Black Mamba or Black Kitty? Kobe in 2015-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What level of production are you expecting from Kobe?
All-NBA 25/5/5 with renewed energy from 2-yr layoff
33%
 33%  [ 24 ]
Wizard's Jordan 20/4/4 and will guard the worst offensive wing
40%
 40%  [ 29 ]
SMOY 15/3/3 and still a closer
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Will start, but will not have major impact on the court
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Hobbled 10 ppg and under 40% shooting, but healthy
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Gramps won't get on the court more than 40-45 games
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 71

golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Somewhere between options 2 and 3. 17/4/4 in about 27 mins per game.

How some people still don't understand that he'll never average under 20ppg is beyond me. How many years do you need to relearn this?

He'll simply never give up the amount of shots necessary to average under 20ppg.

He has to get on the court to put up the shots. I don't see that happening.

Based on what evidence? He came back from an Achilles injury and a fractured knee cap and played 40mpg.

20 years of evidence is enough. He won't change in his last year, he's going to come out firing and waving off substitutions like he always has.

And realized that he couldn't even play 35 MPG every night.

So they took him down to below 30 MPG and skipping every other game.

When will you guys just learn to let 2006 Kobe go? It's been a friggin decade!

And my prediction is for the same thing to happen this year. He's not going to come out "soft" so he can last all year long. He'll come out gunning and as the Lakers fall back into worst record in the league territory he'll slowly make his way out.

You need to start learning from what you see.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

I see him in a Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Paul Pierce role. Veteran leadership for the young guns on the team. Hit clutch shots in the playoffs to bail 'em out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping Kobe can be at 20/5/5 next year. I know, that's basically my prediction from last year, but I think with more help, he can be more efficient. Go Kobe!
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
He should be more of a facilitator, he didn't shoot it good last year. I think closer to option 3, 17/4/4 38% FG.

I'm hoping that his bad shooting was in part due to the shoulder injury. They said he has actually had it for a few years and the rotator cuff finally tore.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

How some people still don't understand that he'll never average under 20ppg is beyond me. How many years do you need to relearn this?

He'll simply never give up the amount of shots necessary to average under 20ppg.

Based on what evidence? He came back from an Achilles injury and a fractured knee cap and played 40mpg.

20 years of evidence is enough. He won't change in his last year, he's going to come out firing and waving off substitutions like he always has.

And my prediction is for the same thing to happen this year. He's not going to come out "soft" so he can last all year long. He'll come out gunning and as the Lakers fall back into worst record in the league territory he'll slowly make his way out.

What do you mean I need to learn from what I see? This is what you said last year.

golaker wrote:
I predict that those predicting Kobe will average between 20-22 ppg will be wrong and they should be banned once it's established that Kobe is averaging closer to his usual 25ppg.

I predicted 22ppg.

He averaged almost exactly 22ppg (22.3 actually). You need to learn from me!

His averages in January were 14 PPG. I expect an uptick from that, but they're not going to make the same mistake they did last year in playing him so much. He'll be in the high teens this season. Book it.
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

he'll probably broke an ankle after 10 games, but i hope not
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

15/4/4 on 40% shooting in 50 games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

I think that Kobe goes out with a bang, 20-23 ppg and the team winning 35-40 games. He plays 65 games at 32 mpg and ends on his own terms.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What do you mean I need to learn from what I see? This is what you said last year.

golaker wrote:
I predict that those predicting Kobe will average between 20-22 ppg will be wrong and they should be banned once it's established that Kobe is averaging closer to his usual 25ppg.

I predicted 22ppg.

His averages in January were 14 PPG. I expect an uptick from that, but they're not going to make the same mistake they did last year in playing him so much. He'll be in the high teens this season. Book it.

You having memory problems?

You claimed kobe would average 18-22 ppg tops and 22ppg would only be done with "perfect health and luck on his side".

Kobe dropped 22.3 with horrible health and was averaging close to 30 before he started getting injured again.

You were dead wrong, and you'll be wrong again next year. I was right.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I see probably similar to last season stats... 20 ppg 25% shooting 5assists 7 TO's in 32 minutes a game until he gets injured and then we can slower improve our record from an abysmal start.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

My expectations are at an all time low for the Mamba. I love him but I'am not sure his body can handle the physicality of the NBA anymore.

I'am hoping he plays limited amount of minutes and they aren't pointless minutes. Having Kobe (bleep) bryant play 40 minutes on a lottery team is like going grocery shopping with a formula one.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

golaker wrote:

I predicted 22ppg.

You claimed kobe would average 18-22 ppg tops and 22ppg would only be done with "perfect health and luck on his side".

Kobe dropped 22.3 with horrible health and was averaging close to 30 before he started getting injured again.

No, not having memory problems. You?

(In Oct 2014) ringfinger wrote:
20-22 PPG but if I have to pick one number .... 21.5 PPG.

But it depends on how many games he plays also. The more he plays, the lower the number (IMO).

I'm at 31 MPG.

Let the record show you said 25 PPG.

Also, let the record show his PPG was declining further and further in to the season, just as I had said, with a January average of 13.7PPG iirc.

Here's the link for proof: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I said it at least 10 times last year that I had him in the 20-22 PPG range. I was right since 22 PPG is what he had averaged.

You were significantly more incorrect than I, unfortunately for you. What say you?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
In regards to Black Kitty, I believe I've seen that umm film...

Yes . . . a classic . . .

A work of art!
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I think he'll be similar to Wizards Jordan. He'll split his time between the 2 and 3 position. I also expect him to be a little more efficient than last season.

I predict his stats to be:

20ppg/4apg/4rpg/43%fg/32%3fg/30mpg/66 games played
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

golaker wrote:

I predicted 22ppg.

No, not having memory problems. You?

(In Oct 2014) ringfinger wrote:
20-22 PPG but if I have to pick one number .... 21.5 PPG.

But it depends on how many games he plays also. The more he plays, the lower the number (IMO).

I'm at 31 MPG.

Let the record show you said 25 PPG.

Also, let the record show his PPG was declining further and further in to the season, just as I had said, with a January average of 13.7PPG iirc.

Here's the link for proof: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I said it at least 10 times last year that I had him in the 20-22 PPG range. I was right since 22 PPG is what he had averaged.

You were significantly more incorrect than I, unfortunately for you. What say you?

that's cute. Is that the only quote you had on the topic
of Kobe's production?

You posted 1000's of times, and you said many of those times that 22 would be the absolute tops provided excellent health, and you were dead wrong!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Gramps.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
that's cute. Is that the only quote you had on the topic
of Kobe's production?

You posted 1000's of times, and you said many of those times that 22 would be the absolute tops provided excellent health, and you were dead wrong!

Nope. I've got more.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=170430&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
ringfinger wrote:
Still sticking to my 20-22, 5 and 4 projection on 43%-44% shooting over the course of a long 82 game season.

Here's another.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5840682
ringfinger wrote:
Given his age and mileage, I'm going to put him on the Elton Brand trajectory (30% decline) and then pad it a bit just because he's Kobe. (My prediction is 20-22 PPG, my hope is for 40 PPG)

Now check out this gem.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6016104
golaker wrote:
I've stated multiple times I could see him averaging 28 or even 30 a game on this squad and always maintained that 25-5-5 would be the LEAST to expect from the mamba.

I win, you lose, but hey, that was last year and it's in the past. Let's pretend it never happened and debate the merits of his averages for this year cool?
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Love Kobe, but it'll be another injury riddled season smh
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

All NBA 25/5/5
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm not getting into THIS again. I'm retiring from my Kobe predictions while I'm ahead.

Wise, you retire a champ. I have to make a comeback!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
All NBA 25/5/5

Hahaha. I see what you did there.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's final(?) season could be very successful but I think Kobe is too stubborn and Byron is too much of an enabler for it to happen the way it should. The Paul Pierce role would be great for him but I don't see either side going for it.

I'd say limit his shots, limit his minutes (sorry Byron, sitting him out one game and playing him double time the next game so he can keep his averages up is NOT a good idea) and throw his personal stats out the window. Just let him make an impact without wearing him out. That may be 10 ppg in some games, it may be 20 Ppg in others.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
I see probably similar to last season stats... 20 ppg 25% shooting 5assists 7 TO's in 32 minutes a game until he gets injured and then we can slower improve our record from an abysmal start.

Yeah, just like we "improved" our record once he went out with that season ending shoulder injury this past season, right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm not getting into THIS again. I'm retiring from my Kobe predictions while I'm ahead.

Wise, you retire a champ. I have to make a comeback!

I want him to kick some butt this year. I'm all aboard the Kobe train.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
25/5/5, 70+ games played and started.
Not my prediction, but my wish.
Trying to think positive, even if its irrational.

Same for me I think Kobe will go out on top.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: