*******Wimbledon*******
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: *******Wimbledon*******

Djokovic bested Kohlschreiber 6 4/ 6 4/ 64

S Williams beat Gasparyan 6 4/ 6 1

M Sharapova easily over Konta 6 2/ 6 2

V Williams smoked Brengle 6 0/ 6 0

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

Saw these scores on the internet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject:

Serena and Maria are in the same draw. They could meet in the semi finals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Interesting that after Novak's comments regarding communicating with the coaching staffs during a match, Serena was admonished for a comment she made to her team during the match.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Interesting that after Novak's comments regarding communicating with the coaching staffs during a match, Serena was admonished for a comment she made to her team during the match.

No coaching rule kinda dumb.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

Djokovic had a easy time with Nieminen 6-4, 6-2, 6-3

Sharapova had no trouble with Hogenkamp 6-3 6-1.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Serena still rolling Williams 6-4, 6-1 Babos*

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Some good matches coming up next round in the men's. All the big players seem comfortable.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

The granddaughter and niece of two ex-Knicks players called Melo soft in an interview after upsetting Karolina Pliskova. Ouch.

Quote:
"I just feel that Carmelo, he is a bit soft," Vandeweghe said, after her second-round, 7-6 (5), 6-4 victory over Karolina Pliskova. "And now this is just my own personal opinion. I think he is soft. I don't think he has a killer instinct in his eyes, at least this last year.

"And I also think he needs people around him that have that killer instinct, because then that brings it out of you," Vandeweghe said. "And with him taking such a high salary, I think that kind of handcuffs the Knicks in being able to get those types of players that are getting big contracts. There's no way around that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/bondy-coco-vandewege-racquet-carmelo-diss-article-1.2277775

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
The granddaughter and niece of two ex-Knicks players called Melo soft in an interview after upsetting Karolina Pliskova. Ouch.

Quote:
"I just feel that Carmelo, he is a bit soft," Vandeweghe said, after her second-round, 7-6 (5), 6-4 victory over Karolina Pliskova. "And now this is just my own personal opinion. I think he is soft. I don't think he has a killer instinct in his eyes, at least this last year.

"And I also think he needs people around him that have that killer instinct, because then that brings it out of you," Vandeweghe said. "And with him taking such a high salary, I think that kind of handcuffs the Knicks in being able to get those types of players that are getting big contracts. There's no way around that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/bondy-coco-vandewege-racquet-carmelo-diss-article-1.2277775

Lol, ouch.

Soft as a skinny-fat guy's oblique.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Wow, shocker at Wimbledon
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Heather Watson is giving Serena all she wants. I was surprised to see Heather is mixed. Tied a set a piece.

I think the crowd is playing a part, it's all Watson. That may be getting to Serena.

Serena down 3 games 0 3rd set.....Looks like a upset in the making

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Quote:

She sounds like some of the morons on this site.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heather Watson is giving Serena all she wants. I was surprised to see Heather is mixed. Tied a set a piece.

I think the crowd is playing a part, it's all Watson. That may be getting to Serena.

Serena down 3 games 0 3rd set.....Looks like a upset in the making

Comeback took a little longer than expected. Credit to Watson for holding at 4-3 after giving up 4 straight games after losing her two break lead but I knew Serena had her after leveling the match. She was serving first in the set so the pressure was on Watson to hold.

Serena was just swinging wildly today and her footwork was really sloppy the whole match.

Last edited by numero-ocho on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

Serena came though in a very tough match. Just when you think she's done she reaches back and finds another gear.

I think the crowd played a part in the match. It was pro Watson. Serena spoke to the chair at one point asking him to ask the crowd to be quiet during play.

Looks like Serena vs Venus. Richard said long ago when Venus was doing most of the winning, Serena was the better player.

I didn't watch the entire match between Nadal and Brown but was surprised by the result 7-5, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 Brown. I thought Brown's drop shots would cause his undoing but they did just the opposite.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Compton's finest gotta face Compton's finest on Monday.

Great match today. Serena is slowing down but she's still bad ass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Compton's finest gotta face Compton's finest on Monday.

Great match today. Serena is slowing down but she's still bad ass.

They've gone head 2 head 25 times. Serena 14 Venus 11 LINK

I'm anxious to see how hard Venus plays. Serena is on the way to a record grand slam wins. I don't think Venus wants to stop the run.

EDIT;

Having said that I think it will be a real test for Serena, Venus is on a roll. I haven't seen he play this well for some time.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Sam Groth with the 147 mph serve, second fastest at wimbledon ever. Comes in a loss to Federer in 4 sets.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Sam Groth with the 147 mph serve, second fastest at wimbledon ever. Comes in a loss to Federer in 4 sets.

I didn't see the match. Did Fed return the serve?

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Serena seems to be setting the stage for Venus advancing by her various comments.

She has never liked playing against her, I have a feeling she allows Venus to advance this time around.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Serena seems to be setting the stage for Venus advancing by her various comments.

She has never liked playing against her, I have a feeling she allows Venus to advance this time around.

If she weren't chasing the slams record I'd agree with you. I think if Venus beats her it'll be because she's the better player on Monday. Serena leads in head 2 heads 14 11.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

I didn't see the match. Did Fed return the serve?

I think he might have gotten a tiny bit of frame onto it. No chance at all on it
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject:

It seems as though Serena beat Venus with ease 6 4, 6 3. I didn't see the match. 4:00am PST is too early for me.

With Serena chasing the calendar slam I had a feeling she'd win but not with such ease.

I'd imagine with the win a lot of pressure has been relieved. Hope she doesn't relax and blow the next match.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

I didn't see it either but I was listening to some commentary and they said Serena looked sharp. That's great to hear because her next two opponents are Azarenka and most likely Sharapova. I hope she Serena Smashes both of them. Both of their draws were a joke.

Watching Federer now. He looks good and it looks like Giles Simon is going to take out Berdych for him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

I have Directv I sometimes watch on 701. It's split screen usually 3 or 4 matches at one time.

Right now they're airing Federer vs Agut, Djokovic vs Anderson and 3 doubls matches.

Anderson's up on Djo 7 6, 3 1

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: