OFFICIAL ROY HIBBERT THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Defensive Win Shares: (an estimate of number of wins contributed by a player due to his defense)
2014-15: (3.2)( Not top 10, #1 was DJordan at 5.39)
2013-14: #5 (4.97)(Noah #1 at 6.63)
2012-13: #5 (4.86)(P.George #1 at 6.28)

Defensive Box Plus/Minus
2014-15: Not top 10
2013-14: #7 (3.26)(Bogut #1 at 5.57)
2012-13: #5 (3.80)(Noah #1 at 5.07)

Defensive Rating
2014-15: 101 (not top 10, Kahwai #1 at 96.39).
2013-14: #6 (98.18)(Noah #1 at 95.82)
2012-13: #2 (96.87)(Duncan #1 at 94.97)

Another interesting stat (simple +/- per 100 possessions, on court):
2012-13: +9.3
2013-14: +7.4
2014-15: -1.5

Simple analysis:
In 2012 and 2013, Hibbert was a defensive STUD. For whatever reason, something went awry last season. I don’t see how this isn’t tied to Paul George being injured, or no longer having Lance Stephenson. In fact, this makes me feel even better about getting Hibbert. The advanced stats shows he is a certifiably top 5 level-overall defender not only amongst centers, but the NBA.

Nice! It will be great if we can get the defensive presence Hibbert is capable of.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Imagine in 2016 if we somehow land Conley/Batum/Hibbert. That's top level defenders at the PG/SF/C spot, and now DLO/Randle/Clarkson are shielded defensively speaking.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Roy need help with his new twitter handle. Let give him 5 to choose from.

RH2LA2prove

Forgot current twitter handle is Hoya2Pacer

Last edited by DLaker on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Imagine in 2016 if we somehow land Conley/Batum/Hibbert. That's top level defenders at the PG/SF/C spot, and now DLO/Randle/Clarkson are shielded defensively speaking.

I honestly don't see Conley being a top target for them with both Clarkson and Russell on board. After Durant, I expect their targets to be Batum and Horford.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I honestly don't see Conley being a top target for them with both Clarkson and Russell on board. After Durant, I expect their targets to be Batum and Horford.

What are your thoughts on the possibility of the Lakers going after Whiteside if Hibbert isn't retained?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

TBH, I think our big free agent signings next year will be Kobe Bryant, Roy Hibbert and Jordan Clarkson
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

That would be incredible, let's hope Hibbert has a good year, and most important the Lakers have a much better season than last year. If we want to retain top defenders and add top talent a good record is a must. It's going to be very tough just because the west is insanely loaded, but anything can happen. And no more injuries.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This. Conley is redundant with Clarkson and Russell. I don't see us going after Derozan either. It's going to be Durant, Batum and I think we'll reup Hibbert if he turns back into the defensive beast that he was in previous seasons.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
24 wrote:

What are your thoughts on the possibility of the Lakers going after Whiteside if Hibbert isn't retained?

I think if he continues to show out like he did last year, he could move up near the top of their list.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Simple analysis:
In 2012 and 2013, Hibbert was a defensive STUD. For whatever reason, something went awry last season. I don’t see how this isn’t tied to Paul George being injured, or no longer having Lance Stephenson. In fact, this makes me feel even better about getting Hibbert. The advanced stats shows he is a certifiably top 5 level-overall defender not only amongst centers, but the NBA.

He didn't play a lot last season
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Losing 16pounds will help him. He should come in at 250-255 actually

Be a wiery chandler
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Simple analysis:

Nope only 25 mpg. If we can get him to play between 32-35 mpg I think he will make the all-star team.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Hibbert maxes out at 32 mpg he hasn't shown to be able to play more than that during the course of a season. I expect him to be 30mpg for us this season.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Simple analysis:

Nope only 25 mpg. If we can get him to play between 32-35 mpg I think he will make the all-star team.

That's an absurd statement. The years that Hibbert did make the All-Star team, he would not have made it if he played in the West.

To expect that he'll now elevate his game to a level that he'll be able to make the All-Star team in a conference with Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan...that's just ridiculous.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Following up with the above mentioned concept that Hibbert declined last year due to losing two very good perimeter defenders in Stephenson and George.

Who do the Lakers have that play perimeter defense as well as them? I will answer my own question...no one!

Wouldn't that not bode well for Hibbert returning to his All-Star levels if he has average to below average perimeter defenders supporting him?
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Has there ever been a player to just BLOOOWWWW up after a change of scenery? I feel like he is gonna be a pretty good player if he just keeps his head focused.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Simple analysis:

That's an absurd statement. The years that Hibbert did make the All-Star team, he would not have made it if he played in the West.

To expect that he'll now elevate his game to a level that he'll be able to make the All-Star team in a conference with Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan...that's just ridiculous.

I expect him to play around 28 minutes per game, and the only way he mkes the all star team is if the LA fans vote him in. But he can make the all defnse team and that is far more important.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

My expectations is for clarkson & russell to play atleast above average defense
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed. But for illustration purposes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Above average? I'll gladly take NBA average at their positions right now.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Klay thompson was not a defensive player his rookie season but started to pick it up after 1st yr

Thats my expectations from clarkson as well.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Big Shot Bob"]
PICKnPOP wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Simple analysis:

To expect that he'll now elevate his game to a level that he'll be able to make the All-Star team in a conference with Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan...that's just ridiculous

If hibbert plays well enough that laker fans decide he's all-star worthy he will make the game. Lakers are a big market team and fans vote for all-stars. The only player that could edge him would be Howard but he's been on the decline.

I will break it down even further just so you can clearly see my logic

Hibbert + more minutes = greater chance at playing at his previous all star level

All-star caliber hibbert + laker fan base = all star in the west.

Just because you can't see the logic in someone else's ideas doesn't make the ideas absurd. Choose your words wisely next time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Klay thompson was not a defensive player his rookie season but started to pick it up after 1st yr

Thats my expectations from clarkson as well.

But it wasn't above average. The average NBA defender would be a great accomplishment for them this year.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

I think we should expect excitinfo moments from our young core this season but I don't expect that to translate to many wins yet.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I think Russell will actually be the best defender out of all of them because of his elite size and wingspan by position. The only player who might realistically help us is Horford. He's not great at any one thing just solid all-around. Durant is a long-shot. Not a great summer for FAs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 26 of 57
Jump to: