OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Nance for even James Harden if Morey called me. Maybe if he begged and threw in a first rounder. Maybe.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Miss this dude.

Same. Especially after 6 blow-out losses in a row (Nance being out essentially for the last 5)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Miss this dude.

It's more angering that Byron decided Ryan Kelly was worth giving minutes to over Tarik Black.

When Nance went down you'd assume Black would start getting minutes and Black would be moved to the 4 where he should have been.

Nope...
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject:

Black can't stretch the floor and not that mobile.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
I wouldn't trade Nance for even James Harden if Morey called me. Maybe if he begged and threw in a first rounder. Maybe.

? Still waiting for the punch line
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Snipes wrote:

? Still waiting for the punch line

Umm, what? Harden leads the league in fts and you wouldnt trade Nance... i mean i like Nance but waht?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/691725888128487424
he's scrimmaging today
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/691725888128487424
he's scrimmaging today

Great link. Posted it in the DLO thread as well.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Black can't stretch the floor and not that mobile.

Ryan Kelly also can't stretch the floor and is also not mobile.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Nance Jr. not gonna participate in the dunk contest this year probably for the best
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

Funny predicament I find myself in after reading this. I'm not a huge fan of Harden. Impact player, yeah. I can do without the bobble head routine on a nightly basis though. Better yet, every-play-down-the-court basis.

Nance on the other hand has been pretty impressive as well. I won't pretend he is a superstar, nor will I pretend he will transform into one in the future. But they play different positions and have different impacts on the court. The biggest difference is Harden is expected to have a team molded around him with the intent of being a contender. That, I will never buy into. No team will ever win a championship with Harden as their leader. Matter of fact, I'll bold it for you guys "No team will ever win a championship with Harden as their leader". He's just not that guy. He's 2 steps under Charles Barkley.

So with that premise, I would prefer Nance and his contract (future contracts as well) over bobble head. Keep the kid and find another cornerstone.

Let's not mistake the "Nance/Harden" argument as "the better player" argument. Invest in Nance and you have options for a contender. Invest in Harden and you've already played your best hand.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Funny predicament I find myself in after reading this. I'm not a huge fan of Harden. Impact player, yeah. I can do without the bobble head routine on a nightly basis though. Better yet, every-play-down-the-court basis.

Nance on the other hand has been pretty impressive as well. I won't pretend he is a superstar, nor will I pretend he will transform into one in the future. But they play different positions and have different impacts on the court. The biggest difference is Harden is expected to have a team molded around him with the intent of being a contender. That, I will never buy into. No team will ever win a championship with Harden as their leader. Matter of fact, I'll bold it for you guys "No team will ever win a championship with Harden as their leader". He's just not that guy. He's 2 steps under Charles Barkley.

So with that premise, I would prefer Nance and his contract (future contracts as well) over bobble head. Keep the kid and find another cornerstone.

Let's not mistake the "Nance/Harden" argument as "the better player" argument. Invest in Nance and you have options for a contender. Invest in Harden and you've already played your best hand.

No offense but youre just wrong and Im happy your not the GM. Harden >> Nance, no matter what their contract is. If we traded for Harden i would be going
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:

No offense but youre just wrong and Im happy your not the GM. Harden >> Nance, no matter what their contract is. If we traded for Harden i would be going

Read the last line one more time...

Or for the first time.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Or for the first time.

I stand by my statement.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Nance opts to skip potential dunk contest invitation due to precautions over knee.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14647711/larry-nance-jr-los-angeles-lakers-rules-dunk-contest-due-knee-wants-future-shot
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Or for the first time.

O i read it... and?

Well in that case I'm happy you're not the GM. I was never a fan of the Nick Van Exel Lakers. I'm a fan of winning championships. Please tell us how James Harden will lead us (or any team) to a championship. Before you ask me how Larry Nance Jr. will, reread that last line again, comprehend it this time and get back to me.

Thanks fella.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I like Nance but its a strange leap to go from no team will win a championship with Harden as its leader (debateable) to not being willing to trade Nance for Harden. No team is ever going to be a contender with Nance as its best player. So I'm not sure what the point was supposed to be.

Nance has far exceeded expectations. He looks like he has even more upside still. I couldn't be happier with the guy. But Harden is a top ten player, which Nance will never be. People said the same stuff about Kobe after Shaq left, that he'd never win a title on his own. Robert Horry was one of the great role players in league history. Any GM in NBA history would have traded Robert Horry for Kobe Bryant. Nance could go on to be an Horry level role player. I could see that happening. But you still wouldn't trade a top ten talent for him.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Or for the first time.

O i read it... and?

Well in that case I'm happy you're not the GM. I was never a fan of the Nick Van Exel Lakers. I'm a fan of winning championships. Please tell us how James Harden will lead us (or any team) to a championship. Before you ask me how Larry Nance Jr. will, reread that last line again, comprehend it this time and get back to me.

Thanks fella.

Harden is one of the best players in the league. Dude averages 10 fts a game, if he's not worth a max contract who is? O yeah James >>>> Nick
marloveslakers24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

i'm not a fan of harden, but
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I like Nance but its a strange leap to go from no team will win a championship with Harden as its leader (debateable) to not being willing to trade Nance for Harden. No team is ever going to be a contender with Nance as its best player. So I'm not sure what the point was supposed to be.

Nance has far exceeded expectations. He looks like he has even more upside still. I couldn't be happier with the guy. But Harden is a top ten player, which Nance will never be. People said the same stuff about Kobe after Shaq left, that he'd never win a title on his own. Robert Horry was one of the great role players in league history. Any GM in NBA history would have traded Robert Horry for Kobe Bryant. Nance could go on to be an Horry level role player. I could see that happening. But you still wouldn't trade a top ten talent for him.

No. I don't want to explain my post for the simple fact that I made it very clear in perfect english. Nance is not a franchise player. Harden is. That in no way implies he is a championship leader. He is a foul bucket with some skill. That's my opinion. Keep Nance and the Lakers have options for a higher plateau. Get Harden and they've capped themselves out with his free-throw line abilities.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Or for the first time.

O i read it... and?

Thanks fella.

Harden is one of the best players in the league. Dude averages 10 fts a game, if he's not worth a max contract who is? O yeah James >>>> Nick

Ya, Corey Maggettie was up there too. Show me a list of elite free-throw attempt leaders and then show me how many of them won (or lead their team to) championships.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Corey Maggettie was a beast but Harden >>> Corey. I think you value max contracts too much. They're some players who deserve the Max. Harden is one of them.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject:

I'm a big Nance fan, but cmon we'd be stupid to not make that trade. I'm not a big fan of Harden, but he is an elite player. Will he ever win the championship as a number one guy? Who knows, but he did lead the Rockets to the West Finals last year. His supporting cast isn't that great. Dwight is done. Lawson is a solid point guard, but they don't really fit together. Ariza is probably their third best player. That's not a recipe for success. Not disrespect, but he's a role player not a featured guy. The rest of their roster is nothing to write home about.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Corey Maggettie was a beast but Harden >>> Corey. I think you value max contracts too much. They're some players who deserve the Max. Harden is one of them.

Maggette fan here. He dropped 50 on Kobe.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles LakersVerified account ‏@Lakers

Byron Scott says that Larry Nance Jr. will probably return to the starting lineup tomorrow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 82 of 221
Jump to: