Okafor doesn't want to be a Sixers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Okafor doesn't want to be a Sixers

You can see his face the moment the Lakers pick DRussel instead of him and then the same exact sadness when the Sixers selected him.

He probably going to end up having a crappy career cause Philly is where center go to retire.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject:

Yea you can read it all over his face. He was ready to be a Laker. I felt bad for him. Kinda wish he could have at least gone to the Knicks. Not that they are some great organization but they need a big and he could flourish in the triangle.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject:

Maybe Okafor can put a cargo embargo on the Sixers
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject:

If Okafor is such a transcendent talent as his bandwagon is bemoaning endlessly about in the main forum then he should easily be able to carry the Sixers to at least the Playoffs in the weak East, no big-man East... and if he was such a stud, he'd accept that challenge and take it task, tank be damn.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:

It's a Sixer Elixier!
sourcents
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Sacre for Okafor

Do it Mitch!
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:

Damn straight +++ 100

On a serious note, I get the feeling that he really going to hate playing for Philly and it going to affect the organization as a whole. Even Philly fans don't want him as much as they want DRuss. It was weird to see Philly choose him. I think he would be content with being able to play for the Knick instead and at least there is Melo there. I can't even name who is on Philly roster.

Also I been to Philly before. It absolutely suck. Also their new uniform is disgusting.

I'm really happy with the pick. I'm not sold on Okafor and I dislike any big who can't shoot free throw (I love Shaq though), and won't play a lick of defense. All big should be able to play defense unless they are lazy. I also think he mentally weak just by looking at his face. He should be happy to be playing in the NBA but instead seem like he about to cry.

Regardless everyone want to be a Lakers regardless of what non Lakers fan think. Except Melo, that guys just a loser.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

He more so wanted to be a Laker, go #2 and get more $ . I'm sure he's fine with playing in Philly.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
He more so wanted to be a Laker, go #2 and get more $ . I'm sure he's fine with playing in Philly.
If he's going to be as awesome as some people say he is going to be, it shouldn't matter where he plays.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
If Okafor is such a transcendent talent as his bandwagon is bemoaning endlessly about in the main forum then he should easily be able to carry the Sixers to at least the Playoffs in the weak East, no big-man East... and if he was such a stud, he'd accept that challenge and take it task, tank be damn.

Well if he plays well they might trade him to another team since it will kill their tanking efforts....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Difference falling 1 spot is about 500k, not much of a difference....I'm sure he is more ticked off that he isn't going to a big market team not to mention one with a history of winning such as the Lakers. Going to Philly is gonna kill his psyche as he is used to signing on with winning basketball programs.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Nobody does.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Okafor doesn't want to be a Sixers

Lakersfan98 wrote:
You can see his face the moment the Lakers pick DRussel instead of him and then the same exact sadness when the Sixers selected him.

He probably going to end up having a crappy career cause Philly is where center go to retire.

Yep. His facial reaction was tough. His words were measured and brief after he was selected. I don't know the guy but his disappointment was hard to miss. Felt bad for him for a minute....kind of hard to feel bad for more than a minute for a 19 year old millionaire.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Yea you can read it all over his face. He was ready to be a Laker. I felt bad for him. Kinda wish he could have at least gone to the Knicks. Not that they are some great organization but they need a big and he could flourish in the triangle.

Yeah it's sad. Jah became a Laker fan thanks to his Duke teammate Quinn Cook.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Okafor doesn't want to be a Sixers

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:

Yep. His facial reaction was tough. His words were measured and brief after he was selected. I don't know the guy but his disappointment was hard to miss. Felt bad for him for a minute....kind of hard to feel bad for more than a minute for a 19 year old millionaire.

Well he only got himself to blame. His 2nd workout didn't meet expectation and there is ZERO excuse for a big to not play defense and no excuse for a big who can't shoot free throw. You can get away with it because your big but that mean you ain't giving it your all.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Randle for Okafor!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
etmo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Okafor doesn't want to be a Sixers

Lakersfan98 wrote:

Yeah, Moses Malone sucked, you're right
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Agreed. He was not able to play off his disappointment well. But he's in the NBA and from there anything can happen so he just needs to chin up.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

the Sixers right now is the NBA's wasteland.

their GM spends more time calculating his metrics and analytics than wheeling and dealing.

Okafor will not develop on that team. He'll probably not get any coaching to help his game.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
the Sixers right now is the NBA's wasteland.

their GM spends more time calculating his metrics and analytics than wheeling and dealing.

Okafor will not develop on that team. He'll probably not get any coaching to help his game.

But you gotta admit that the GM's got a lot of fantasy basketball trophies.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

Broken record, but so much in life is about luck & getting into the right situation. Sixers is a tough one, perhaps the toughest. Probably won't be much winning, but at the very least Okafor should be able to score a lot of points. That shouldn't be a problem, getting featured touches on that team. But yea, I wouldn't be excited about going there either.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

If he's disappointed now, wait until mid-season when the Sixers are in the middle of their annual NBA record chases towards worst season record and longest losing streak. All this while playing in front of the league's lowest attendance. Can't imagine what that's going to be like after playing in Cameron Stadium in front of rabid Blue Devil fans.

Once teams have had a chance to scout him and start sending that second defender at him, he's going to have to kick out to the second worst team of perimeter shooters in the NBA.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"People got a little excited because of what Steph Curry did -- and he was fantastic. But as long as I remember, big men have been dominating and the results have been championships."

Okafor's comments at his press conference.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
If he's disappointed now, wait until mid-season when the Sixers are in the middle of their annual NBA record chases towards worst season record and longest losing streak. All this while playing in front of the league's lowest attendance. Can't imagine what that's going to be like after playing in Cameron Stadium in front of rabid Blue Devil fans.

Once teams have had a chance to scout him and start sending that second defender at him, he's going to have to kick out to the second worst team of perimeter shooters in the NBA.

lets all wait and see what the team looks like when the season starts. Thats a great core of young players over there, who knows adding some vets might make them respectable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: