OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

I really wish the Spectrum Laker commercials that talk about the young exciting core would include Nance!

they only have Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and Russell... (sad)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
He would be in line for a Clarkson type of deal, I don't see him commanding more.

But Clarkson could have earned more from teams like Philly or maybe Nets. Teams that needed talent at the guard spot, and he signed for what was considered a home discount.

Teams needing a forward could overpay for him. I also won't forget how high the Spurs were on him pre-draft. Lakers gotta lock up this guy.

I doubt Larry even hits restricted free agency in summer 2019. The only question will be how much he earns on his extension.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
He would be in line for a Clarkson type of deal, I don't see him commanding more.

But Clarkson could have earned more from teams like Philly or maybe Nets. Teams that needed talent at the guard spot, and he signed for what was considered a home discount.

Teams needing a forward could overpay for him. I also won't forget how high the Spurs were on him pre-draft. Lakers gotta lock up this guy.

While money is a factor, there are others. He likes it here. He likes his teammates. He's in the perfect role for his abilities. His coach seems to be okay and the team in general appears to be on the upswing.

Would an extra few million make it worth it to go to a potential dumpster fire of a team?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance will get his money

but what will Gary Lance get ?
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

While money is a factor, there are others. He likes it here. He likes his teammates. He's in the perfect role for his abilities. His coach seems to be okay and the team in general appears to be on the upswing.

Would an extra few million make it worth it to go to a potential dumpster fire of a team?

With his personality, I think he could make that money back in other ways being in LA. Especially if the Lakers are competing for championships.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of basketball, after 21 games, Dlo and Young are out and the offense is needing help. Ingram is asserting himself offensively by shooting shots when it's called for. Larry is passing up too many shots for my taste, playing too unselfish. He needs to be a threat to do something besides dunk and rebound. He practiced shooting all off season but he's rarely doing it outside in games. Go figure.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Any update on his injury. Too disgusted to watch post game.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Said just bumped knees, may be able to play tomorrow.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Said just bumped knees, may be able to play tomorrow.

Thx. I accept injuries are part of the game, but it really sucks when it happens all at once
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

listed as questionable with a right knee contusion
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Gary is the most underrated player on our roster.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:

Not here, he is overrated.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Fun fact (although a little depressing): Larry leads the team in assist-to-turnover ratio.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Probably helps that he's not a ball handler
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Probably helps that he's not a ball handler

Of course, but it shows that he's not careless. Another Laker does not crack the top 100.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/assist-to-turnover-ratio
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakersneuron wrote:

Not here, he is overrated.

BPM tells us he is our best player. PER and WS are telling he is our second best player behind Lou.

Overrated he is not.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

You can't say x is overrated or underrated on lg because the fanbase is significantly divided on literally everything
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
You can't say x is overrated or underrated on lg because the fanbase is significantly divided on literally everything

It is when posters talk about him being our MVP that I see him being overrated. I love Nance and was excited when we drafted him, but while he is a very important player on the team, there are others that are just better. And that is one of Nance's strengths, he understands what he can do and doesn't try to do more. My only complaints about him were rebounding, which is doing a better job of this season, and passing up open shots. And he has been doing that less lately as well.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't say Nance is underrated because a ton of people around the league and in the Laker fandom are high on him.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

It is when posters talk about him being our MVP that I see him being overrated. I love Nance and was excited when we drafted him, but while he is a very important player on the team, there are others that are just better. And that is one of Nance's strengths, he understands what he can do and doesn't try to do more. My only complaints about him were rebounding, which is doing a better job of this season, and passing up open shots. And he has been doing that less lately as well.

They've been winning games and outscoring opponents (15 out of 20 games before last night) largely because of the bench. I think he's co-MVP with Lou.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I have it tougher to believe about someone being our MVP without the stats telling the same. It's not the case with Nance, but when someone with Nance's profile is a top 3 player it's a sign that your roster is lacking top quality talent.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not guaranteed Clarkson would have gotten more.

Quote:
Clarkson and the Lakers could have engaged in a prolonged stalemate as they waited for a team to offer him that Arenas provision contract in restricted free agency, but they instead moved quickly on a deal for $8 million less than he could have signed.

He would have had to sign a poison pill contract w/ another team. As a restricted free agent, the other teams know the Lakers would likely match.

If he doesn't get that poison pill contract offer from other team and enters into a prolonged stalemate w/ the Lakers, he might not get as much as he did in the end.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Not going to get into the over rated/under rated argument but I think without Nance we almost certainly have more losses. I just like the way he plays. He makes mistakes and doesn't have the greatest skill set but he does his best to help the team win. You see guys way more talented physically and skill wise that have less positive impact.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

They've been winning games and outscoring opponents (15 out of 20 games before last night) largely because of the bench. I think he's co-MVP with Lou.

I don't think that this team is good enough to have a MVP. And penalizing starters because they are playing against other starters doesn't make sense. If it were Randle and DLO with the bench unit they would be tearing things up. We see how our bench unit loses parts of leads when the other team puts in their starters.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan of Nance, but he's nowhere near our second best player. Probably the 5th or 6th best. He's a tough player to rank though because he's reasonably good at most things without being exceptional at them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 148 of 221
Jump to: