LeBron will opt-out and take "Wait & See" approach with Cavs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
In some crazy sick way, I'd support his decision to leave Cleveland. (bleep) Dan Gilbert.

Its worth it for the entertainment value alone.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

Like father, like son.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Like father, like son.

winner
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

Pretty obvious he's just putting pressure on the team to spend the money to bring everyone back. He got burned in Miami when they cut salary to save their owner money and he had no leverage because he was under contract. He's not going to let that happen again.

Not that it matters. Gilbert has deep pockets and is going to spend money.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Of course he can go to the Finals with any east team he chooses. Same formula over and over again. Lebron + 2-3 franchise players/superstars/all-stars + followers from previous teams + ring chasers
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone say what his secret motivation was?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

He's an (bleep). I've never seen someone as un-likeable as him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Good, opt out and come here.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

He's a great player, so on one level it's obvious to want to have him as a Laker.

On the other hand, given the fact that the Lakers already draw drama and scrutiny, his drama would only compound that.

He's such an ass that even as a GOAT, I would just rather not see him come to the Lakers. I just think it's a nightmare waiting to happen.

But fortunately we won't have to see it happen. No way he has the balls to come to this storied franchise.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He's a great player, so on one level it's obvious to want to have him as a Laker.

On the other hand, given the fact that the Lakers already draw drama and scrutiny, his drama would only compound that.

He's such an ass that even as a GOAT, I would just rather not see him come to the Lakers. I just think it's a nightmare waiting to happen.

But fortunately we won't have to see it happen. No way he has the balls to come to this storied franchise.
It's just a logical move by Lebron who has the upper hand on cavaliers. He doesnt want to be in anyone's shadow now that he has "earned" his own "kingdom". Coming to Lakers is just not an option for him. Besides Lakers is on its own way to greatness again with Kobe and without Kobe.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

He probably wants a new coach, too.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Like father, like son.

Holy (bleep).

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup. Great player, but a total douchebag. Stay your punk a$$ in CLE EL Bj. We have enough drama kings/queens in LA LA land
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
This particular year he doesn't have leverage. His "note" to his home town was made too much of that he cannot risk leaving. Cavs have him by the balls.

I'd say it's the other way around. The Cavs invested a lot in bringing James in. He's telling them, "I'll resign, but first you need to do your job and resign Love, Smith, Tristan and Shumpert."

So the Cavs just have to open their wallet and not screw it up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

I'm not on board with the LeBron hate.

I don't like the way he went about leaving Cleveland. I think he reads to much of his own press.

I understand his wanting to get contracts that more favor him than they do management.

He's doing things in Cleveland too force Gilbert to sign players who can win a championship. I don't blame him for that.

I think he'd be a good fit with the Lakers. He and Kobe get along well. I don't like his salary. A two year team option would be great.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
This particular year he doesn't have leverage. His "note" to his home town was made too much of that he cannot risk leaving. Cavs have him by the balls.

I'd say it's the other way around. The Cavs invested a lot in bringing James in. He's telling them, "I'll resign, but first you need to do your job and resign Love, Smith, Tristan and Shumpert."

So the Cavs just have to open their wallet and not screw it up.

Basically this. Gilbert will spend, though, so it's really not an issue. LeBron is just covering his bases so he doesn't get the rug pulled out from under him like in Miami when they amnestied Miller to save the owner (who is worth far more than Dan Gilbert, mind you) a few million.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

Love and LeBron were spotted hanging out in LA over the weekend.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/06/lebron_james_kevin_love_clevel.html
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
LeBron signs with another team saying "I can go to the Finals with any team I choose."

Well for the past 5 years that's been an undisputed fact.

The last LeBron-free Finals was when the Lakers won their last title in 2010.

And he's 2-3 in those 5 years, which means in 3 of those 5 years he would have not made the finals if his team were in the West.

Yeah, he can take any team to the finals. In the historically weak eastern conference.

That's not true. That means we would have won all 5 if he played in the West.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Sports pundits are debating whether or not LeBron should be more clear with his intentions. I say NO. Use the forum to get as much as he can in his next contract.

He was seen in Los Angeles with Love. He said he would actively recruit him.

Why aren't they asking the same of Gilbert?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Sports pundits are debating whether or not LeBron should be more clear with his intentions. I say NO. Use the forum to get as much as he can in his next contract.

Lebron seems like he's been pretty clear. He's opting out, but he won't talk with other teams. He's waiting to see if the Cavs resign all their own free agents. If they do, Lebron will sign up again. If they don't, he'll evaluate the situation.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

jdm43390 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup. Great player, but a total douchebag. Stay your punk a$$ in CLE EL Bj. We have enough drama kings/queens in LA LA land

Eh, I guess I value winning over personalities. Having a young big with Lebron-like skills (Randle) and the actual Lebron would be impossible for teams to defend.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Lebron seems like he's been pretty clear. He's opting out, but he won't talk with other teams. He's waiting to see if the Cavs resign all their own free agents. If they do, Lebron will sign up again. If they don't, he'll evaluate the situation.

That's my take. It's also why I'm not on board with the LeBron haters. The way I see it, this time he has Gilbert at a bit of a disadvantage.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That's my take. It's also why I'm not on board with the LeBron haters. The way I see it, this time he has Gilbert at a bit of a disadvantage.

I think it's a big nothing. Everyone knew that Lebron would opt out to get a raise. There's no downside for him to wait to resign. On the tiny chance that the Cavs let a bunch of the team leave, Lebron would have the option of changing his mind and leaving.

But it's not like this is another Decision. He's being low key about it. Basically, it will irritate the people who get irritated just hearing Lebron's name, but no one else will mind much.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing this wait and see strategy is to see which team can be best built so he can hang onto them for another Finals appearance...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I'm guessing this wait and see strategy is to see which team can be best built so he can hang onto them for another Finals appearance...

I know people like to have fun with Lebron, but all this is really about a more important development to me: Superstars no longer feel a need to pretend that much that playing for one team is better than playing for another team. Like everyone else, players might develop an allegiance to coworkers (coach, teammates). And they will stay in a situation that's good for them. But if a better situation presents itself, they'll leave, just like anyone else.

And fans are becoming so knowledgeable about salary caps, that they really don't begrudge players who jump. Sure, the fans of the team a superstar leave will be ticked off, but that's nothing more than a guy who is ticked off at the girl who turned him down for a date.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: