OFFICIAL ANTHONY BROWN THREAD - (WAIVED - p49; WAIVED AGAIN - p65)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
He's our new Sam Jacobson.

Or DGeorge. Which wouldnt be that bad.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

I haven't seen great defense from him..
I haven't seen good shooting from him..

and he hasn't shown much improvement. I want him to be good.. but it just ain't happening.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
He's our new Sam Jacobson.

Or DGeorge. Which wouldnt be that bad.

I am fine with that comparison and that role.

Brown has one year under his belt on a team (I'll be nice here) with a confusing system and expectations.

IMO Brown is a nice rotation player. Never going to be the "star" but helps the team in many little ways. The more I think about the D. George comparison, the more I like it. George played in the league over a decade and contributed.

If Brown can develop into 12-18mpg, make solid decisions and reads on both ends of the court and hit his 3's even in the low 30% range he can be a valuable role player.

I am giving him the benefit of doubt with the new coaching staff and direction.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dear God let it end. I'm gonna jump out the window if he takes the place of either August(e) or even Munford.
Be ready to be disappointed, he has this year guaranteed and I don't think that Auguste and Munford have impressed nearly enough to make it worth cutting Brown
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

Anthony Brown is the Lakers’ biggest question mark

Quote:
Even if Brown only becomes average from behind the arc, that will make him exactly the type of versatile, “three-and-D” style role player every modern NBA team covets due to his defensive value. Brown noted after the tournament that he appreciates the opportunities the Lakers have given him to show he can grow into such a role.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/7/15/12200768/la-lakers-anthony-brown-las-vegas-summer-league-stats-analysis-feature
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

and he hasn't shown much improvement. I want him to be good.. but it just ain't happening.

Anthony Brown is worse than Deavon George... .
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

AB did not get to workout all offseason as he was still recovering from the stress fracture. I liked that his offense started to come last night and will be interested to see how much he can improve before training camp. He has a shot he just needs to be consistent and he seems to know where to go in this offense.

With AB, Ingram, Nance and Deng we have some really good defensive players that can cover multiple positions. He knows he needs to work on making shots and he has between now and camp to figure it out. He seems like a guy who can be coached up.

Let's hope he makes the young core and shows he is a longer term asset.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

If Brown is still struggling with his shooting after the training camp and after the preseason schedule then Brown might not be in Luke's rotation at the start of next season so Brown always drop down to the D-League if that happens.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Both Browns are bleh
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I forgot about his injury from last year. Hopefully he can get it going through camp.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dear God let it end. I'm gonna jump out the window if he takes the place of either August(e) or even Munford.
Be ready to be disappointed, he has this year guaranteed and I don't think that Auguste and Munford have impressed nearly enough to make it worth cutting Brown

To be fair, he is better than Auguste and Munford.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
tox wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

To be fair, he is better than Auguste and Munford.

And to be fair, he isn't an impediment to either, either in role or roster slots.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm still rooting for this guy. I think the new coaching staff can up his confidence and help him find his shot.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah he hasn't been able to work since he was injured in the off-season so hopefully he gets his shot down by the time the regular season starts. I think his main problem is he doesn't stick to his strengths. He tries to do more than his skills are capable of. Stick to playing d and spot up shooting.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

lets be real with ourselves. hes never going to be a "3 & D" guy cause hes below average @ both.

We had the same hype for RKelly about being our drafted "Stretch 4".

AB hasnt improved much since last year.. & I just dont see him being part of out "young core".

Hes just a mediocre player.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Guy makes me nervous every time he touches the ball. Or is guarding the ball. Not the best of picks here.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Brown is sort of in the Kelly/Sacre position of being the 14th best player on the team. Were it not for the disgrace that is Nick Young, it really wouldn't matter, he could get another year as essentially an intern/practice player and show if he has the skill or not to play on the team.

If Deng is the main SF (probably playing some PF too), and Ingram is the backup, Brown might be best looking at 55-60 games played averaging maybe 5-10 minutes in blow-outs, playing because of back to back games or injuries/foul trouble.

He is going to have to develop a decent jump-shot on wide open looks or to be honest, his career here is over. He's going to have to suck it up, shoot another 300-500 jumpers and free throws a day till he can show is worthy of being an NBA player. Extensive D-League might be good for him.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Brown is sort of in the Kelly/Sacre position of being the 14th best player on the team. Were it not for the disgrace that is Nick Young, it really wouldn't matter, he could get another year as essentially an intern/practice player and show if he has the skill or not to play on the team.

If Deng is the main SF (probably playing some PF too), and Ingram is the backup, Brown might be best looking at 55-60 games played averaging maybe 5-10 minutes in blow-outs, playing because of back to back games or injuries/foul trouble.

He is going to have to develop a decent jump-shot on wide open looks or to be honest, his career here is over. He's going to have to suck it up, shoot another 300-500 jumpers and free throws a day till he can show is worthy of being an NBA player. Extensive D-League might be good for him.

That may be the best thing for him. Worked wonder for Clarkson, not that you want to put those same expectations and pressure on Brown. As little as we saw from AB in the summer pro league, I'm not ready to write him off just yet.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject:

I really hope he can put it together. I think he's in his own head. Improving mentality is tough.

Not all the young guys are going to stick
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I really hope he can put it together. I think he's in his own head. Improving mentality is tough.

Exactly. He seemed to press a little bit. He sees most of the recent picks doing well, and maybe he's questioning himself. There's still time for him, but he needs to turn it around sooner than later.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:

Exactly. He seemed to press a little bit. He sees most of the recent picks doing well, and maybe he's questioning himself. There's still time for him, but he needs to turn it around sooner than later.

There isn't anything to turn around. He's just not talented. He's like Deavon George in some respects, although he doesn't get his ankles broken as bad. He can't dribble. He can't defend. He can't shoot. There's really no upside... since he lacks both skill and court awareness. How many guys are you like, "this guy shouldn't dribble more than twice," in the last ten years? Deavon George and Caron Butler. The needle is closer to Deavon...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
lets be real with ourselves. hes never going to be a "3 & D" guy cause hes below average @ both.

We had the same hype for RKelly about being our drafted "Stretch 4".

AB hasnt improved much since last year.. & I just dont see him being part of out "young core".

Hes just a mediocre player.

Wesley Johnson 2.0
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Agreed. Watching him shoot jumpers in SPL it was like he was expecting to miss.

I hope he can pull it together but he wouldn't be the first player who was a good perimeter shooter in college but couldn't bring that shooting to the next level. Guys like Jimmer Fredette and Nik Stauskas are still trying to find theirs.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

Question for people more educated about Anthony Brown than me:

Was he this unsteady of a ball handler in college? I cringed watching him dribble this summer league. Whenever he handled the ball it looked like he was going to spontaneously combust.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 40 of 67
Jump to: