COUSINS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: COUSINS

LG: Doesn't Cousins seem more interesting now that the Draft is over and Okafor is no longer an option?

Truth be told, I think he could force his way to a team (LAKERS) if he wanted to and even though we don't have the assets to make it happen, we do have the salary. The question is, would SAC be willing to take it on the chin to let him leave.

Could we sign and trade some players and send them to SAC so they have some trade Leverage and draft pics?

No matter what I don't think we should give up Clarkson or Randle to get him, but if we could involve a third team who might be over-stacked at the 5 spot, like Philly, we should be able to make a trade happen.

Something like:
Kings get Young & Noel (with picks)
Philly gets Hill & Lin (maybe cash or picks)
Lakers get Cousins

Does it work financially? Yes, the Lakers would have to S&T Lin, but a deal like that could work and works for all parties, Philly gets a good PG and a Solid Big off the bench, gives room for Okafor to grow and own the paint, Sac gets a defensive Big who can run the floor with WCS (Nobody is getting shots up with that blue nation), and Lakers get their YOUNG franchise Center to pair with Randle, Clarkson and Russell...

Russell/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle/Cousins

It's a Pipe, but anything is possible and Cousins does seem a lot more interesting now, since we don't have a legit Center...
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: COUSINS

lakurluv wrote:
LG: Doesn't Cousins seem more interesting now that the Draft is over and Okafor is no longer an option?

Truth be told, I think he could force his way to a team (LAKERS) if he wanted to and even though we don't have the assets to make it happen, we do have the salary. The question is, would SAC be willing to take it on the chin to let him leave.

Could we sign and trade some players and send them to SAC so they have some trade Leverage and draft pics?

No matter what I don't think we should give up Clarkson or Randle to get him, but if we could involve a third team who might be over-stacked at the 5 spot, like Philly, we should be able to make a trade happen.

Something like:
Lakers get Cousins

Does it work financially? Yes, the Lakers would have to S&T Lin, but a deal like that could work and works for all parties, Philly gets a good PG and a Solid Big off the bench, gives room for Okafor to grow and own the paint, Sac gets a defensive Big who can run the floor with WCS (Nobody is getting shots up with that blue nation), and Lakers get their YOUNG franchise Center to pair with Randle, Clarkson and Russell...

It's a Pipe, but anything is possible and Cousins does seem a lot more interesting now, since we don't have a legit Center...

The Window to do Sign and Trades is closed until July.

Why would Philly want to do Sign and Trades with the Lakers as an intermediary when they will likely have the Cap Space to sign players directly?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

why Would Philly want to trade Noel for Lin and Hill?

With Russel I do not find Cousins necessary. That would be too many people fighting for touches.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Oh my. Time to read the CBA.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: COUSINS

lakurluv wrote:

Something like:
Lakers get Cousins

There is a lot of things wrong with your trade and against the CBA. It's been awhile since I've read it but you can't sign and trade a player as part of a multi-person trade. Lakers don't plan to bring Jordan Hill back since they have a team option.

Kings will not "take it on the chin" to trade Cousins to the Lakers when there are other options. It is also very unlikely that Kings would trade one of the best Centers in the league right now to a division rival, let alone the history between Kings and Lakers.

Honestly, I think there is almost no chance Cousins will be a Laker under realistic trade scenarios and team needs. Lakers will not give up 3 young players and/or take on additional salary.
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

lol we arent getting cousins and keeping russell clarkson and randle
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

yo, Cousins could force his way out with an Uzi, for a bag of chips!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: