OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Playing 15 minutes a game can sometimes make a player look really good or really bad.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I think Larry's going to play more in the regular season while Luke makes some decisions about who makes the team. Larry was getting into foul trouble the second Denver game and vs Portland, so he was taken out earlier.

He also looks like he's hesitating on his shot, and making some overly ambitious passes. He's looked generally frustrated the last couple games. Maybe like he's doing too much? Or just finding a way for his game to translate in the new system. I'd like to see his rebounding improve. I'm still all in on Nance.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Afrosho wrote:
I just hope it's not a physical issue, like his knees bothering him again. But clearly he hasn't been the same player for the last three games.

Yeah he hasn't had that usual explosiveness and high octane energy where it seems like he's in 2 places at once. Hopefully not a health issue.
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
Is Nance quick and agile enough to guard shooting guards out on the perimeter? I'm really bothered by all those three pointers guys like Tolliver were making on the Lakers. The Lakers need someone to lock down the hot hands.

Tolliver is a PF/SF, not guard.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject:

Nance is a solid back up 4, can start if needed to. I think we're pretty set on our PF combo of Randle/Nance for a while
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Might be wise to just let him be a 15-17ft shooter for now, and not ask him to extend to 3. money from there
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Better game from Nance tonight. I felt like his energy had dropped a bit the past couple games, but he was back in high energy mode tonight. Good game overall for him despite the blowout.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Nance > Randle and he deserves more minutes. I would even start him if I were Luke.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Nance > Randle and he deserves more minutes. I would even start him if I were Luke.

Agreed. It's pretty obvious to me.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

Nice game last night. Provided a lot of energy.

9 points, 3 rebounds w/ 4 steals!
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
He should but he won't.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

Definitely noticed more energy from him last night. Still not at his full speed but better than the last few games for sure.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

Basically what I get is that everyone here knows more than the coaches. Clearly there was an agenda why bscott was hired. He was kobes roadie. Luke wants to/needs to win. If nance starting gave us a better chance to win he starts. If nances value is elevated by coming off bench that's what he should do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
He should but he won't.

No he won't because he knows that what Randle can bring is much more than what Nance can bring. Nance is a poor rebounder for a big, and Mozgov is as well. We would be out rebounded like crazy if those two were in together. Nance is a much better fit with Black in the second unit.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

you might be able to argue that from a play style point of view (which I think will be more and more difficult as time goes on and Randle gets more consistent), but he certainly hasn't outplayed Randle in this preseason so far.

Nance has been pretty invisible for the last 3-4 games. He along with Julius was pretty bad against the Ws on Saturday until their deep bench came in in garbage time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

you might be able to argue that from a play style point of view (which I think will be more and more difficult as time goes on and Randle gets more consistent), but he certainly hasn't outplayed Randle in this preseason so far.

Nance has been pretty invisible for the last 3-4 games. He along with Julius was pretty bad against the Ws on Saturday until their deep bench came in in garbage time.

The people that want him to start went deafly silent when he wasn't making much of an impact for a few straight games only to reappear again when Nance had a good one again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

The people that want him to start went deafly silent when he wasn't making much of an impact for a few straight games only to reappear again when Nance had a good one again.

Exactly, and to me he didn't even have a good game. He didn't start to play better until the game was essentially over lol.

I want Julius & Nance both to be successful to give the best chance of winning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Isn't this the same one-upsmanship nonsense that keeps messing up the Randle, Russell, and Clarkson threads?

I want to see him start. Still here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Exactly, and to me he didn't even have a good game. He didn't start to play better until the game was essentially over lol.

I want Julius & Nance both to be successful to give the best chance of winning.

Yes, they will likely be our PF combination for years, so we need both to be successful.
lamscott
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

His motor is what I enjoy. He needs to work on his skill level. Hopefully he gains a jumper.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Nance finished the preseason averaging 1.5 steals in less than 20 minutes per game. That's impressive. Solid 10 and 9 tonight in just 19 minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Good rebounding game tonight. I sometimes criticize him for poor rebounding, but have to call him out when he does a very good job.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I think he may have won the starting spot tonight.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject:

Anyone have Nance stats on 15 feet and outside? He seems to be hitting at a high rate
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I think he may have won the starting spot tonight.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 130 of 221
Jump to: