OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

He's going to be our Serge Ibaka if the guy can refine his jumper.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone else feel like Ljr could be the Robert Baratheon to Julius' Rhaegar?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I like that comp. Ibaka's jumper improved over time. Now the question is, would LNJ be able to punch Blake Griffin in the wontons when it comes to it?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
Does anyone else feel like Ljr could be the Robert Baratheon to Julius' Rhaegar?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Isn't LNJ better than Simmons? They seem similar do we need Simmons if we have LNJ already? He has the athleticism and the out side shot.
Maybe Ingram is our man. Simmons is the enigma that the Australian kid from 2 years ago was. Forgot his name was on Utah jazz

um...wow...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I want him so badly to turn into our small-ball Center. For let's say 18 out of his 28 minutes.
I definitely believe in his jumper, 3pt range included. And he talked about "dribble moves" in his exit interview - which he's flashed here and there in college, and he actually wasn't scared to dribble the ball as a rookie, no dribble moves but he'd take it up the court once in a blue moon.

Maybe going against slow Centers would give him the confidence to drive more and pull out dribble moves more. His 3pt range is legit, automatic in YouTube workouts and reportedly beat our guards in 3pt shootouts in practice.
Optimistically he should be able to protect the rim and hit 3s as our 5, at least.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I want him so badly to turn into our small-ball Center. For let's say 18 out of his 28 minutes.
I definitely believe in his jumper, 3pt range included. And he talked about "dribble moves" in his exit interview - which he's flashed here and there in college, and he actually wasn't scared to dribble the ball as a rookie, no dribble moves but he'd take it up the court once in a blue moon.

Maybe going against slow Centers would give him the confidence to drive more and pull out dribble moves more. His 3pt range is legit, automatic in YouTube workouts and reportedly beat our guards in 3pt shootouts in practice.
Optimistically he should be able to protect the rim and hit 3s as our 5, at least.
Yup. Ingram allows us to do just that with his length.

PG.D'angelo
SG.barnes
SF.ingram
PF.randle
C.nance

I would be totally fine with this team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
Isn't LNJ better than Simmons? They seem similar do we need Simmons if we have LNJ already? He has the athleticism and the out side shot.
Maybe Ingram is our man. Simmons is the enigma that the Australian kid from 2 years ago was. Forgot his name was on Utah jazz

um...wow...

Exum was injured last season but he is developing quite nicely. I wouldn't overlook either of these guys.
As much as I like Nance it's obvious that Simmons has way more upside.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject:

Ibaka, wow, lofty goal but why not. Lead league in blocks, anchor team defense, guard opposite team star big and now shooting 3s

I'll start with getting to Ibaka's back up, Kanter. Improve rebounding, improve passing, improve finishes around rim, decent post D
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Larry doesn't look like that kind of innate shot-blocker even though he has all the physical tools to be one. He's much more of a natural steals guy who can hopefully switch onto perimeter players if need be. But he needs to improve a lot on defense over last season - added strength, better awareness, and better scheme/team can help him a lot.

Offensively, I think he could end up being more dynamic than Ibaka. He's shown a nice pump-fake and drive ability, good passing instincts for a PF, and a little right-handed hook. If he can extend his range, he may end up more impactful on offense than defense.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
I almost think Larry would be a better starting PF next year than Randle, at least when it comes to fitting within a flowing offense where the ball doesn't stick and open shots are found. He can shoot from outside better than Randle and finish at the rim better than Randle, while also not ever needing the ball in his hands.

Yes. I was one of the few people in favor of Byron benching Randle in favor of Gary. I think he won a lot of people over with his play after that. The ball doesn't stick in his hands, he's a more willing screen setter, and as you said a better midrange shooter. The stats might not show it, but I thought he was a better rookie than Randle. He has a better grasp of the overall team concept.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Rawr wrote:
I almost think Larry would be a better starting PF next year than Randle, at least when it comes to fitting within a flowing offense where the ball doesn't stick and open shots are found. He can shoot from outside better than Randle and finish at the rim better than Randle, while also not ever needing the ball in his hands.

Yes. I was one of the few people in favor of Byron benching Randle in favor of Gary. I think he won a lot of people over with his play after that. The ball doesn't stick in his hands, he's a more willing screen setter, and as you said a better midrange shooter. The stats might not show it, but I thought he was a better rookie than Randle. He has a better grasp of the overall team concept.

Me too.

Julius has talent, but also some major flaws and didn't have a clue about what to do on the floor early. Nance don't have the same upside, but he was more NBA ready last season.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

I loved how Nance either took a shot / attacked the basket or moved the ball quickly.

Looks like him and Anthony Brown are puttin' in the work already. If Nance can improve his ball handling and his mid-range + 3 point shot? Yikes.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Robert Horry part 2 (minus the clutch) if he develops a 3 ball
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

um...wow...

Exum was injured last season but he is developing quite nicely. I wouldn't overlook either of these guys.

100%, Exum put on a monster performance before the injury. No idea if he continues to develop at the pace he was but he's not an enigma, really, he stepped up.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
Robert Horry part 2 (minus the clutch) if he develops a 3 ball

That is exactly the kind of player I believe he is going to be, hopefully with the clutch part too.

To me:
Gary Lancy ~ Robert Horry
JC ~ Byron Scott
Dlo ~ Harden
Julius - I don't have a clue, but the boy can rebound the ball and is a bull
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

um...wow...

100%, Exum put on a monster performance before the injury. No idea if he continues to develop at the pace he was but he's not an enigma, really, he stepped up.

For a few games in Summer League? Because his rookie season was pretty putrid.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I loved how Nance either took a shot / attacked the basket or moved the ball quickly.

Looks like him and Anthony Brown are puttin' in the work already. If Nance can improve his ball handling and his mid-range + 3 point shot? Yikes.

Nance can shoot, he really has a nice stroke. There is nothing wrong with his shot, he just would not take it because he is un-selfish. He has good mechanics, it's not like Blake who had none. I think we will see him take more shots next season.

AB3 is my man too, we are good hands. I can't wait for the season to start!
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Rawr wrote:

Me too.

Julius has talent, but also some major flaws and didn't have a clue about what to do on the floor early. Nance don't have the same upside, but he was more NBA ready last season.

We're multiplying.

I think Walton will look at Net impact. A lot comes down to how much offence Russell, 2 and 3 can generate. If he deems it 'sufficient' I think Randle becomes a little redundant and Luke might consider it necessary to compensate for Russell, 2 and 3's defensive shortcomings.
This is looking at things as they currently stand.

However, if say we acquire a defensive 2 and obviously an anchor at the 5, Luke might consider a line up with Ljr at the 4 too limited offensively. So Randle, he might decide, would be needed on the offence end.

In summary, it really boils down to who we get via FA and, I think to a larger extent, how much our young players develop.

Personally, I think Randle is going into the season as our starting 4, not unlike David Lee did before him but if Luke feels that Ljr, who already has a better midranger, offers a greater Net gain, considering both sides of the floor, than Randle, just like Steve Kerr did before him, I don't think he'll hesitate to promote Nance Jr to the starting 5....just like Draymond Green was before him
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Nance can shoot, he really has a nice stroke. There is nothing wrong with his shot, he just would not take it because he is un-selfish. He has good mechanics, it's not like Blake who had none. I think we will see him take more shots next season.

AB3 is my man too, we are good hands. I can't wait for the season to start!

See, I was looking at it as him not being comfortable with his shot.

Either way, I'd imagine w/ Luke it'll be all about pace, pace, pace.. so take that shot Nance!

I'm curious to see how each player is used tbh. I don't know if i've ever been as excited about a Lakers team as I am this years lol.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject:

Lance needs to play with more confidence, I like him, a lot, and hope he continue to develop, but if he had that kobe-killer instinct, he would be awesome...!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. - All the Way Up
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

Larry is my favorite guy to watch on the Lakers right now. He gives it all on both ends.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Larry doesn't look like that kind of innate shot-blocker even though he has all the physical tools to be one. He's much more of a natural steals guy who can hopefully switch onto perimeter players if need be. But he needs to improve a lot on defense over last season - added strength, better awareness, and better scheme/team can help him a lot.

Offensively, I think he could end up being more dynamic than Ibaka. He's shown a nice pump-fake and drive ability, good passing instincts for a PF, and a little right-handed hook. If he can extend his range, he may end up more impactful on offense than defense.

For his athleticism he was a disappointing shot blocker and an inconsistent rebounder. Hopefully those things step up this season. You can use that athleticism for things other than flashy dunks.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

Love Nance. Great pick up. Only concern is health.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 93 of 221
Jump to: