

Quote:
“The past couple of years, we’ve had four guys on the court and I’m the one you don’t have to respect too much from 3,” Nance said. “That changes this summer. I’m really looking forward to having guys close out on me. Once you close out on me, then the whole next progressions starts. Then I get my feet down and we get to show them some stuff.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-intent-on-improving-three-point-shot/2017/07/12/
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
* Kuzma sez

Quote:
“The past couple of years, we’ve had four guys on the court and I’m the one you don’t have to respect too much from 3,” Nance said. “That changes this summer. I’m really looking forward to having guys close out on me. Once you close out on me, then the whole next progressions starts. Then I get my feet down and we get to show them some stuff.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-intent-on-improving-three-point-shot/2017/07/12/

This is good to hear. The biggest hurdle that LNJ has to clear is having the willingness to pull the trigger. He's a reluctant shooter in the same way LO was. He may improve his ability to hit the 3 this summer, but when the regular season rolls around, he needs to show the willingness to make the defense pay for leaving him open.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
* Kuzma sez

Quote:

This is good to hear. The biggest hurdle that LNJ has to clear is having the willingness to pull the trigger. He's a reluctant shooter in the same way LO was. He may improve his ability to hit the 3 this summer, but when the regular season rolls around, he needs to show the willingness to make the defense pay for leaving him open.

Preach.

Easily one of the most frustrating aspects of Laker game watching the past 2 seasons is imploring Jr to nut up and shoot the freaking rock. Pull that trigger Larry!!! Dude knows how to hesitate to absolutely kill possessions with false politeness. For a guy that knows how to polish people with supreme posterizations, he has so little aggression.

I'm praying this is the season he steps up.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
* Kuzma sez

Quote:

Preach.

Easily one of the most frustrating aspects of Laker game watching the past 2 seasons is imploring Jr to nut up and shoot the freaking rock. Pull that trigger Larry!!! Dude knows how to hesitate to absolutely kill possessions with false politeness. For a guy that knows how to polish people with supreme posterizations, he has so little aggression.

LNjr's 3 pt. shot should be much improved, if not, it will open up minutes for Kuzma.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
* Kuzma sez

Quote:

Preach.

It would also help if Luke starts the season by giving him the greenlight to shoot that 3 ball. Randle and Nance shot more 3s to end the season because people feel that Luke didn't give them the greenlight to do so until then. Luke needs to take the lid off and allow the bigs to let it fly.
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

if im in charge of his development i tell him to bulk the (bleep) up, cause kuzma and deng are probably better shooters than he will ever be and without black he will need to play heavy minutes at the five. zubac isnt looking too sharp too, so there are a lot of minutes for him to play
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Cool story about Larry Nance Jr.'s support of the troops from a very early age.

The Washington Post wrote:
'Those letters got me thru’: A U.S. soldier’s young pen pal grew up to be a Laker
By Scott Allen July 23 at 5:36 PM

Fourteen years ago, 10-year-old Larry Nance Jr. exchanged letters as part of a pen pal program with U.S. soldier Bianca Snow, who was stationed overseas. Nance, now a 24-year-old forward with the Los Angeles Lakers, never met Snow, but he might get the chance to do so this season after she reached out to him on Twitter to share just how much his letters meant to her at the time.

LINK
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Who wants to play forward minutes for the Lakers this year. Mr. Kuzma has already stepped up to the microphone. Bring your game (don't forget your jump shot!) or go to the bench and keep towels ready for the big boys.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Second-generation NBA players discuss the pros and cons of following in their fathers' footsteps

Larry Nance Jr.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/03/04/second-generation-nba-players-discuss-the-pros-and-cons-of-following-in-their-fathers-footsteps/
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Everybody is talking about Julius Randle offseason workouts, but on LA Lakers Facebook page there is a picture of Nance working out and he is looking great.

Good for us.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

"Like father, like son"

https://twitter.com/Larrydn22/status/898265624912183296
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. Gives His Important Games For Next Season

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-video-larry-nance-jr-gives-his-important-games-for-next-season/2017/08/15/
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Hope front office trades him for Glenn Robinson III.

Russian fake news claim.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Everybody is talking about Julius Randle offseason workouts, but on LA Lakers Facebook page there is a picture of Nance working out and he is looking great.

Good for us.

He needs a publicist/trainer like Jules.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
nash wrote:

Good for us.

He is way too quiet.

Nance was our best PF last two seasons, but he lacks the fire to claim the starting position.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
nash wrote:

Good for us.

He is way too quiet.

Nance was our best PF last two seasons, but he lacks the fire to claim the starting position.

And the skill and health
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
nash wrote:

Good for us.

He is way too quiet.

Wasn't this suppose to be the stats driven, analytics friendly coach?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
acer77 wrote:

Russian fake news claim.

Wow. What page was that comment from?
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Larry nance if he learns to shoot will be the guy the underrated guy that does all the things that don't show on he stat sheet. He hustles. He plays defense. Is infinitely athletic. All he needs is confidence to call his own number.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
acer77 wrote:

Russian fake news claim.

Wow. What page was that comment from?

Larry did make that statement but it seemed more like a joke gone bad. He tweeted that he sure hopes Kobe can keep his hands to himself in Denver this time and then hashtagged #rapist when they were playing Denver in the playoffs in 2012. He was also complimentary of Kobe numerous times on his Twitter though, seems like he was trying to be funny. After the Lakers drafted him he quickly deleted it and apologized to Kobe afterwards.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 179 of 221
Jump to: