OFFICIAL LAKERS YOUTH MOVEMENT THREAD...A Place to Discuss Our Young Players (Not Swaggy P)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

We have enough youth, teams don't win with young players. And you need contracts to make trades. If we get the lottery pick, I would package that with another young player and a vet for a very good role player.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Bumping this thread about The Core. Too much talk about Clarkson, Russell, and Randle not being able to play together, about flipping roles, benching someone, or even trading them.

Over the past five games their 3 man group have the following efficiency ratings on the floor together:

Offensive rating 101.6
Defensive rating 91.1
Net rating +10.5

Going against mostly starters in 105 total minutes, that's pretty impressive.

Thanks for posting fiend. And they're doing this while being handicapped by our current system.

These guys study film together and they're getting smarter. It won't be long until they mutiny against Scott. Like GT said they're starting to play downhill. Which is impossible to do in our schemes. Sooner or later they will say "Eff it" and do their own thing. We need a modern coach ASAP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

I don't think the prospect of us winning at a playoff clip will happen any time soon.....maybe 3 years or so. So I don't think there is any harm acquiring more assets, at the very least it allows us to build depth at an affordable price.

The only way I see us getting back in it big time is

1) We land a marquee, franchise carrying level talent in FA. Not like LA, I am talking about a LeBron type player....upper echelon like shaq when we landed him. That doesn't seem very promising

2) We draft a franchise level talent, again like bron, TD, KB etc....I don't know how likely that is either
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We have enough youth, teams don't win with young players. And you need contracts to make trades. If we get the lottery pick, I would package that with another young player and a vet for a very good role player.

A GM that trades a top 3 pick, with another young player, and a cheap vet for a role player would be fired before ownership signs off on a lopsided deal like that. lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

A GM that trades a top 3 pick, with another young player, and a cheap vet for a role player would be fired before ownership signs off on a lopsided deal like that. lol

Not really, especially if it results in wins. Most owners don't want to wait 4-5 years before their team develops, they prefer to win sooner than that. We have enough youth, we need some good vets to start winning games. We aren't the freakin 76ers.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
teams trade top three picks and expirings for disgruntled stars who wants out of their current team , not for role players.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I mean can you name a role player that has ever netted a top 3 pick in a trade?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not really, especially if it results in wins. Most owners don't want to wait 4-5 years before their team develops, they prefer to win sooner than that. We have enough youth, we need some good vets to start winning games. We aren't the freakin 76ers.

But a top 3 pick and another young player is worth an all star level player, not a role player.

The best way now is to build through the draft and hope 2 of they young players really develop where a big time FA would be willing to come here.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't think you can generalize when it comes to situations like that. I mean Billy King of the Nets subscribed to the "vets" theory. Traded Favors for D Will, the pick that turned out to be Lillard for Gerald Wallace, etc...
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
I don't think you can generalize when it comes to situations like that. I mean Billy King of the Nets subscribed to the "vets" theory. Traded Favors for D Will, the pick that turned out to be Lillard for Gerald Wallace, etc...

Ya, but D Will wasn't a role player at that time. He was up there with CP3
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
bonkers wrote:

Ya, but D Will wasn't a role player at that time. He was up there with CP3

Definitely, although effectively ousting coach Sloan should've raised some red flags. Anyway, I'm just saying it's more than "Trading young prospect for X veteran player." Have to analyze that particular prospect vs. why that particular veteran player is on the market, team needs, etc...
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Only guy I'd trade Top 3 pick for that is somewhat realistic would be Paul George
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Comes down to accumulating talent. That's what facilitates trades and attracts FA come summer time. But the pieces have to fit. Just ask the 6ers.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

how good is this Simons kid that's coming out?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

Probably best prospect since Durant
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

The young guys all gained valuable experience last night. They struggled, at times, on both ends of the floor but overall you have to be content in knowing that they gave a decent effort.

Clarkson, Russell, Randle, Nance and Black all played okay in spurts. That's what young players do; it's all part of developing and growing. I'm happy for all of them. There will better days ahead for them.

I just hope that AB3 can get into the mix and that Black is not relegated back to the doghouse. .
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Randle, Clarkson, & Russell all have some factors working against them, but I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing out of each of them. I was most concerned with Randle after the first 10 games, but he's been demonstrating a much better feel for when & how to attack lately, and has been knocking down his jumper & FTs at a solid rate. Can't wait to see this trio in a real offense and without Kobe taking 23-25 possessions per game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject:

It bugs the shhh out of me that Brown and black get NO mins when they cover many elements of what we are missing.

Brown: spacing and D

Black: athletic in the PnR and can by physical around the rim

Obvuously our core is regarded as Russell/Clarkson/Randle and Nance to lesser extent, but Black and Brown can and should be a big part of our core going forward. Losing Black would be very similar to losing Bazemore.. he'll be a very good role player on another team and we'll kick ourselves.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject:

It makes me sick to my stomach to see Black get no PT.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Not that I'd ever wish injury on a Laker, but I wouldn't be too disappointed seeing Bass turn an ankle and go out for a week or 2 just so Tarik can show what he can do.

The thing that baffles me most tho is that Tarik showed that he can really play last year. I mean I thought he'd unquestionably be getting at least 15-20 minutes behind hibbert this year just based on last year's performance..
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Not that I'd ever wish injury on a Laker, but I wouldn't be too disappointed seeing Bass turn an ankle and go out for a week or 2 just so Tarik can show what he can do.

The thing that baffles me most tho is that Tarik showed that he can really play last year. I mean I thought he'd unquestionably be getting at least 15-20 minutes behind hibbert this year just based on last year's performance..

The FO paid Bass. They have to play him... It's not Bass's fault Byron insist on playing him at center where he's a complete turd there.

Bass/Nance Black at center should get equal rotation in their sub lineups. You can also play Bass with Hibbert. But one thing that's clear is that Bass should not be the center.

Just as Lou Wiliams should never run PG...

But Lord Byron insist...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

Young Lakers play well in loss to the Trail Blazers

Quote:
It was a great performance for the Lakers’ young players. D’Angelo Russell had 16 points, five rebounds, five assists, and shot 6-11 from the field, Julius Randle had 16 points, six rebounds, four assists, three steals and went 8-13 from the field, while Jordan Clarkson went 8-15 from the field and had 19 points, three rebounds, four assists, and four steals.

http://lakersoutsiders.com/2015/11/28/young-lakers-play-well-in-loss-to-the-trail-blazers/
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

But a top 3 pick and another young player is worth an all star level player, not a role player.

The best way now is to build through the draft and hope 2 of they young players really develop where a big time FA would be willing to come here.

This!!
cvballa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

+1

This is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. A top 3 pick is what brings superstars. Look at the top players in the league now. Most were too 3 pick.

Lebron
Westbrook
Durant
Davis
Wall
Griffin
The list goes on

Making that type of trade would cripple a franchise.
cvballa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Probably best prospect since Durant

Good way to put it.

He is a sure fire superstar. It's just a matter of how good. If he can learn how to shoot he will be an absolute monster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: