OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject:

Lance is back! Now I have reason to watch the starting line up and the bench.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Snipes wrote:
I wouldn't trade Nance for even James Harden if Morey called me. Maybe if he begged and threw in a first rounder. Maybe.

Funny predicament I find myself in after reading this. I'm not a huge fan of Harden. Impact player, yeah. I can do without the bobble head routine on a nightly basis though. Better yet, every-play-down-the-court basis.

Nance on the other hand has been pretty impressive as well. I won't pretend he is a superstar, nor will I pretend he will transform into one in the future. But they play different positions and have different impacts on the court. The biggest difference is Harden is expected to have a team molded around him with the intent of being a contender. That, I will never buy into. No team will ever win a championship with Harden as their leader. Matter of fact, I'll bold it for you guys "No team will ever win a championship with Harden as their leader". He's just not that guy. He's 2 steps under Charles Barkley.

So with that premise, I would prefer Nance and his contract (future contracts as well) over bobble head. Keep the kid and find another cornerstone.

Let's not mistake the "Nance/Harden" argument as "the better player" argument. Invest in Nance and you have options for a contender. Invest in Harden and you've already played your best hand.

No offense but youre just wrong and Im happy your not the GM. Harden >> Nance, no matter what their contract is. If we traded for Harden i would be going

Read the last line one more time...

Or for the first time.

O i read it... and?

Well in that case I'm happy you're not the GM. I was never a fan of the Nick Van Exel Lakers. I'm a fan of winning championships. Please tell us how James Harden will lead us (or any team) to a championship. Before you ask me how Larry Nance Jr. will, reread that last line again, comprehend it this time and get back to me.

Thanks fella.

Harden is one of the best players in the league. Dude averages 10 fts a game, if he's not worth a max contract who is? O yeah James >>>> Nick

Ya, Corey Maggettie was up there too. Show me a list of elite free-throw attempt leaders and then show me how many of them won (or lead their team to) championships.

I kinda understand what Legacy is talking about and maybe mostly I agree. Every team has certain roles to fill and Nance does his very well for a rookie and look promising for a better future. ie: playing hard, getting rebounds, good motor. And he's just fun to root for. On the other hand, Harden is that "superstar" who is an elite scorer and iso's alot (I assume, I didn't look at his assist totals). Problem, he plays no defense and isn't a transcendent (ie: prime Kobe, Magic, Bird, Jordan) player that his output outweighs his negatives. I mean, his Rockets are kinda iffy right now so he's not carrying them on his own to a better record. But that being said, I probably would make that trade straigh up and try to get Thibideau to hold him accountable. Or turn it around and make a better trade....Oklahoma?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Ya, Corey Maggettie was up there too. Show me a list of elite free-throw attempt leaders and then show me how many of them won (or lead their team to) championships.

Kobe Bryant. Shaq. Lebron James. Michael Jordan.

I'm not sure getting a lot of FT attempts precludes one from leading a team to a chip. IMO, it's more about what other things they're doing.

In Harden's case, his leadership (or lack thereof) and lack of defense. Those are the things those other guys had in addition to a large number of FT attempts.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

I'm not sure getting a lot of FT attempts precludes one from leading a team to a chip. IMO, it's more about what other things they're doing.

In Harden's case, his leadership (or lack thereof) and lack of defense. Those are the things those other guys had in addition to a large number of FT attempts.

That's kinda my point. Compare those guys with all the other FT attempt leaders and tell me where Harden fits in to that. Harden is no Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Lebron James or Michael Jordan.

My opinion on the man wont change. He will not lead a team to a championship with what he brings to the game.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

That's kinda my point. Compare those guys with all the other FT attempt leaders and tell me where Harden fits in to that. Harden is no Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Lebron James or Michael Jordan.

My opinion on the man wont change. He will not lead a team to a championship with what he brings to the game.

Agreed that Harden is not like Kobe.

The FT attempts are entirely irrelevant. They have nothing to do with anything so I'm not sure why you asked for a list of players who are elite at drawing fouls and how many rings they've won. You can draw lots of fouls and win rings, and you can draw lots of fouls and not win rings.

Plus, I think if you give Harden a more than capable big and a defensive-minded wing, he'd have a chance in spite of his defense.

In either case, Harden is clearly a max contract type player. But IMO on the lower rung of max contract players. His FT attempts don't really say anything other than he is a master at drawing the whistle.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Agreed that Harden is not like Kobe.

The FT attempts are entirely irrelevant. They have nothing to do with anything so I'm not sure why you asked for a list of players who are elite at drawing fouls and how many rings they've won. You can draw lots of fouls and win rings, and you can draw lots of fouls and not win rings.

Plus, I think if you give Harden a more than capable big and a defensive-minded wing, he'd have a chance in spite of his defense.

In either case, Harden is clearly a max contract type player. But IMO on the lower rung of max contract players. His FT attempts don't really say anything other than he is a master at drawing the whistle.

Yeah, if you look back at the debate I had with another poster earlier, my entire point was that Harden is a skilled player but not a guy you invest into leading your team to a championship. IMO of course. The free-throw angle was just one direction the convo went in.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Yeah, if you look back at the debate I had with another poster earlier, my entire point was that Harden is a skilled player but not a guy you invest into leading your team to a championship. IMO of course. The free-throw angle was just one direction the convo went in.

I wouldn't invest in him either. I just don't like him -- he's not the type of player I'd want to lead my team.

That said, he's talented enough IMO, that if you give him a top big man, a defensive-minded wing, and a good PG shooter, I think he might get close if not steal one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

It was great to see Nance Jr back in action.
Larry may not be 100% but he did show good hustle on both ends of the court with decent defense and seven rebounds.
It may take a few games to get his "game legs" back under him.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

I wouldn't invest in him either. I just don't like him -- he's not the type of player I'd want to lead my team.

That said, he's talented enough IMO, that if you give him a top big man, a defensive-minded wing, and a good PG shooter, I think he might get close if not steal one.

Like Dwight Howard, Ariza and...Jason Terry?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

So he's Richard Hamilton with the 04 Pistons?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Good to have Nance back, no more Kelly.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Nice active bounceback game for Larry after sitting out. He's just a fun player to watch.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah always good to have nance over kelly.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject:

I really like Nance. Idk y, probably cz he tweeted the Denver stuff about Kobe.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

Nance had a great sequence in last night's game against the Bulls - Reggie Miller started talking him up and all of a sudden he was everywhere - rebounding, scoring, passing, defense
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

Grow up man. Are you 10? I feel really bad for you. Im not even joking
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Grow up man. Are you 10? I feel really bad for you. Im not even joking

TROLL PATROL
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Isn't Snipes dead already in another thread?

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

He's shaking off the rust. I expect him to be back to form soon.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

Portis took it to him, good pick by the Bulls
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

1-4 with 4 points Portis? Yeah I don't know how Larry will recover.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

1-4 with 4 points Portis? Yeah I don't know how Larry will recover.

I take it you didn't watch the game and watched the box score instead. If you had watched the game you would have seen Portis dominate Nance on the boards.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
Nance had a great sequence in last night's game against the Bulls - Reggie Miller started talking him up and all of a sudden he was everywhere - rebounding, scoring, passing, defense

Yeah but what about Portis taking him apart on the boards? Those extra 2 mucked up everything...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Like Dwight Howard, Ariza and...Jason Terry?

No. Ok Ariza maybe sure, Dwight no. Terry is 73 years old dude.

I'm talking about getting Harden a top big man in the game, and a knock down shooter (like 40% ish) at the PG spot to complement his game. Plus, a lockdown wing defender to take the pressure off.

Get him those and im not saying its a lock, but, he'd have a chance for sure.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

It'll be interesting to see how much strength Larry can add now that he has access to a full-time nutritionist (I hope has a full-time nutritionist) and consistent medical treatment. Dealing with Crohn's as a student athlete while rehabbing his knee obviously limited him. But if Larry can get more wiry strong by the age of 25-26, he'll be better equipped to deal with bigger PFs like Portis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 83 of 221
Jump to: