OFFICIAL ANTHONY BROWN THREAD - (WAIVED - p49; WAIVED AGAIN - p65)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Cochese wrote:
Here are his numbers for NO:

15.9 MPG
3.8 PPG
2.9 RPG
0.7 APG
34% FG
25% 3PT
0% FT (no attempts)
9 games played.

The Pelicans gave him a shot and sadly, he didn't produce. If he could get this threes dropping he could salvage a career for himself.

I feel bad for him. I know it didn't work out with us, but he seems like a good kid and its kind of sad.

Those numbers look familiar. He was putting up incredible numbers in the d-league, which is what prompted NO to sign him. I wonder if he's dealing with a mental block or if he simply can't get his shot off comfortably against NBA defenders.

Definitely mental. The day he was drafted I posted that he looked like a deer in headlights. If he just shot 37% from 3 he'd be a nba player. He's capable of doing that, but not everyone is cut out for the big stage and bright lights.

(0:03 - 0:10) He stares into your soul.

Just by watching his interviews after the draft I could tell he was somewhat awkward and possibly lacking confidence. You can tell by his body language in that interview, and there is another video with him in the Sportsnet Studio after the draft and he just looked awkward and unsure of himself. Compare his interviews with D'Angelo, LNJr, JR and you'll see a significant difference. I always thought maybe he was just a little shy, and I'm sure he is a great guy, but it seems like that personality has rubbed off on him on the court. You need to have confidence to make it in this league and I don't think he has that, at least not right now. I never got the sense that he truly believed what he was saying in his interviews, even during the summer league when he proclaimed himself the best defender on the team. Contrast that with D'Lo, when he was a rookie proclaiming "you've seen nothing yet," you could tell he believed in his game and what he has to offer, never got that sense from Brown.

And in case anyone takes this the wrong way, I'm not attacking Brown or saying anything is wrong with him. Just trying to confirm that confidence may very well be the biggest problem he has. He obviously has the tools and the skill to play in this league, but I've never seen him exude any confidence in himself or show any "nastiness." I hope he can turn it around and find a place in the league. He's a local kid, grew up a Laker fan, can't help but to root for him.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
Brown has been terrible. 100%. Gaaaaahhhhbaaage. That said. Look at his numbers. If he played 24 minutes, I'd guess he'd be right around what Deng is producing. Sooo.....

Trade Deng for Shabazz and Pekovic. Waive Pekovic

Resign Brown.

Save money.

And strike out in free agency again and again and again cause you never make the team any better Didn't we learn our lesson with the last 3 off-seasons?

Glad the front office at least did.

If I eat at Mcdonalds and spend 1.59 on a McDouble. I really don't have much room for complaint. Now if I dropped 18.00 on a burger and it was just a little better than the 1.59 burger. I'd be pissed. Deng is the 18.00 burger. I don't know what the future holds or moves we make I just know Deng is an overcooked 18.00 burger. Gimme a McDouble and I save 16.40 and I can grab a Costco hot dog and a coke. Then a sundae from baskin Robbins.

Longtime LG lurker.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
Brown has been terrible. 100%. Gaaaaahhhhbaaage. That said. Look at his numbers. If he played 24 minutes, I'd guess he'd be right around what Deng is producing. Sooo.....

Resign Brown.

Save money.

And strike out in free agency again and again and again cause you never make the team any better Didn't we learn our lesson with the last 3 off-seasons?

If I eat at Mcdonalds and spend 1.59 on a McDouble. I really don't have much room for complaint. Now if I dropped 18.00 on a burger and it was just a little better than the 1.59 burger. I'd be pissed. Deng is the 18.00 burger. I don't know what the future holds or moves we make I just know Deng is an overcooked 18.00 burger. Gimme a McDouble and I save 16.40 and I can grab a Costco hot dog and a coke. Then a sundae from baskin Robbins.

And you save money on breaking your TV from watching Deng play
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Cochese wrote:
Here are his numbers for NO:

15.9 MPG
3.8 PPG
2.9 RPG
0.7 APG
34% FG
25% 3PT
0% FT (no attempts)
9 games played.

The Pelicans gave him a shot and sadly, he didn't produce. If he could get this threes dropping he could salvage a career for himself.

I feel bad for him. I know it didn't work out with us, but he seems like a good kid and its kind of sad.

Those numbers look familiar. He was putting up incredible numbers in the d-league, which is what prompted NO to sign him. I wonder if he's dealing with a mental block or if he simply can't get his shot off comfortably against NBA defenders.

Definitely mental. The day he was drafted I posted that he looked like a deer in headlights. If he just shot 37% from 3 he'd be a nba player. He's capable of doing that, but not everyone is cut out for the big stage and bright lights.

(0:03 - 0:10) He stares into your soul.

The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:

Resign Brown.

Save money.

What TV??? 😂😂😂 I listen to the radio. I have kids and I'll be damned if I subject them to the dung frisbees Deng tosses at the front of the rim all game. Wide open looks too.

Longtime LG lurker.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:

Resign Brown.

Save money.

What TV??? 😂😂😂 I listen to the radio. I have kids and I'll be damned if I subject them to the dung frisbees Deng tosses at the front of the rim all game. Wide open looks too.

Bahahah. His nickname should be Dung Frisbees.
Kids might have to cover their ears as well if I'm in the room watching Deng lol
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I mean the second he releases the shot, it's destiny is to ricochet off the front of the rim so hard that opposing teams have no choice but to fast break.

Longtime LG lurker.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

MWP or Brown
Huertas or Brown
Deng or Brown

If there's one thing they need, it's a fresh set of legs on the defensive end. I don't even care who it is - Gary Payton II, Julian Jacobs, AB, ANYONE. They need another guard prospect to develop, if not for defensive reasons. When the game inevitably hits a stalemate, they'll need stops more than they will need scores, and no one on the roster is currently doing that, though Ingram will get there. Calderon and Huertas feel redundant to me. MWP is an assistant coach masquerading as a player.

AB averaged 30 in the d-league this year, but that's really more symbolic of how poor the d-league competition is. I don't think he belongs there IMO. I think his issues are primarily related to confidence. Pelicans have a revolving door policy for the 15th man, so I'm not surprised at what happened. They are more dysfunctional than the Wizards. Euro-ball would be nice, but I do think he gets picked up by another team. Spurs or Hawks would be great for him. Maybe even a brief hiatus to figure out his issues will help him out.

I wish him the best wherever he lands.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MWP or Brown
Huertas or Brown
Deng or Brown

If there's one thing they need, it's a fresh set of legs on the defensive end. I don't even care who it is - Gary Payton II, Julian Jacobs, AB, ANYONE. They need another guard prospect to develop, if not for defensive reasons. When the game inevitably hits a stalemate, they'll need stops more than they will need scores, and no one on the roster is currently doing that, though Ingram will get there. Calderon and Huertas feel redundant to me. MWP is an assistant coach masquerading as a player.

AB averaged 30 in the d-league this year, but that's really more symbolic of how poor the d-league competition is. I don't think he belongs there IMO. I think his issues are primarily related to confidence. Pelicans have a revolving door policy for the 15th man, so I'm not surprised at what happened. They are more dysfunctional than the Wizards. Euro-ball would be nice, but I do think he gets picked up by another team. Spurs or Hawks would be great for him. Maybe even a brief hiatus to figure out his issues will help him out.

GPII would be nice as another shot from Brown. On this current team I don't want to see Metta or Huertas play. At all.

Longtime LG lurker.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Honestly from a realistic perspective if Huertas can get a spot on a team then so can Brown and if it was up to me I'd cut Huertas and sign Brown assuming we wanted him back.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to everyone who posted since page 65. Gems, I tell you
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MWP or Brown
Huertas or Brown
Deng or Brown

GPII would be nice as another shot from Brown. On this current team I don't want to see Metta or Huertas play. At all.

Not gonna happen till the roster is healthy again.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Honestly from a realistic perspective if Huertas can get a spot on a team then so can Brown and if it was up to me I'd cut Huertas and sign Brown assuming we wanted him back.
I don't get all the Huertas hate. He's not a great defender, anymore than most of his teammates, but when he's on court with the right combination of guys, he tries to get the offense moving and does it better than anyone else. When Calderon started, they were slow and stale. Tonight against Phx, I see a guy who definitely has a place on this team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Bilbo is good for short periods of time, maybe 6 minutes. After that he becomes a diminishing return. As long as DLO is out I would start him and sub him out around the 6 minute mark.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Honestly I would like to see MWP waived and Brown resigned, I have seen so many positives from his game (1 being his underrated athleticism).

This guy can be like Shannon Brown for our team.

Id rather have Anthony Brown pass up a shot then MWP throw up any shot.
Also, hes a worlds better defender than MwP and most other Laker players which could really help.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

As others have said, even if it's not AB, someone with long term potential deserves a roster spot over MWP/Marcelo. Give me GP3 or Archie Goodwin
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
that's pretty harsh... he went 4-10 and 1-4 from the 3 point line the game before and they probably told him to keep shooting so... he did...

the next game he went: Anthony Brown 17:45 0-7 and 0-3 from the 3 point line and they cut his ass...

well... oh... who cares?

Probably Lakers do not want another Wesley Johnson in the making. But hey, Clippers has good use for Wesley Johnson.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Brown Returns to BayHawks

vs D-Fenders tonight.

http://erie.dleague.nba.com/news/anthony-brown-returns-bayhawks/
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Some were all up in arms when we cut this scrub. Sigh
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:

Not up in arms but he's better than Metta. He could help in spot duty where as Metta could help just as much as an assistant.

Longtime LG lurker.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Not up in arms but he's better than Metta. He could help in spot duty where as Metta could help just as much as an assistant.

Nope, he really isn't. that's the sad thing.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject:

So whaddaya know....Anthony Brown got cut AGAIN from a team, because he didn't produce anything in games.

*shocked face*

Some peeps here when he got picked up by Pelicans....

'buh, buh, buh, the Pelicans want him'

'see the Pelicans think he's good enough'

'*during Laker loss* and there's A Brown out there giving meaningful minutes for the pelicans'

All I can say is I told you so. He offered us nothing.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:

Resign Brown.

Save money.

Bahahah. His nickname should be Dung Frisbees.
Kids might have to cover their ears as well if I'm in the room watching Deng lol

" Look out, Dung!"
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject:

JeffreyRashad wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Honestly I would like to see MWP waived and Brown resigned, I have seen so many positives from his game (1 being his underrated athleticism).

yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
JeffreyRashad wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67
Jump to: