By the Numbers: D'Angelo Russell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

lakern8 wrote:
Here's a quote you never want the #2 draft pick to say:

"Being nonchalant won't cut it, and I kind of get in the bad habit of being nonchalant," he said.

Tell me guys, did we do ANY behavioral interviewing with D'Angelo or did we just see the ESPN Sport Science and a silky smooth left jump shot and think he could hang? Wow. SMH.

Not only is he too slow out there, he isn't as good of a passer as people make him out to be (against superior D that is), and his shot is very slow release compared to others at the position. He can't get to the hole regularly or break his defender down and he has trouble finding openings for his teammates.

The great news is he has a sweet haircut, including on his eyebrows and could fit in with the Kardashian clan with ease. Way to go Jim and Mitch. Way to go.

Take your silliness to the appropriate thread.

EDIT: I see you did, you just felt the need to spam it all over the place, apparently.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject:

Do folks actually forget the context of Summer league play ? Chaos generally, no one knows their jobs. Be smart and treat it like the cartoon before the feature movie.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Sacreligious wrote:
I think Sportsnet mentioned this, but someone said that Russell looks to be like Conley. At first I dismissed it, but now that I had some time to think about it, there might be some thing there.

Does anyone remember how Conley was like defensively in college? Does is he seem similar to Russell?

We all agree Conley is a great defender, but is he really that much more athletic than Russell? I don't think he is.

Russell could actually become a good defensive player thanks to his great size, length, and IQ.

His defense during SL has been impressive and I wonder if that gives us hope that he could be a plus on that end.

it was Mychal Thompson who said that. That's what Russell looks like when he is being neutered by Scott's Princeton

Funny word choice.

I was sad we didn't draft my guy.
But now, in retrospect, I'm kinda glad for him we didn't.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

Oh yes, cause Scott's Princeton neutered Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving and Jordan Vlarkson's games.

Oh wait....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Oh yes, cause Scott's Princeton neutered Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving and Jordan Vlarkson's games.

Oh wait....
lol it did. In everyone of those scenarios Scott eventually relaxed his outdated Princeton sets before being fired
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Oh wait....
lol it did. In everyone of those scenarios Scott eventually relaxed his outdated Princeton sets before being fired

Also, I think Jordan Clarkson didn't run much of the Princeton Offense towards the end of last year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
22 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Oh wait....

Also, I think Jordan Clarkson didn't run much of the Princeton Offense towards the end of last year.
agreed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
22 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Oh wait....

We ran it. Clarkson was just in charge of what we did and Byron also adjusted it after all-star break to less archaic.

Byron usually with his point guards will run a very strict 'system' style till his point guards get acclimated and know it inside and otu, and then once they 'get it' he gives them the keys and lets them decide whatever they want to do with it and call their own plays, picks, sets, etc. This is what Clarkson did. Once he 'got' everything (which Byron also helped him with by working alone with him on 1 on 1 time) then he gave Clarkson the keys and said 'go' and that's essentially what Clarkson did.

Russell is gonna have the same learning curve/struggle. But once he "gets it" Byron will hand him the keys and say 'go' and we'll see what Russell does with it, because he'll be in charge of it.

Seems to be what Byron does with the point guards.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mnstrdnk wrote:
22 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Oh wait....

We ran it. Clarkson was just in charge of what we did and Byron also adjusted it after all-star break to less archaic.

Byron usually with his point guards will run a very strict 'system' style till his point guards get acclimated and know it inside and otu, and then once they 'get it' he gives them the keys and lets them decide whatever they want to do with it and call their own plays, picks, sets, etc. This is what Clarkson did. Once he 'got' everything (which Byron also helped him with by working alone with him on 1 on 1 time) then he gave Clarkson the keys and said 'go' and that's essentially what Clarkson did.

Russell is gonna have the same learning curve/struggle. But once he "gets it" Byron will hand him the keys and say 'go' and we'll see what Russell does with it, because he'll be in charge of it.

Seems to be what Byron does with the point guards.
I'm calling it here: 45 wins (or more)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: