Do you blame Kobe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you blame Kobe
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 24 ]
No
64%
 64%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 68

RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Do you blame Kobe

Do you blame Kobe for agents not coming to LA. I don't
when a team in rebuilding mode no one is coming let face it . kobe here or not, if Kobe leaves next year and we are a lottery team again i would bet the house that there is no big name coming unless you are willing to mortgage the farm for them. sometime the best trade is the one you don't mak
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

If he wasn't Byron Scott lite, then people wouldn't be so turned off at the prospect of coming here.

Like Lamarcus Aldridge really wants to be called toilet paper, in practice, for the world to see and marvel at, by some old dude that is untouchable.

That said, he is who he is, so he isn't entirely at fault, but as the leader of this team, he certainly has to bear some responsibility.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you blame Kobe

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
when a team in rebuilding mode no one is coming let face it . kobe here or not, if Kobe leaves next year and we are a lottery team again i would bet the house that there is no big name coming unless you are willing to mortgage the farm for them. sometime the best trade is the one you don't mak

What kind of agents? You mean like the Matrix?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

honestly, we are in rebuilding mode. not a lot of free agents would love to play for a team like ours.

players want to chase for rings. LMA is 31, he's not gonna wait for our young core to develop. especially after a 19-win season.
until we show the team is ready to compete, there won't be too many top notch players coming to the Lakers.
also, Byron Scott and his basketball philosophies play a factor.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
If he wasn't Byron Scott lite, then people wouldn't be so turned off at the prospect of coming here.

Like Lamarcus Aldridge really wants to be called toilet paper, in practice, for the world to see and marvel at, by some old dude that is untouchable.

That said, he is who he is, so he isn't entirely at fault, but as the leader of this team, he certainly has to bear some responsibility.

Disagree no one going to new york either
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Question LaMarcus Aldridge supposedly asked Kobe was "How much longer are you playing?"

Kobe didn't have a clear answer for that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I dont blame kobe for how he plays...i blame kobe for agreeing to sign his ridiculous 25 mil per year contract..no offense but when i see that...i immediately think this team is not commited to winning.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Drifts wrote:
honestly, we are in rebuilding mode. not a lot of free agents would love to play for a team like ours.

players want to chase for rings. LMA is 31, he's not gonna wait for our young core to develop. especially after a 19-win season.
until we show the team is ready to compete, there won't be too many top notch players coming to the Lakers.

also, Byron Scott and his basketball philosophies play a factor.

Try telling that to the people in the FA thread
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Disagree no one going to new york either

Disagree. Apples aren't checkbooks and neither are flank steaks.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Question LaMarcus Aldridge supposedly asked Kobe was "How much longer are you playing?"

Kobe didn't have a clear answer for that.

Did you make that up or do you have a source for that? I hadn't heard that.

Man, that is two high profile FAs that have asked that now.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

He's not the sole reason but the narrative people refuse to play with Kobe cannot die. At this point, I'm inclined to believe there is some truth to it, even if it's over exaggerated by others.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Kobe deserves some blame, but he shouldn't be the scapegoat. Jim Buss deserves 75% of the blame for giving him that contract.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
I dont blame kobe for how he plays...i blame kobe for agreeing to sign his ridiculous 25 mil per year contract..no offense but when i see that...i immediately think this team is not commited to winning.

I can't understand the concept of turning down $25 million dollars.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Blame the front office for giving him the stupid deal, not the player for taking free money.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe has no business being in those meetings. He is done after this year and should not be involved in the team's future. He was a great player, helped win championships and was very well payed. That should be the end of things.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

where24happens wrote:
Blame the front office for giving him the stupid deal, not the player for taking free money.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you blame Kobe

RusselDoeee01 wrote:

A top free agent wants a team to have assets in place; he doesn't want to be the starting component, he wants to be the final piece. So at this point, we don't really have much to offer, since most of our guys are young and untested. If Randle and Russell pan out in their rookie years, we might be more appealing next year.

At this point, Kobe is probably a negative to drawing free agents. He's 36, has barely played because of injuries the last two seasons, and is likely entering his final year. A top free agent would rather be paired with another top guy in his prime rather than with a legend on the eve of his farewell tour.

After next season, our hope entering the 16-17 season is that Randle, and Russell have shown something; Clarkson has continued to developed; and we have tons of cap room with Kobe's contract coming off the book. If those three guys pan out, then that would be a foundation to entice a couple of max guys to come here together -- say Hasaan Whiteside if he continues to show something and Durant.

Then we have a starting lineup of

Whiteside
Randle
Durant
Clarkson
Russell

and maybe Young, Davis, and whoever else pans out off the bench.

Obviously, that's a lot of ifs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Kobe has no business being in those meetings. He is done after this year and should not be involved in the team's future. He was a great player, helped win championships and was very well payed. That should be the end of things.

True. But I doubt a top free agent is going to come to the team without hearing what Kobe has to say.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

I don't blame Kobe for taking the money. I think the Lakers were foolish to offer him that much. But they did. The only thing I expect from Kobe is not to have a word of complaint about the quality of his teammates. If you are going to eat most of the pie, you can't complain that people go to other tables than yours to eat.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is not the issue.

Being called toilet paper brand names is not the issue either.(even though thats pretty damn funny)

Jordan did the same if not worse to his teammates through intimidation.

The issue is winning and winning now. Players want to win now, they have already been on teams that were subpar and they dont want any part in more of the same so they take the easy way out and join forces with other players to form super teams and they try to win the expedited way.

The Lakers only hope right now is to hope these players like Russell, Randle and Clarkson become badasses.
soltini
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I don't blame Kobe. I just faced reality and know that LA is not where stars want to be anymore. I don't blame them with the front office we have.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

I don't blame Kobe for taking the money. I think the Lakers were foolish to offer him that much. But they did. The only thing I expect from Kobe is not to have a word of complaint about the quality of his teammates. If you are going to eat most of the pie, you can't complain that people go to other tables than yours to eat.

Disagree Lakers treated him right. not like Miami. regardless if he got paid the amount or less the result would have been the same
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I am blaming d'angelo Russell for his tweets to recruit LA
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobe doesn't have control, otherwise we would have hired B. Shaw over Mike brown, and Phil would have cameback when we got Dwight. Our FO is the one treating everyone badly and turning off FAs. People scream for Kobe to have zero influence, but blame him when FAs don't come here?
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

His "Me eat first, everyone gets to lick the plate later" certainly play a role in it. Like I always said many times before, the Lakers won't get anybody until Kobe retires. It is just a fact that you guys have to accept at this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: