Lakers In The News, 6/29 & 30, 2015: Lakers trying to clear salary to sign LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers first-round draft pick Larry Nance Jr. said he was "terrified" of his new teammate Kobe Bryant's potential reaction

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers first-round draft pick Larry Nance Jr. said he was "terrified" of his new teammate Kobe Bryant's potential reaction to a tweet Nance sent in 2012 that referred to a sexual assault case involving Bryant.

Russell Wilson: 'Let my play speak for itself'
Wade opts out of deal, will be free agent
Five Royals set to start All-Star Game
Bo Ryan to retire after one more season
sc
"You hear all the stories about how Kobe, or Mr. Bryant, is so intense and just always on edge," Nance.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/larry-nance-jr-terrified-kobe-bryants-reaction-tweet/story?id=32115838
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers' Next Step in Rebuild May Be Leading Them on Path to LaMarcus Aldridge

By Kevin Ding , NBA Senior Writer
Jun 30, 2015

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — You lower your standards in so many ways when things get rough.

You don't even realize the slippage most of the time.

We've heard all about how the Los Angeles Lakers pride themselves on their rich history and their all-about-championships attitude. Now that they're regaining some footing—understandably excited over lucking into the No. 2 overall pick and landing the gem that is D'Angelo Russell—it is time to remind everyone that some standards always drop.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2510660-lakers-next-step-in-rebuild-may-be-leading-them-on-path-to-lamarcus-aldridge
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

LaMarcus Aldridge to meet with seven teams in free agency; Lakers and Rockets are up first

Brett Pollakoff
Jun 30, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT

Depending on who you believe, LaMarcus Aldridge may be leaning toward signing with the Lakers in free agency this summer.

Or, perhaps the Spurs are the frontrunners to retain his services.

All we know at this point is that it’s becoming increasingly unlikely that Aldridge re-ups with the Blazers, at any price. The fact that he has free agent meetings scheduled with seven teams in total — none of which are Portland — should help to hammer that point home.

From Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com:

The Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets will get the first opportunities to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge shortly after the free-agency period officially begins at 9:01 p.m. PT Tuesday in Los Angeles.

Aldridge also will meet with the San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors on Wednesday and with the New York Knicks on Thursday, league sources told ESPN.com.

According to one source, the chance of Aldridge staying with the Portland Trail Blazers is “very unlikely.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/30/lamarcus-aldridge-to-meet-with-seven-teams-in-free-agency-lakers-and-rockets-are-up-first/
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

Here Are The 5 Things You Need To Know Entering NBA Free Agency

Posted: 06/30/2015 11:18 am EDT Updated: 32 minutes ago

If the NBA Draft is a full-on crapshoot (read my winners and losers here and my interview with Karl-Anthony Towns here) then we might as well call free agency a poker game. Why? Because teams have a better idea of who's who at this point, although second and third contracts have a way of changing players. Fit is often just as important as talent, and the right system can make or break a player. As we will examine, that hardly excuses teams of making costly mistakes.

The 2015 free agency may be one year removed from the LeBron James saga, but with two of the league's premier power forwards, Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge, opting out, there remains star power. Free agency begins July 1, and unlike the draft, it lasts more than just a few hours on primetime television. Here are the five most important questions as we get set for the league's second season.

Are The Lakers On Their Way Back?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/30/nba-free-agency_n_7675364.html
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

I still think he's going to the Spurs
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

I hate to say this but we will be left holding nothing when all these guys sign with other teams. I rather we go after some solid no-name players and field our team. LMA is going to the Spurs, Jordan is staying with the Clips, Gasol is staying with the Grizz, Love is staying with CAVs, Bulter is staying with the Bulls, lets NOT waste our time and lose on some other solid players.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
I hate to say this but we will be left holding nothing when all these guys sign with other teams. I rather we go after some solid no-name players and field our team. LMA is going to the Spurs, Jordan is staying with the Clips, Gasol is staying with the Grizz, Love is staying with CAVs, Bulter is staying with the Bulls, lets NOT waste our time and lose on some other solid players.

I think its fine that were fielding the top talent. We can still go after these solid no name players once we know the resolution of all the big names. Im pretty sure well know where everyone is gonna be situated or close by 2 weeks.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers trying to clear salary to sign LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan
By Tim Cato  @tim_cato on Jun 30, 2015, 7:30p 10

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to shed salary to free enough room to sign LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan to max contracts, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Los Angeles has meetings with both players this week when free agency begins Wednesday at 12:01 a.m. ET and could conceivably convince both players to join the Lakers next season. However, the biggest problem is they have little salary to shed.

The three core players for Los Angeles are Kobe Bryant ($25 million), Julius Randle ($3.13 million) and this year's No. 2 pick, D'Angelo Russell ($4.25 million). Those three will be with the Lakers next season barring a blockbuster trade. Other Lakers under contract include Nick Young ($5.22 million), Ryan Kelly ($1.72 million), Robert Sacre, Tarik Black, Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown. The final four are all on non-guaranteed deals worth the veteran's minimum.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/30/8873939/nba-free-agency-2015-lakers-lamarcus-aldridge-deandre-jordan
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Lakers trying to clear salary to sign LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan
By Tim Cato  @tim_cato on Jun 30, 2015, 7:30p 10

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to shed salary to free enough room to sign LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan to max contracts, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Los Angeles has meetings with both players this week when free agency begins Wednesday at 12:01 a.m. ET and could conceivably convince both players to join the Lakers next season. However, the biggest problem is they have little salary to shed.

The three core players for Los Angeles are Kobe Bryant ($25 million), Julius Randle ($3.13 million) and this year's No. 2 pick, D'Angelo Russell ($4.25 million). Those three will be with the Lakers next season barring a blockbuster trade. Other Lakers under contract include Nick Young ($5.22 million), Ryan Kelly ($1.72 million), Robert Sacre, Tarik Black, Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown. The final four are all on non-guaranteed deals worth the veteran's minimum.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/30/8873939/nba-free-agency-2015-lakers-lamarcus-aldridge-deandre-jordan

Lakers getting greedy....I have a bad feeling about this.. We wont have a bench worth damn!!!!!
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject:

I tend to agree that the Lakers should not overplay their hand here. You still need five capable players on the court to win a championship. I would rather go for one of LMA and Love and solve the 5 spot with Chandler/RLopez/Asik. To clear a little more cap space (to get the FA center a little more money) I would deal Kelly and Sacre to a team with cap space (Knicks, Sixers et al.) for a second rounder.

Then give the room exception to someone like Landry Fields or Dorell Wright and we're all set:

Russell/Clarkson/Price
Bryant/Young/JBrown
Fields/ABrown
Love/Randle/Nance
Chandler/Black/Upshaw

I think this would be a squad that could gel pretty quickly with many unselfish players. Playoffs at least, probably contending.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject:

Do you all realize how you sound? Lakers mgmnt swinging for the fences here and you all are saying it's a bad idea. If they didn't you'd be complaining just like you did last year that they did nothing in free agency but sign a bunch of scrubs to short term contracts. This, going big this summer, has always been the plan. You don't become legendary by playing it safe.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject:

LMA + Jordan would be a dream but seems pretty impossible.

LMA + Chandler seems feasible.

Seems good too.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
LMA + Jordan would be a dream but seems pretty impossible.

LMA + Chandler seems feasible.

Seems good too.

Absolutely. That wouldn't be all that much of a dropoff from option A.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Players who were on playoff teams are either going back to their team or joining another playoff team!

Pickings are slim for us, just DON'T OVER PAY or just say NO & wait till these young kids get another year under their belt!!!
HC: Riley
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: