D'Angelo Russell already recruiting Free Agents to come to Lakers!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
already getting Randle out of job. this wont end well

As others have stated, because Randle can play SF at times and Aldridge can play some C, if we get Aldridge, Randle can play alongside him. And even if he backs Aldridge up, I expect him to still get significant playing time.

Randle at SF sounds like awful basketball.

Why? He was already pretty quick even with that bulk. Now he's lost 20 lbs and is even more quicker. Plus he can easily overpower them ( other sf). He would be a deadly small ball pf if we can get Alrdridge to play stretch center.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

As others have stated, because Randle can play SF at times and Aldridge can play some C, if we get Aldridge, Randle can play alongside him. And even if he backs Aldridge up, I expect him to still get significant playing time.

Why? He was already pretty quick even with that bulk. Now he's lost 20 lbs and is even more quicker. Plus he can easily overpower them ( other sf). He would be a deadly small ball pf if we can get Alrdridge to play stretch center.

Aldridge can easily play C next to Randle. As much as we all love Randle, the best FA this summer is a PF and is interested in LA. Gotta do what we gotta do to get better.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

because he can't shoot and his handles are good for a bigman but not for a small forward, and if he plans on backing down small forwards where are the rest of the big men going to be? Not to mention he had a hard time beating power forwards off the dribble, so i don't see him getting by any small forwards. I also don't think he can defensively stay with small forwards and will most likely get beaten off the dribble and be fouling guys for and 1s alot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Love this kid.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Great! No knock on Mitch, but we need all the help we can get!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

because he can't shoot and his handles are good for a bigman but not for a small forward, and if he plans on backing down small forwards where are the rest of the big men going to be? Not to mention he had a hard time beating power forwards off the dribble, so i don't see him getting by any small forwards. I also don't think he can defensively stay with small forwards and will most likely get beaten off the dribble and be fouling guys for and 1s alot.

The Lakers have seen a lot more of him then you and they seem to strongly disagree with your assessment.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Putting Randle at SF would be going backwards. We want players to be overly skilled for the position that they play, not only just skilled enough. And we need as much 3 point shooting as we can get. If LA comes, then I hope it's to become our starting center.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

The Lakers have seen a lot more of him then you and they seem to strongly disagree with your assessment.

What does that even mean? Over the years the Lakers have played tons of players out of position and put terrible players on the court.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

And how would you really know without seeing it? He has the ball handling skills to play the position. If his jump shot has improved, and he has dropped weight to gain quickness, that changes a lot. What small forward in the league other than Lebron James could handle Randle in the post? Use him as a post up small forward with a stretch four, and then use him as a face up power forward when he switches to the 4. It's at least worth experimenting with, and Mitch seems to be open to the idea, as well. They are seeing him practice every day, so his opinion indicates they at least believe its a possibility.

Randle creates a mismatch at power forward because of his face up game and quickness. But he also creates a mismatch at small forward due to his size. The big question is can he guard opposing small forwards? And question #2 is what power forward or center do you pair him with who will provide spacing if you are using him in the post.
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

He doesn't have a hard time beating power forwards off the dribble. He's even quicker now so he will be even more active all around including defensively. Remember coach cal forced him to play in the post so we haven't even seen his complete game yet. But we do know its very promising and he is versatile enough to play small forward. I do agree he needs to work on his shot but this is really only his rookie year and he can improve on it. Maybe he can be a borris diaw on super steroids?
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

kinda like our failed Odom at SF attempts

Btw with all the small ball talk remember the "huge" line-up we used against Okc

Kobe
Metta
Odom
Pau
Bynum

kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

He doesn't have a hard time beating power forwards off the dribble. He's even quicker now so he will be even more active all around including defensively. Remember coach cal forced him to play in the post so we haven't even seen his complete game yet. But we do know its very promising and he is versatile enough to play small forward. I do agree he needs to work on his shot but this is really only his rookie year and he can improve on it. Maybe he can be a borris diaw on super steroids?

i'd say borris diaw is a way better shooting ball handler and passer, when i watched randle playing before he got hurt he struggled to get past his defenders resulting in some awful runners being thrown up. So i'd say it would be much much worse when even quicker players can lay off of him and force him to brick jump shots.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
EmoDias wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

i'd say borris diaw is a way better shooting ball handler and passer, when i watched randle playing before he got hurt he struggled to get past his defenders resulting in some awful runners being thrown up. So i'd say it would be much much worse when even quicker players can lay off of him and force him to brick jump shots.

You watched a rookie, heavier, raw, Randle rushing way too much in his first handful of pro games. How about waiting to see his return on court with his current conditioning and shape before judging?
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I can see this rookie's influence has already paid dividends. Oh wait.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Seriously though, if you have a rookie that hasn't played a second in the NBA pitching the team - that's a really bad sign.

Kind of like you are interviewing for a job and someone who just was hired, but hasn't spent a second with the company is telling you how great it would be to work there. And on top it all off, they are straight out of college, first job.

Would you really care what they had to say?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Hope he doesn't quit his day job
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Exactly...hope he's a better PG than recruiter....Christ.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Only problem is lamarcus is 30 yrs old and has already experienced being on a young team/ damian lillard... Only way it happens if we can sign a other big time free agent to play alongside him.

We don't have cap space for that until Kobe's contracts comes off the books.

And I can't imagine that Aldridge cares about the rah-rah talk from a 19-year-old rookie who has yet to play a game.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Well Sacre is impressed....
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject:

What? If you're a grown ass man at 30 years old, wouldn't you love a 19 year old try and recruit you??

How come it didn't work? What happened? Is this real life?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
What? If you're a grown ass man at 30 years old, wouldn't you love a 19 year old try and recruit you??

How come it didn't work? What happened? Is this real life?

Especially if that year 19 year old just spent his last college game getting torched and shutdown.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

So i guess that would suck if we were to send him to Portland in a sign and trade for Aldridge. JK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: