D'Angelo Russell already recruiting Free Agents to come to Lakers!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: D'Angelo Russell already recruiting Free Agents to come to Lakers!!!

Audio: http://jimrome.com/2015/06/30/dangelo-russell-talks-kobe-bryant-and-lamarcus-aldridge-with-jim-rome/

Quote:
The 2nd overall pick in last week’s NBA Draft, D’Angelo Russell, is still in awe after being selected by the Los Angeles Lakers. Russell told The Jim Rome Show it’s a dream come true to be playing for the purple and gold, as well as play alongside someone he grew up watching: 5-time world champion Kobe Bryant.

“He was the Michael Jordan of my era,” Russell said of Bryant. “Not a lot guys could get spoiled enough to land in one of the greatest franchises in the world and also play under one of the top known vets left in the league, so for me to get to play under him is almost spoiling.”

The 19 year-old is aware of Bryant’s history of being tough on his teammates and the rookie says he wouldn’t want it any other way.

“Man, that’s going to push me,” Russell said of Bryant’s treatment of teammates. “I’m willing to get better and the sooner the better for me, I’m a patient guy. But I would be more worried when he doesn’t talk to me; when he doesn’t try to push me, that shows he doesn’t care. But for him to do that, if that’s what it takes to for me to show blood, sweat and tears, I’m all up for it.”

Russell even made a pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge, the free agent forward who sits atop the Lakers’ wish list.

“Man, who doesn’t want to be in L.A., starting with that. The franchise is on the come up, they’ve been so spoiled with winning around here, losing is not an option,” Russell said. “I mean Portland, he played well, they played well as a team, they made some strides, but L.A., just me being out here for these few days, these few months I was before, there’s nothing like it. A lot of guys want to be here, a lot of guys live here in the summer, so many faces here that you play on the Lakers you are already at the top of the crop of all the people that live here.”

farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Smart man, I really hope LMA can be in laker uniform this season.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Love this kid.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I hope Lamarcus will see the big picture. Him signing here will attract other free agents who wants to win too like Durant. LMA needs to do the right thing and sign with the Purple & Gold. San Antonio is old news, their core over there are getting old and I think their championship window has closed.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

This is another thing overlooked about Russell. He is the ultimate team guy, all his Ohio St. teammates loved him. When he becomes a star, he will attract all the biggest FA's.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm not seeing what's there to attract Aldridge in San Antonio. Maybe 1 last championship for that franchise then Duncan, Ginobli, and Poppazit all retire. Which leaves him with 2-3 more seasons with just Parker, Leonard, and who...Splitter?

Spurs have been great at adding talent around their big 3 but they've always had that big 3 and Pop. If he wants to go to San Antonio he might aswell stay in Portland.

We have a good chance.
ondisplay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
This is another thing overlooked about Russell. He is the ultimate team guy, all his Ohio St. teammates loved him. When he becomes a star, he will attract all the biggest FA's.

Sooner rather than later. If he can beat Randle for ROY hopefully it convinces Durant to sign.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

He already recognizes being a Laker makes you royalty in one of the greatest cities in the world. There really is nothing like being a Laker.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Russell already doing some GM work without even playing a single NBA game yet.

I love it.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

nice job!
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

already getting Randle out of job. this wont end well
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I was a okafor guy but I'm sure him and Towns wouldn't be doing this.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I'VE ALWAYS LIKED D'ANGELO RUSSELL!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Can someone explain to me how that is a pitch?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Only problem is lamarcus is 30 yrs old and has already experienced being on a young team/ damian lillard... Only way it happens if we can sign a other big time free agent to play alongside him.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

GM'gelo Russell
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

As others have stated, because Randle can play SF at times and Aldridge can play some C, if we get Aldridge, Randle can play alongside him. And even if he backs Aldridge up, I expect him to still get significant playing time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: D'Angelo Russell already recruiting Free Agents to come to Lakers!!!

Nashlight wrote:
Audio: http://jimrome.com/2015/06/30/dangelo-russell-talks-kobe-bryant-and-lamarcus-aldridge-with-jim-rome/

Quote:
The 2nd overall pick in last week’s NBA Draft, D’Angelo Russell, is still in awe after being selected by the Los Angeles Lakers. Russell told The Jim Rome Show it’s a dream come true to be playing for the purple and gold, as well as play alongside someone he grew up watching: 5-time world champion Kobe Bryant.

“He was the Michael Jordan of my era,” Russell said of Bryant. “Not a lot guys could get spoiled enough to land in one of the greatest franchises in the world and also play under one of the top known vets left in the league, so for me to get to play under him is almost spoiling.”

The 19 year-old is aware of Bryant’s history of being tough on his teammates and the rookie says he wouldn’t want it any other way.

“Man, that’s going to push me,” Russell said of Bryant’s treatment of teammates. “I’m willing to get better and the sooner the better for me, I’m a patient guy. But I would be more worried when he doesn’t talk to me; when he doesn’t try to push me, that shows he doesn’t care. But for him to do that, if that’s what it takes to for me to show blood, sweat and tears, I’m all up for it.”

Russell even made a pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge, the free agent forward who sits atop the Lakers’ wish list.

“Man, who doesn’t want to be in L.A., starting with that. The franchise is on the come up, they’ve been so spoiled with winning around here, losing is not an option,” Russell said. “I mean Portland, he played well, they played well as a team, they made some strides, but L.A., just me being out here for these few days, these few months I was before, there’s nothing like it. A lot of guys want to be here, a lot of guys live here in the summer, so many faces here that you play on the Lakers you are already at the top of the crop of all the people that live here.”

The young man is just being truthful & honest. He's basically saying what we have known for years!
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

atta boy.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for summer league.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
I'm not seeing what's there to attract Aldridge in San Antonio. Maybe 1 last championship for that franchise then Duncan, Ginobli, and Poppazit all retire. Which leaves him with 2-3 more seasons with just Parker, Leonard, and who...Splitter?

Spurs have been great at adding talent around their big 3 but they've always had that big 3 and Pop. If he wants to go to San Antonio he might aswell stay in Portland.

We have a good chance.

Championship run & close to home
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I've been smiling ears to ears since the draft! This shiz is too exciting!!! How much are summerleague games? lol
resgraph27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

EmoDias wrote:
I've been smiling ears to ears since the draft! This shiz is too exciting!!! How much are summerleague games? lol

$14.95, brother... NBA League Pass, that's how I'm doin' it.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

As others have stated, because Randle can play SF at times and Aldridge can play some C, if we get Aldridge, Randle can play alongside him. And even if he backs Aldridge up, I expect him to still get significant playing time.

Randle at SF sounds like awful basketball.
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

^^ I meant the games in vegas. It would be an awesome summer vacation for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: