OFFICIAL LAKERS YOUTH MOVEMENT THREAD...A Place to Discuss Our Young Players (Not Swaggy P)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I think Clarkson is gonna absolutely kill it in Summer League this year. I expect him to be our best player.

There is something about Clarkson that is scary good. The guy just feels like a killer... you can tell how much he wants it and the work he has put in. You just get the sense that as good as he was last year, he's going to be that much better this year.

All the attention is focused on Randle and Russell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarkson having the best year of the 3. Something already feels different about him, in a good way.

Yup. A lot of people are sleeping on Jordan. It's funny to hear Max talk about Clarkson as "just" a good player. I think Jordan is better than "good". He has it in him to be great IMO.

Just because Clarkson is older, doesn't mean he can't make the same kind of leap that it looks like players like Exum and Gordon are going to make this year. They say the time that players improve their games is in the offseason. I have no doubt that Clarkson killed this offseason. Physically, he looks different and, from everything I have seen, he was in the gym the entire summer. There is an aura of confidence about him that says to me "I put in the work, this NBA thing has clicked in my head, don't get in my way."

That confidence is something that I'm not sure two guys you mentioned have. And I think it's a big factor. Clarkson has proved himself in season, now he's full bore ahead. Gordon and sedum are known to be deer in headlights kind of kids, so I'm not really sold yet on their SL successes translating -- although their play is a good sign no matter how you cut it. Gordon has def improved his shooting
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I think Clarkson is gonna absolutely kill it in Summer League this year. I expect him to be our best player.

There is something about Clarkson that is scary good. The guy just feels like a killer... you can tell how much he wants it and the work he has put in. You just get the sense that as good as he was last year, he's going to be that much better this year.

All the attention is focused on Randle and Russell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarkson having the best year of the 3. Something already feels different about him, in a good way.

Yup. A lot of people are sleeping on Jordan. It's funny to hear Max talk about Clarkson as "just" a good player. I think Jordan is better than "good". He has it in him to be great IMO.

And yet the lounge is filled with people who want to trade him

Yeah but those same people would have traded Magic and Kareem in their primes. They are just yapping to hear themselves talk!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah but those same people would have traded Magic and Kareem in their primes. They are just yapping to hear themselves talk!

Exactly. I'm happy we have Mitch.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Finally Something to be Excited about

We finally have some youth to cheer for and from the looks of it there is a good chance that we will get 3+ impact players.

Clarkson: All League Rookie team, well rounded game, very athletic, can play 3 positions and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Russell: Boy this guy seems like he is going to be a star. Mitch must have been really stoked about his potential to pass on Oakafor. I trust Mitch on this one. Can play 2 positions and great passer and shooter.

Randle: In great shape, a beast, may turn out to be the best player taken in the draft. Can play at least 2 positions and may turn out to be a dominate player.

3 potential stars. Let them establish themselves and sign a few max players and watch out we are back in they dynasty game.

Black, Upshaw, Nance, Brown all see like they can develop into solid role players and all seem like good guys, yes even Upshaw seems like he has matured and is ready to work hard.

With our youth we have inside/outside game, some potentially really good defensive players, speed and power and even some leadership with Russell.

We may not be great next year but it will be great to watch these guys grow. Finally something to cheer for and hope for the future.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
From the clips I've seen in practice, and his draftexpress and his some other highlights - he has the potential to be Kris Middleton dynamic offensively. Which is putting the ball on the floor for a straight line drive attacking a closeout, and also 1-2 dribble pullups. He's not just a catch and shoot guy completely. Big plus for a shooter. And most importantly his jumper looks money.

Brown said he's been studying Middleton and Demare Carroll
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dontbreakmyballz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

I feel good about saying goodbye to Kobe now that we have some promising youth on this squad. 30 games into the season we may be 5-25 and I won't feel so good about it but right now I am actually looking forward to the next chapter in Laker history. I am as high on Upshaw as I was Bynum maybe more so because he seems to actually enjoy the game more. Another guy I am eager to watch is Nance Jr. I always love the pedigree type players. He really improved his game last year, he works his ass off, and his dad was a helluva player. I'm betting on him to have a long career, not a star but a guy that you want on your team.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
From the clips I've seen in practice, and his draftexpress and his some other highlights - he has the potential to be Kris Middleton dynamic offensively. Which is putting the ball on the floor for a straight line drive attacking a closeout, and also 1-2 dribble pullups. He's not just a catch and shoot guy completely. Big plus for a shooter. And most importantly his jumper looks money.

Ariza as well.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ariza as well.

So basically he's been reading LG
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ariza as well.

So basically he's been reading LG

Smart man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 9m9 minutes ago
D'Angelo Russell on pairing alongside Jordan Clarkson: "It's dangerous." Says they both do an "equal" job of rebounding & pushing the ball

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 13m13 minutes ago
D'Angelo Russell says during practice scrimmages, talent-wise teams have been pretty even, but team w/ the better chemistry comes out on top

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
The person I'm going to be watching the most is Robert upshaw. I think he was the most dominant player in this draft class because of what he was able to do on the defensive end. Kids a game changer and perfect for what we're trying to build. I think the lakers actually brought in hibbert specifically for upshaw. If he can learn how to go straight up like hibbert and be in the right position like hibbert he's going to be a force. I expect him to be a laker even if he spends most of this year in the d-league and at practice.

What is scary about him is that he is fundamentally lacking. His defensive skillset is very undeveloped.

And despite that he gets 4 blocks! That's 4 blocks on instincts alone! Imagine how it will be if he develops fundamentals
Did someone say he blocked 4 shots per game....in 24 mins? They didn't? Oh, sorry I let the cat out of the bag.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

They would have traded Magic for George Gervin to get some vet leadership and to let Norm Nixon play his natural pg position. Besides, Magic's trade value was never gonna be higher. Then he injured his knee in year 2 and it was time to trade him before taking a chance that he could be injury prone.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 9m9 minutes ago
D'Angelo Russell on pairing alongside Jordan Clarkson: "It's dangerous." Says they both do an "equal" job of rebounding & pushing the ball

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters · 13m13 minutes ago
D'Angelo Russell says during practice scrimmages, talent-wise teams have been pretty even, but team w/ the better chemistry comes out on top

It's a fack; fast break is comin' back, jack.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Wino wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

They would have traded Magic for George Gervin to get some vet leadership and to let Norm Nixon play his natural pg position. Besides, Magic's trade value was never gonna be higher. Then he injured his knee in year 2 and it was time to trade him before taking a chance that he could be injury prone.

In terms of physical maturity he's a few years ahead of guys like Russell and even Randle. Can't wait to see him in action. He and Randle will be able to physically overwhelm their match ups on most nights because the only guy in Clarkson's weight class at the scoring point spot is Westbrook.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Something to be Excited about

oldlakerfan wrote:
We finally have some youth to cheer for and from the looks of it there is a good chance that we will get 3+ impact players.

Clarkson: All League Rookie team, well rounded game, very athletic, can play 3 positions and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Russell: Boy this guy seems like he is going to be a star. Mitch must have been really stoked about his potential to pass on Oakafor. I trust Mitch on this one. Can play 2 positions and great passer and shooter.

Randle: In great shape, a beast, may turn out to be the best player taken in the draft. Can play at least 2 positions and may turn out to be a dominate player.

3 potential stars. Let them establish themselves and sign a few max players and watch out we are back in they dynasty game.

Black, Upshaw, Nance, Brown all see like they can develop into solid role players and all seem like good guys, yes even Upshaw seems like he has matured and is ready to work hard.

With our youth we have inside/outside game, some potentially really good defensive players, speed and power and even some leadership with Russell.

We may not be great next year but it will be great to watch these guys grow. Finally something to cheer for and hope for the future.
Clarkson said the Lakers will surprise people this year. We haven't seen their practices, but he has. He played with Boozer, Young, Johnson, Sacre, Kelly, WEllington, et al. He's saying that just from watching fellow rookies & 2nd year guy Black. Imagine what happens when their chemistry starts to gel with Kobe, Hibbert, and whatever other solid guys join them.

What excites me is that normally a team has 1 or 2 new guys who make a squad from the spl. This spl team has 4 rookies & 3 sophomores who will probably be on the team. 3 of them should be solid players, if not STARS out of the gate. Another 1 could be with a year or 2 development, and the rest could be solid contributors depending on how they're being used. I wasn't even this excited when the Lakers used the #1 and 14 pick to draft Magic and UCLA shooting expert, Brad Holland in '79. I was nearly this excited when they used #7, 15, & 22 plus 3rd rd pick to draft Kenny Carr, Brad Davis, Norm Nixon, & James Edwards, and then brought in Ernie Digregorio and Lou Hudson. 1977. I saw them practice and was blown away by Nixon's quickness. Imo, this is the best class of rookies the Lakers have ever had and that's why Mitch went against (at least so far) his claim that they don't plan to bring all these new guys into the season. This draft could render him a genius.

Last edited by lakersboy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Latest LN Videos from today.

Randle:

Russell:

Clarkson:
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Randle:

Russell:

Clarkson:
You're making me late to work
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Randle:

Russell:

Clarkson:

Randle says he wants to roll with Lotus Flower

So who's bringing the first Lotus Flower sign at a game?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Something to be Excited about

lakersboy wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Clarkson said the Lakers will surprise people this year. We haven't seen their practices, but he has. He played with Boozer, Young, Johnson, Sacre, Kelly, WEllington, et al. He's saying that just from watching fellow rookies & 2nd year guy Black. Imagine what happens when their chemistry starts to gel with Kobe, Hibbert, and whatever other solid guys join them.

What excites me is that normally a team has 1 or 2 new guys who make a squad from the spl. This spl team has 4 rookies & 3 sophomores who will probably be on the team. 3 of them should be solid players, if not STARS out of the gate. Another 1 could be with a year or 2 development, and the rest could be solid contributors depending on how they're being used. I wasn't even this excited when the Lakers used the #1 and 14 pick to draft Magic and UCLA shooting expert, Brad Holland in '79. I was nearly this excited when they used #7, 15, & 22 plus 3rd rd pick to draft Kenny Carr, Brad Davis, Norm Nixon, & James Edwards, and then brought in Ernie Digregorio and Lou Hudson. 1977. I saw them practice and was blown away by Nixon's quickness. Imo, this is the best class of rookies the Lakers have ever had and that's why Mitch went against (at least so far) his claim that they don't plan to bring all these new guys into the season. This draft could render him a genius.

I remember that like yesterday. I remember Carr was a physical stud who use to bully his way around in college. Got to the pros and couldn't bully the men, and didn't have an outside to compensate. Norm Nixon was the last, and the best, of the first picks that year.

Btw, Carr was selected 6th not 7th.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Something to be Excited about

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

I remember that like yesterday. I remember Carr was a physical stud who use to bully his way around in college. Got to the pros and couldn't bully the men, and didn't have an outside to compensate. Norm Nixon was the last, and the best, of the first picks that year.

Interesting memories. Re: #6 pick, that was Walter Davis who went to the Suns. For years I lamented that the Lakers should have tried to use a couple of picks to get him but he was gone by the 7th pick.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Man, Randle looks like a beast from the latest clips. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Something to be Excited about

lakersboy wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Interesting memories. Re: #6 pick, that was Walter Davis who went to the Suns. For years I lamented that the Lakers should have tried to use a couple of picks to get him but he was gone by the 7th pick.

You know Walter went #5 in that draft right? Davis-5 Carr-6
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

MGTOW
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqLiRBJBvoQ

Am i the only one not impressed by any of them that was a highlight real they looked real sloppy and they was playing vs scrubs. Btw upshaw is a step slow he is out of shape but he looks active and always trying to set a pick
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqLiRBJBvoQ

Randle needs to remember to box out.
Nance isn't as good as he looks in that video.

3 people who can run point in the same lineup (Russell, Clarkson, Randle) ... very interesting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13
Jump to: