LeBron will opt-out and take "Wait & See" approach with Cavs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Lebron unfollowed Cavs on twitter and declined to talk to media after practice.

http://www.scout.com/nba/cavaliers/story/1653787-lue-and-jefferson-replace-lebron

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/03/21/did-lebron-james-unfollow-cavaliers-twitter-instagram

Quote:
After James's postgame comments, he unfollowed several more accounts, including all members of the Cleveland media and a few national reporters. Cleveland.com released a story. An anonymous source then told Cleveland.com that James had gone on his unfollowing spree as part of his playoff preparation, which started early.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject:

somehow i don't think Kyrie, Love and rest of the team except Triston Thompson (cuz Bron got him that contract) is too fond of this antic. Cleveland is a loser organization, you don't turn your fortune around just because you have one of the best players today, it has to start from top down. Miami was a well run organization, the big three knows their role, pat riley calls all the shots. i think the more Cleveland enabling LeBron, it'd actually backfire, LeBron would actually get sick of being that guy calling all the shots. in back of my mind, i'm still dreaming LeBron and KD teaming up with Lakers
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I think Lebron cares too much about his image and brand to bail out again. He was demonized briefly for leaving the Cavs but he only rejoined them because he knew he would be able to do so as a free pass under the guise that he is returning to help his hometown team (when in reality he was really bailing out on a team about to sink to a more promising young and up and coming team).
He he leaves again to a better team he will forever be labelled a bandwagon win-joiner.

Not really, a band wagon joiner is someone who goes to a winning team to get a ring. No team he has gone to had won a ring in the previous 4-5 seasons. Hard to be a band wagoner when you are the wagon.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
The only way lebron would join the Lakers is if Magic, Kareem and Worthy were still playing, with Kobe coming off the bench. That boy doesn't have the cajones to take a team from the bottom to the top. It's not a part of who he is deep down inside, which is why any comparison of him to Kobe or MJ is laughable at best.

Yeah, it isn't like he took a lottery Cavs team to the Finals or anything.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have cap space for two max salaries, and Lebron wouldn't be making roster decisions here. We would pursue any FA that he wanted to play with, but Mitch wouldn't make deals against his will to appease Lebron.

LeBron will only come here depending on the other max salary player...

lets say it is Kevin Durant... I could see Lebron coming to Los Angeles
than fill in the role players: maybe Pau Gasol returns to finish off his career... so many possibilities for 2017

That is the value in having two max slots this offseason.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I think Lebron cares too much about his image and brand to bail out again. He was demonized briefly for leaving the Cavs but he only rejoined them because he knew he would be able to do so as a free pass under the guise that he is returning to help his hometown team (when in reality he was really bailing out on a team about to sink to a more promising young and up and coming team).
He he leaves again to a better team he will forever be labelled a bandwagon win-joiner.

Not really, a band wagon joiner is someone who goes to a winning team to get a ring. No team he has gone to had won a ring in the previous 4-5 seasons. Hard to be a band wagoner when you are the wagon.
False. Miami had won in 2006, and he joined them in 2010, and lebron has never played better than Wade in 2006 Finals...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

And I said they hadn't won in 4-5 years. They were far from a title contender before Lebron joined the Heat.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

False. Miami had won in 2006, and he joined them in 2010, and lebron has never played better than Wade in 2006 Finals...

You're getting into semantics here but to me a bandwagon guy is someone who joins a team right after it's won a ring or is right about to win a ring, like Malone and Payton joining us.

I wouldn't apply that to joining the Heat four years after they won a ring, when most of the players on that championship roster were gone.

But, again, this is kind of a semantics exercise, rather than a substantial
discussion.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

LeBron James would like to play with Melo, Wade and Paul

Decisions have been made, trades forced, contracts signed, fates chosen, taking the teen stars down starkly different paths. The bond endures. The vision of a James-Anthony partnership does, too. “I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together,” James said. “At least one, maybe one or two seasons—me, Melo, D-Wade, CP—we can get a year in. I would actually take a pay cut to do that.”

What's a realistic way these guys can make it happen.

Join Lebron in Cleveland or Cp3 in LA, Wade and Lebron can opt out. Melo would have to be traded for.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I think Lebron James has too much pride to be a clipper....

wearing that jersey automatically identifies you as the dirtiest piece of filth in the NBA
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

wearing that jersey automatically identifies you as the dirtiest piece of filth in the NBA

I thought that was Boston.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
999 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have cap space for two max salaries, and Lebron wouldn't be making roster decisions here. We would pursue any FA that he wanted to play with, but Mitch wouldn't make deals against his will to appease Lebron.

LeBron will only come here depending on the other max salary player...

lets say it is Kevin Durant... I could see Lebron coming to Los Angeles
than fill in the role players: maybe Pau Gasol returns to finish off his career... so many possibilities for 2017

That is the value in having two max slots this offseason.

I mean its the ideal spot to be in....

imagine if we do not get rid of anyone and add gasol LeBron and durant

PF Lebron
C Gasol?
SF Durant
G Russell
PG Clarkson

Bench

Randle
Black
Brown
Huertas
Bass
Young.

that would be the best front court and the deepest bench in the league
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Yes, because the city of Cleveland is proud of its sporting traditions.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Quote:

Decisions have been made, trades forced, contracts signed, fates chosen, taking the teen stars down starkly different paths. The bond endures. The vision of a James-Anthony partnership does, too. “I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together,” James said. “At least one, maybe one or two seasons—me, Melo, D-Wade, CP—we can get a year in. I would actually take a pay cut to do that.”

Join Lebron in Cleveland or Cp3 in LA, Wade and Lebron can opt out. Melo would have to be traded for.

Realistically, I don't see something like this happening before 2018-19 or 2019-20, if at all.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

A lot could happen with LBJ if the Cavs fail to win the title.

If they don't win, I expect Love or Irving, or both to be traded.
He signs another one year deal and if they fail again, he tries to buddy up with his friends.
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Quote:

Realistically, I don't see something like this happening before 2018-19 or 2019-20, if at all.

Wade is 34 and has been injured, so it would likely need to happen before then. I mean, given that LA is the only team who can sign 2 max players this season and given that Melo has a no-trade clause (i.e. he'd get to choose where he went if he opted out), I can see the Lakers as a possibility in the near future here:

(1) Sign Lebron and Wade to max (1+1) deals this summer
(2) Trade Randle/Top 3, Lou, future firsts for Melo -- whatever doesn't match up for salaries is absorbed into the extra space that we have
(3) Lebron opts out in 2017 to sign CP3 to a max deal (Lebron said he'd take a discount for a year to make this happen); Lebron resigns for cheap for a year

Lebron could pick the coach here and all 4 of these dudes are co-presidents of the Kobe fan club. They also all own homes in LA anyway.

Other teams could theoretically make it work, we're the only team where Wade and Lebron both wouldn't take paycuts for a year, and we have assets to make a reasonable trade for Melo. There's your 2 year window for Lebron to play with these guys -- you figure Wade has 2-3 good years left, at best.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
999 wrote:

rather be a CAV than a POS Clipper

Last edited by 999 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Luke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

You're getting into semantics here but to me a bandwagon guy is someone who joins a team right after it's won a ring or is right about to win a ring, like Malone and Payton joining us.

I wouldn't apply that to joining the Heat four years after they won a ring, when most of the players on that championship roster were gone.

But, again, this is kind of a semantics exercise, rather than a substantial
discussion.

Even if I got a little bit into semantics ( just for fun), Lebron joining Wade and Bosh and joining Riley/ lead organization, meant he wanted the easiest way to the championships, and Riley delivered, building around them a great supporting cast ( Battier, Ray Allen, Miller ...).

I'm still surprised they haven't won four-in-a-row, because they were much more talented than anybody else, by far, but this is another thing. I have already expressed my opinion many times about it.

Lebron returning to Cleveland , instead, has more to do with his desire to run everything; something Riley would have never let it happen ( and obviously Cleveland having the talent and the assets to contend helped his decision).
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I agree with this and he won't get that elsewhere not while he's aging.

Gilbert will let LeBron make him his (bleep) though.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Lebron isnt going anyway. Irving and/or Love will though.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
999 wrote:

rather be a CAV than a POS Clipper

Me too. Cleveland gets a bad rap, it's a great sports town. On the other hand, if you took a poll I'd bet most L.A. fans want the clippers to go away.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
activeverb wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Quote:

Wade is 34 and has been injured, so it would likely need to happen before then. I mean, given that LA is the only team who can sign 2 max players this season and given that Melo has a no-trade clause (i.e. he'd get to choose where he went if he opted out), I can see the Lakers as a possibility in the near future here:

(1) Sign Lebron and Wade to max (1+1) deals this summer
(2) Trade Randle/Top 3, Lou, future firsts for Melo -- whatever doesn't match up for salaries is absorbed into the extra space that we have
(3) Lebron opts out in 2017 to sign CP3 to a max deal (Lebron said he'd take a discount for a year to make this happen); Lebron resigns for cheap for a year

Lebron could pick the coach here and all 4 of these dudes are co-presidents of the Kobe fan club. They also all own homes in LA anyway.

Other teams could theoretically make it work, we're the only team where Wade and Lebron both wouldn't take paycuts for a year, and we have assets to make a reasonable trade for Melo. There's your 2 year window for Lebron to play with these guys -- you figure Wade has 2-3 good years left, at best.

I don't see that happening. I think people are attracting too much importance to an idle comment that Lebron made about wanting to play with his pals. I don't think they really have any immiment plans or are giving any thought to time frames. Also, I don't see Lebron taking the kind of pay check you're talking about.

To me, all this talk is just filler for a slow news day.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Even if I got a little bit into semantics ( just for fun), Lebron joining Wade and Bosh and joining Riley/ lead organization, meant he wanted the easiest way to the championships, and Riley delivered, building around them a great supporting cast ( Battier, Ray Allen, Miller ...)..

What superstar doesn't want the greatest amount of talent around him as possible?

Luke wrote:
I'm still surprised they haven't won four-in-a-row, because they were much more talented than anybody else, by far, but this is another thing. I have already expressed my opinion many times about it.

They screwed up the first year, when they should have beaten Dallas. Lebron lost that one, in my opinion.

The four year was mostly about Bosh and Wade underperforming against a Spurs team that probably had more talent; certainly more defensive talent.

Luke wrote:
Lebron returning to Cleveland , instead, has more to do with his desire to run everything; something Riley would have never let it happen ( and obviously Cleveland having the talent and the assets to contend helped his decision).

I don't blame him. Basically, Lebron is his own corporation apart from the team he rents his services too; if you want to take him on as a partner, you have to play by his rules or he'll go to someone else who will.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:

Think of all the Cavs fans that burned their jerseys screaming that they were going to build around Kyrie and win a ring before LBJ did, like their owner said. How sad/ would it be if they turned a Kyrie/Wiggins and more future into a team of run down vets that fall apart in the 1st round every year. I don't wish bad things on teams, but that would be comical.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Think of all the Cavs fans that burned their jerseys screaming that they were going to build around Kyrie and win a ring before LBJ did, like their owner said. How sad/ would it be if they turned a Kyrie/Wiggins and more future into a team of run down vets that fall apart in the 1st round every year. I don't wish bad things on teams, but that would be comical.

I don't see an Irving/Wiggins team being anything special. Heck, Wiggins is still trying to get into a first round, and Wiggins never made the playoffs prior to Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: