Top 4 Rank realistic UFA Bigs you want Lakers to Sign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Top Big you want the Lakers to get:
DeAndre Jordan - (C) Age 27
52%
 52%  [ 122 ]
Greg Monroe - (PF/C) Age 25
9%
 9%  [ 23 ]
Kevin Love - (PF) Age 27
6%
 6%  [ 16 ]
LaMarcus Aldridge - (PF/C) Age 30
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 232

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

If Asik was an average finisher I would consider him. Aldridge or Jordan. If they go Aldridge would love to get rid of Young and sign Chandler as well.

Big man rotation of LMA, Chandler, Randle, Black. Solid.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Aldridge I think would make us the better team compared to the other free agents because a) he can really score and take pressure off Kobe and the young guys and b) he's capable of playing center next to Randle who I think we should try and maximize his playing time and not just sign a guy like Love who is exclusively a PF.

Love is probably the best player but I think that means trading Randle. I'm actually very high on Julius so it'd be hard for me to get over that move but hypothetically if you sign Love moving Randle + Clarkson for Boogie may be the best move to balance the roster, improve right away and still have bright future.

All that said, I think Jordan is the best signing. He's healthy, young, constantly improving, great fit next to Julius/Russell/Clarkson as he could help erase their defensive deficiencies. Not to mention he'd bring a huge buzz to Staples and it'd devastate the Clippers. I think he'd also be a very attractive piece in the hunt for KD. By now KD realizes the importance of a defensive anchor.

Jordan
Randle
Durant
Clarkson
Russell

That should be the goal. I'd gladly take LMA and the sign Love and trade for Cousins is intriguing as well but to me that's a perfectly balanced roster ready to win a ring (given the rookies are as advertised).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Aldridge all the way.

Then Monroe, Love, Jordan.

Jordan makes me nervous as he is a bit one-dimensional for my liking. But he is very, very good at that one dimension.
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1. DJ
2. LMA
3. Chandler
4. Robin Lopez

Concur

+1
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject:

I would much rather have Aldridge and a center like Asik or Koufos, as opposed to Jordan and whatever else we can get with $8-10MM left in cap space. (I'm assuming we can move Young/Kelly in a scenario where we have $8-10MM left in cap space after signing Aldridge.)

Although my best-case scenario is probably Aldridge and Chandler for $10MM, if he'll take a slight discount.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
lakers can save face a bit if they can sign Alridge or Greg Monroe.. Monroe is a top 5 post scorer in the NBA and just 25

C:
Monroe, Black, Sacre

PF:
Randle, Kelly, Nance

SF:
?????, Young, Brown

SG:
Kobe, Brown

PG:
Clarkson, Russell

Max out Monroe and still have 5-6 million to sign a FA SF

I dont mind Monroe on offense. on defense he is not a great rim protector or the quickest in defending pnr ... but of the guys being proposed only Deandre is. I dont think we should pay ANY of these guys max money if that is what it will take... let Dal, LAC, Hou or SA have 'em.

I think we can get Monroe for less than max.and if so he would be my first choice if we can get for 4 years say $60-64 million I actually prefer that over spending $80 million on the other guys. Trade for ariza so Rox can chase the big fish ...

PG Russell/clarkson
SG Kobe/Clarkson/Brown
SF Ariza/Kobe/Swaggy
PF Randle/Black
C monroe/Sacre

Not world beaters but a solid core with mostly high IQ minus Swaggy P ... Monroe hasnt always shown it ii the pros, but he was a great passing big at Georgetown.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Aldridge all the way.

Jordan makes me nervous as he is a bit one-dimensional for my liking. But he is very, very good at that one dimension.

Being a very strong rebounder, consistent defensive anchor and a lob dunking machine for any ball within his significant range of the rim doesn't quite fit the definition of being one dimensional. He also brings intangibles that cannot be taught. He plays hungry to win and leaves it all on the court all the time. Given our current roster's strengths and glaring weaknesses, he is the very embodiment of what this team needs desperately.

Nick Young is more in line with being a one dimensional player. Nothing but an overly confident chucker. Done and done.

I don't remotely expect our team to land DJ. But, that doesn't change that his areas of productivity and talent specifically provide what our team is lacking.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

Forgot to add that I'm a huge fan of Aldridge as well. Just continually seeing D Jordan being portrayed as a far less valuable player than the guy I've watched playing against the league's best. I think it's more likely that we end up with someone like Robin Lopez, which would still be a good move at the right price.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
1. D. Jordan
2. L. Aldridge
3. M. Gasol
4. T. Chandler

I flipped #1, 2 because I think we may have too many mouths to feed with LMA. Ideally, we need a defensive center. I would not be sad if we settle on Tyson.

That's along the line of what I'm thinking.

1. T. Chandler
2. D. Jordan
3. L. Aldridge
4. G. Monroe

The best player is LMA and Deandre Jordan's free throws scare the hell out of me. You can just do an hack a Jordan to take him out the game. With the LMA or Love, it would probably be too many mouths to feed and someone is going to be butt hurt. Decision, decision!!
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

1. Monroe (Because of age)
2. Jordan (Addresses a need)
3. LA
4. Love
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

Honestly I would be happy with any FA big man that comes our way. Theyre all improvements and all have their own merit and pros and cons. I would even be okay with Javale McGee
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Aldridge all the way.

Being a very strong rebounder, consistent defensive anchor and a lob dunking machine for any ball within his significant range of the rim doesn't quite fit the definition of being one dimensional. He also brings intangibles that cannot be taught. He plays hungry to win and leaves it all on the court all the time. Given our current roster's strengths and glaring weaknesses, he is the very embodiment of what this team needs desperately.

Nick Young is more in line with being a one dimensional player. Nothing but an overly confident chucker. Done and done.

I don't remotely expect our team to land DJ. But, that doesn't change that his areas of productivity and talent specifically provide what our team is lacking.

So you view DeAndre Jordan as a legitimate two-way player?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

DJ would be my top choice. He can help defend and rebound, plus for some reason I enjoy watching him play. I watched a lot of Clipper games the last couple of seasons because of him. When Blake was out this year DJ was absolutely dominating.

My sell to him would be to point out that the Clippers didn't develop him on offense, and that the Mavs haven't ever developed a center offensively, while that is normal business for the Lakers.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I'd also sell him on the fact that we have three guys (Kobe, Russell, & Clarkson) that will get him the ball in some of his sweetest spots possible this side of CP3.
Flatlyner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject:

D.Jordan and it isn't close. He is the rim protector we need. IF LMA was willing to play in the middle for us, it'd be a tie between the 2 for me. That said, Jordan is probably a super long shot. Nonetheless, he would be the best center signing we could hope for.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Right now I say LMA. DJ seems to be leaning the Mav and Monroe seem NY bound. Love appears to be returning to Cleveland. So that only leave LMA who we get first crack at.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
So you view DeAndre Jordan as a legitimate two-way player?

Let's not bother "typing" words into my mouth - so to speak. I never said he was two-way anything. But, I'll say this - absolutely on OUR TEAM with skilled guards feeding him the rock he instantly becomes a legitimate threat on the offensive end that other teams have to account for - pretty sure the Clips have already made that point rather effectively. That doesn't mean that I or anyone else wants to see him trying to fly coast to coast pretending to be the 2nd coming of LO.

Aside from your question, I'll stick to the points I already made. And, judging by the number of posters here on the board that are also high on the notion, I think it's safe to assume I'm not alone. I would never expect all of us to share the same opinions about which players the FO should pursue or how to go about rebuilding the team overall. Besides, that would be boring. I was merely taking exception with your labeling of a player that I and many others believe can be a legit core piece to building another title contender as being "one dimensional".

You may not be a particular fan when you compare him against others on the market this summer and that's your perogative. But, I think it's only fair to ask that you study the stats as well as observing the team chemistry that DJ helps his current team to achieve and then try to apply that to our young roster. I say young not only because it's very accurate, but, because younger guys like DJ are what this team needs in terms of core pieces. Right now everyone wants to talk about D-Russ, Randle and Clarkson. That's partially because that is what the FO keeps talking about. But, the reality is that, unless we're very fortunate, the likelyhood is that at least 1 of those guys gets used as trade bait for yet another roster upgrade. The rest have to come in free agency. Otherwise, we end up like Philly forever trying to ride a youth movement that has no veteran leadership and other intangibles.

For what it's worth, Aldridge as an overall player is my favorite of the bunch, even over Marc Gasol. If he was 3 or 4 years younger I would want our FO absolutely throwing money in his face. But, given his age and not knowing where his game will be after some more seasons, I will value the combination of both skills that make our team more complete as well as factoring age in. On the flipside, with the cap limit changes coming, it's entirely possible that players such as Aldridge and Milsap will want to mirror what guys like LeBron are doing with shorter contracts to maximize their earning potential. But, I think that will be less likely with a prototypical big man that is already heading into his 30's compared to a guard or wing in general.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Jordan wants to be more than a 3rd option on offense.

Don't think the Lakers can accommodate him being the 2nd option. Not sure how the Mavs would either, behind Dirk?
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

Dirk won't be playing much longer and DJ is only 26. I'd say that's not a significant problem for the Mavs in recruitment. Besides, DJ has to prove himself by showing a more developed offensive game before he's really in any position to be demanding where he fits in the pecking order.

If the supposed divide between him and CP3 is real, then the money will most likely do the talking. I just hope he's not foolish enough to sign with the Knicks. That would be a waste of his prime years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Dirk won't be playing much longer and DJ is only 26. I'd say that's not a significant problem for the Mavs in recruitment. Besides, DJ has to prove himself by showing a more developed offensive game before he's really in any position to be demanding where he fits in the pecking order.

If the supposed divide between him and CP3 is real, then the money will most likely do the talking. I just hope he's not foolish enough to sign with the Knicks. That would be a waste of his prime years.

The Lakers can tell DJ about the bigs they have developed while that list for the Mavs is pretty much and empty slate. DJ is very good at certain offensive plays and we can help improve him in areas that the Clippers never did.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Top 4 Rank realistic UFA Bigs you want Lakers to Sign

Clark Kent wrote:
Ht: 6'11 / Wt: 250
Ppg: 11.5
Rpg: 15.0
Apg: 0.7
Bpg: 2.2
Spg: 1.0
Fg%: 71%
3p%: 25%
Ft%: 40%
Per: 21.0

Ppg: 15.9
Rpg: 10.2
Apg: 2.1
Bpg: 0.5
Spg: 1.1
Fg%: 50%
3p%: ---
Ft%: 75%
Per: 21.3

Kevin Love - (PF) Age 27
Ht: 6'10 / Wt: 240
Ppg: 16.4
Rpg: 9.7
Apg: 2.2
Spg: 0.7
Fg%: 43%
3p%: 37%
Ft%: 80%
Per: 18.9

Ht: 6'11 / Wt: 240
Ppg: 23.4
Apg: 1.7
Bpg: 1.0
Fg%: 47%
3p%: 35%
Ft%: 85%
Per: 22.9

Rank them in preference.

*Marc Gasol and Brook Lopez are not in the list since reports have stated they will likely not explore free agency but re-sign with their current team.

Aldridge looks like the stud of the group after seeing those stats. Beyond having the highest PER. Being the 2nd best blocker AND the 2nd best 3PT shooter on that list is impressive. It shows his versatility and skills.

But we need defense more than offense.
We don't have one above average defender on our roster.
Deandre Jordan is at the top of my list.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Don't know the obsession with DJ. He's a poor version of Dwight Howard. Also his stats are a product of playing w. CP3. Worse FT shooter than Dwight, no bball IQ, and SUBPAR rim protection.

Yeah he can get blocks but his opponents on average score a higher FG% than normal at ~48%. PASS.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Also LMA is 29, he will be 30 later this summer but will be no more older than 33/34 at the end of a 4/5 year contract (player option) if he does come over here. He's skillful enough to be a presence even at that age.

Also yeah he's a 4 no doubt, but he's simply the best player available out of all these FAs. We should figure out our deficit at the 5 later.

Also can we stop propagating the MYTH that he's a poor defender?:
https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/4143/how-lamarcus-aldridge-is-playing-the-best-basketball-of-his-career#

He's not just a good defender, but he's actually one of the TOP defenders when it comes to post defense and this has been so for the last few years.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 4 Rank realistic UFA Bigs you want Lakers to Sign

Clark Kent wrote:
Ppg: 11.5
Rpg: 15.0
Apg: 0.7
Bpg: 2.2
Spg: 1.0
Fg%: 71%
3p%: 25%
Ft%: 40%
Per: 21.0

Ppg: 15.9
Apg: 2.1
Spg: 1.1
Fg%: 50%
3p%: ---
Ft%: 75%
Per: 21.3

Kevin Love - (PF) Age 27
Ht: 6'10 / Wt: 240
Ppg: 16.4
Rpg: 9.7
Apg: 2.2
Fg%: 43%
3p%: 37%
Ft%: 80%
Per: 18.9

Ht: 6'11 / Wt: 240
Ppg: 23.4
Apg: 1.7
Bpg: 1.0
Fg%: 47%
3p%: 35%
Ft%: 85%
Per: 22.9

Rank them in preference.

*Marc Gasol and Brook Lopez are not in the list since reports have stated they will likely not explore free agency but re-sign with their current team.

There's no way Kevin Love is 6'10"!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

DJ has no primary offensive game. Not sure why he wants to be a 3rd option.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: