At this moment... right now. The Clippers are Screwed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

BallerJohnDoe wrote:
Sounds like people here when Dwight left.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
BallerJohnDoe wrote:
Sounds like people here when Dwight left.

Except its much much worse for the Clippers.

Lakers lost Dwight when we were a non-contending team.

Clippers lost their all-nba center during the midst of title contention. They have no way of replacing him now.

I'd compare it to if the Lakers lost Lamar Odom after the 2009 title.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers are also interested in Ryan Hollins and Amare Stoudemire. That's pretty bad.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

improper wrote:
This is what happens when your star player can't be bothered to recruit his own teammates. If Chris Paul had stepped in and made it seem like he actually wanted Jordan to stick around, I think the Clippers would have been able to keep him. But Paul was too busy on his vacation to really make an effort, while the Mavericks rolled out the red carpet and made Jordan feel welcome.

I don't think they were on good terms. The scene where CP stomped and spat and yelled, "Put it up, you stupid BLOOP!," was a glimpse into their probs.

Sad thing is that both us and them are learning the hard way that LA isn't a deal clincher in and of itself any longer, if it ever was.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:
You guys are laughable.

Clippers are going to get Mcgee who is the closest to DJ. If Doc can turn DJ from a bust to a max players, imagine what he will do for Mcgee who has more upside than DJ.

With Pierce and Stephenson, the Clippers are even better than last year.

I actually did laugh out loud at this absurdity.

Why? DJ was a bust before Doc came along. Clippers fans wanted him gone. Doc changes his game. In 2013, DJ and McGee had same stat.

DJ can't be good if Clippers fans wanted him gone. I wanted him gone because he was a bust like McGee is right now. You don't watch Clippers games to know how much DJ suck before Doc came along.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

And to think they had Spencer Hawes already...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Specter Hawes was terrible for them. He wasn't going to replace DJ.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

There is a thread started by a poster arguing the Clippers are better without DJ. That sounds like Laker fans who said the team was better off without Howard.

Some quotes that got my attention:

Quote:
I rather take a center like Jordan Hill and Koufos to where they have an all around game and will come much cheaper

LOL to this thread... Your like the crying girlfriend/boyfriend saying they're better off after getting dumped...
It sucks... It will hurt... do not kid yourself or pretend otherwise.

JoaKim Noah would be the sort of center that would put the Clippers over the top in my opinion. His game is not pretty, but very effective for the Bulls.

lol of course I would rather take Koufus and Hill but getting them is another issue

I'm the boyfriend saying, "glad she's finally out of my life". Not hurt or happy, just ready to move on.

Does anyone really believe this crap? We'd be better with koufus? Really?

Um, NO! we won't be better without DJ. But whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Idk why you act like DJ is the second coming of Hakeem or Wilt. Those dudes could have actually scored the ball.

I'm okay with being delusional for 1 season. I was doing it for 10 years prior to being actual contenders when we got Chris.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He is just like Dwight, an overgrown clown who thinks he is better on offense than he really is. At least Dwight was a legit 20+ ppg player. DJ is not and has no moves whatsoever.

If the Lakers add Hibbert, this could be good for us. That means Jim Buss is feeling the heat to win now.
Paul for Russell and another player (Clarkson perhaps). They have a solid team to make the playoffs, and take Kobe out and we get a really good young team with a low payroll to make a big splash in free agency 2016 or 2017.

Look, we may get fouling-machine Ryan Hollins back, lol:

We made the playoffs when dj was mediocre, I'm sure we can make the playoffs. Season hasn't started yet. It's cool, people love to root for the underdogs, hope the clippers love playing the underdog role

I hear nothing about Jordan hill. Him and Javale would be perfect. Jordan Hill has a mid range game and he's tenacious on the boards he's so solid for this team to pick up. Playing with Blake if he started, we would spread the floor like no other.

I think Amare and Jordan Hill are our best options. Basically, anyone who can spread the floor so much.

Hill has a nice mid-range shot. Actually, both A'mare and hill.

I'm interested to see if we can unload Jamal's contract and pick up J. Hill it will Make our offense that much more unpredictable! No more doubling Blake and getting away with it. So

Yup. I'm a big advocate for J. Hill, I wonder if dropped the 5.6 million we got tied up with Crawford if he would play for that and we can sign him to more money next year if be produces when the cap goes up.

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Nah. Sign a backup big man or two (anyone), move Griffin to center and go four small; they might actually be better than last year.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Nah. Sign a backup big man or two (anyone), move Griffin to center and go four small; they might actually be better than last year.

They are in trouble.

Small ball only works with MVP Curry and All star Thompson and Green.

Clippers do not have the horses.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Warriors had Bogut who was useful to them. Bogut being injured really hurt the Warriors in 2014. Clippers have nobody like that now.

Also the Clippers had several backup bigs in the last few years and all of them played much worse than DJ.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
70sdude wrote:

They are in trouble.

Small ball only works with MVP Curry and All star Thompson and Green.

Clippers do not have the horses.

Lets face it....the Clippers don't have the efficiency of shooting 3's like the Warriors do. It works for the Warriors just because you have guys like Curry that can shoot 3's with their eyes closed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Warriors had Bogut who was useful to them. Bogut being injured really hurt the Warriors in 2014. Clippers have nobody like that now.

Also the Clippers had several backup bigs in the last few years and all of them played much worse than DJ.

Also DJ was entering his prime. He was borderline all star last year....his production will probably drop without somebody like CP3 in Dallas, but the Clippers will miss with size and athleticism that they won't find in the open market right now.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Quote:
Et Tu, deandre?

D Wade is that you?!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject:

Yeah, they're done for now, and Paul isn't getting any younger. Jordan is hardly flawless, but he covered so many of their weaknesses
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

I'm glad D'Andre Jordan screwed the Clippers by leaving. If you were the Clippers GM and you knew there was this rift between DJ and CP3, would you have traded CP3 to get DJ to stay?

Couldn't they have traded CP3 for maybe Westbrook or maybe DRose or someone like that?

Without DJ at Center, the Clippers are screwed....hahahaha
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I'm glad D'Andre Jordan screwed the Clippers by leaving. If you were the Clippers GM and you knew there was this rift between DJ and CP3, would you have traded CP3 to get DJ to stay?

Couldn't they have traded CP3 for maybe Westbrook or maybe DRose or someone like that?

Hating other must feel good doesn't it? Humanity at its finest

Trade CP3 so DJ can stay??? Your a joke, absolute joke.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan98 wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

Hating the Clippers isn't anything like real life hate. Hate for the Clippers isn't the same deep, grotesque, make-you-want-to-vomit type of hate that one has for child molestors or ISIS or Fox News. No gentlemen, hate for the Clippers is much worse.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:

CP3 for Westbrook? Maybe 3 years ago. Not now. Perhaps they should have tried to trade him for picks and then signed Rondo this summer.
sugi942
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

Flop City is no where near the Celtic hate level for me. Even so, please move to Seattle as soon as possible.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/618483638963961856/photo/1

Only title they'll come close to sniffing.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

My point was that the Clippers might be better with another point guard "almost as good" as CP3 AND DJ than with just CP3 AND NO DJ.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

Hating the Clippers isn't anything like real life hate. Hate for the Clippers isn't the same deep, grotesque, make-you-want-to-vomit type of hate that one has for child molestors or ISIS or Fox News. No gentlemen, hate for the Clippers is much worse.

Hating the Clippers is like that Star Trek Kirk vs Khan type of hate. If I could maroon them in a dead moon, I would.
mbright
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

So DAJ and Parsons are not gay partners?
I seriously thought they were, otherwise why DAJ is so into Parson's pitch pub·lic·ly?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: