OFFICIAL ROY HIBBERT THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
I've always viewed Hibbert as a big who affects the game simply because of his size. He has always seemed slow and mechanical to me. However, the weight loss seems to have greatly improved his mobility. He moving much more fluidly that I remember. As others have mentioned, I like the fact that he has embraced the role of protecting the paint and his teammates.

Hibbert is the best guy in the league at going straight up to contest shots.

Hibbert has always protected the paint.

I also like the fact that he is feisty and willing to mix it up if he has to.
Isaiah
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Las Vegas (formerly from Metro Manila, Philippines)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I was a little indifferent when he arrived. Like, HOPEFULLY he'll have a decent season. He final years in Indy were not pretty. But watching how he stuck up for Randle and how he busted his tail off to crash the boards might have just made new fan. Hope he keeps that intensity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Seems like a good dude. Glad to have a guy like this on the team unlike past Lakers the past 2 years like Kendall Marshall not sticking up for their teammates.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Here's some QFTOS: Indiana Pacers Edition

Quote:
I was shocked at how well he was moving. Heck how fast he was moving. Hibbert was getting up and down the floor fast. It is the honeymoon right now and preseason. Let's see if he can keep that pace up. He looked better than Lance looked with the Clippers.

Quote:
Remember lighter Hibbert a few years ago?? He could move really well. I missed lighter Hibbert.

Quote:
I wish Hibbert had done more conditioning and running when he was with the Pacers!

Quote:
It's a shame Hibbert didn't put forth that kind of effort this past summer for the Pacers. He might actually fit into the style. But he didn't want to be in Indy and didn't care enough about his fan base to ever even say goodbye. Can't wait until we play them.

Quote:
I watched the game also, and most of Roy's attempts were good looks at the basket. The fallaway shot that you're talking about was definitely a bad shot, but it's also a shot we've seen Roy hit. I didn't think he was looking for his offense much at all, and especially not outside of the flow of the game.

Quote:
IMO if the Lakers are going to stick with those elbow jumpers Vogel encourage Roy to shoot last year you'll have the problems we had. A big one is when he gets pushed out on his turn around jumpers, he falls down, and the Lakers were awful at transition D last year.

Quote:
On to the game, Roy posted a double double playing 32 minutes in an overtime win. It appears he shot and rebounded well. After comments that Roy was the best shooting big on the team and getting his touches, I have no doubt that the Lakers will try and use Roy the same way the Pacers did and see if he returns to both an offensive threat and elite defensive mountain. It's just two preseason games but I'm almost leaning towards Roy making a comeback. I was sure he would be miserable in the West and would be playing less than he did in Indy, but I'm encouraged by his confidence and determination…at least for now.

As for the defensive end, Utah shot over 50% even though Roy played most the game. It's going to be a process having Roy get their defense together. And the Lakers being so bad at transition defense, I don't know how much Roy can help that.

It's only a couple preseason games, but I think it's been mostly positive for Roy. I'm not quite ready to say he'll be back, but he looks determined.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah wrote:
I was a little indifferent when he arrived. Like, HOPEFULLY he'll have a decent season. He final years in Indy were not pretty. But watching how he stuck up for Randle and how he busted his tail off to crash the boards might have just made new fan. Hope he keeps that intensity.

He's been known to be pretty mercurial throughout his career. Sometimes he brings it and looks like a DPOY center, others he looks lazy and doesn't get a single rebound in 30 minutes. I LOVED what I saw last night, and hopefully we can get that Roy at least 75-85% of the time
Isaiah
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Las Vegas (formerly from Metro Manila, Philippines)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Isaiah wrote:

He's been known to be pretty mercurial throughout his career. Sometimes he brings it and looks like a DPOY center, others he looks lazy and doesn't get a single rebound in 30 minutes. I LOVED what I saw last night, and hopefully we can get that Roy at least 75-85% of the time

Completely agree. Maybe we can bring in Aziz Ansari in his Tom Haverford character to each game to fire him up and piss him off coz he owes Hibbert a lot of money. (Parks and Rec reference)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Isaiah wrote:

He's in a contract year so I doubt you'll see much laziness out of him this season.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
I've always viewed Hibbert as a big who affects the game simply because of his size. He has always seemed slow and mechanical to me. However, the weight loss seems to have greatly improved his mobility. He moving much more fluidly that I remember. As others have mentioned, I like the fact that he has embraced the role of protecting the paint and his teammates.

Hibbert is the best guy in the league at going straight up to contest shots.

I saw that too.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
He earned himself a new fan in me tonight. The big brother thing that he did for Randle and just his overall attitude is exactly what we need.

Well said. He's not playing lackadaisically. Hibbert has been playing with purpose. Yeah, he's missed a rotation here or there, which is par for the course, but he's been hustling back in transition better and faster than I recall from the last couple of years. I know it's a stupid little thing, but I liked the quick grin and laugh to Harris after Roy basically baited him into doing something stupid. And Harris obliged. I'm just mind reading, but Hibbert is, as you say, playing with attitude. Can't recall which quarter it was, but another play stuck out to me. Randle (I think) was guarding his guy at the top of the key, and when Randle's man started to drive (which ended up with an un eventful kick out), Randle slid back with his guy, but rotated to the weak side after Roy hollered something at him. Roy's already helping out the young guys and letting them know he has their back on D.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
He earned himself a new fan in me tonight. The big brother thing that he did for Randle and just his overall attitude is exactly what we need.

Well said. He's not playing lackadaisically. Hibbert has been playing with purpose. Yeah, he's missed a rotation here or there, which is par for the course, but he's been hustling back in transition better and faster than I recall from the last couple of years. I know it's a stupid little thing, but I liked the quick grin and laugh to Harris after Roy basically baited him into doing something stupid. And Harris obliged. I'm just mind reading, but Hibbert is, as you say, playing with attitude. Can't recall which quarter it was, but another play stuck out to me. Randle (I think) was guarding his guy at the top of the key, and when Randle's man started to drive (which ended up with an un eventful kick out), Randle slid back with his guy, but rotated to the weak side after Roy hollered something at him. Roy's already helping out the young guys and letting them know he has their back on D.

This. So important to have MWP and Hibbert on this team to coach the youngsters on D
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

hopefully he can be an all-star caliber player. he definitely has the potential to put up 10pt 10reb 3block 4assists
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
hopefully he can be an all-star caliber player. he definitely has the potential to put up 10pt 10reb 3block 4assists

So Julius Randle can't create for teammates and Roy Hibbert can average 4 apg?
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

yes
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

yes

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

yes

Never mind the fact that he's never averaged 10 rpg or 3 rpg, but you are saying that he can double his career high in apg. I don't think you realize how much a player has to have the ball in order to average 4 apg.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

yes

Never mind the fact that he's never averaged 10 rpg or 3 rpg, but you are saying that he can double his career high in apg. I don't think you realize how much a player has to have the ball in order to average 4 apg.

Kinda tells you all you need to know, doesn't it?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

yes

Kinda tells you all you need to know, doesn't it?

that and the tank emoji still in his sig.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Voices wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Voices wrote:
ainsley wrote:
Voices wrote:
Not a huge fan of Hilbert the player, however I believe he is a very decent guy and deserves to be treated with respect. He does have some talent that the Lakers need. I will be behind Hilbert 100%. It serves no purpose to not hope the guy does well.

Is calling him Hilbert a new thing?

You know what is a new thing, you. If you want to make cheesy comments interject some humor, it will serve you well going forward.

He probably thought you talking about his favorite player, Pau Gasol.

This is a Lakers site, in case you have not noticed.

Chill :v
I think you might have been a little too aggressive already.

Hilbert or Hibbert as long as we know it's the same person, who cares!

First of all you are not a mod, second, Hilbert, Hibbert, or Joe Blow who cares. When someone is relatively new they should be more careful addressing "old" posters. His comment was inappropriate because obviously I know Hilbert. My spell check takes Hilbbert and turns it to Hilbert I made a recommendation to one of the newer posters to add humor if he wants to be taken lightly.
If you were one of our veteran posters ie. VLF, I know his frank style of posting and his sarcasm, he has earned his status after many years including being a MOD.
I simply recommended to a new poster to interject humor, which changes his ill advised comment.
Quite frankly you have no credibility to make recommendations or to give advice.
Going forward, have a nice day.
ps. spell check can be a pain in the behind!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Voices wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Voices wrote:
ainsley wrote:
Voices wrote:
Not a huge fan of Hilbert the player, however I believe he is a very decent guy and deserves to be treated with respect. He does have some talent that the Lakers need. I will be behind Hilbert 100%. It serves no purpose to not hope the guy does well.

You know what is a new thing, you. If you want to make cheesy comments interject some humor, it will serve you well going forward.

First of all you are not a mod, second, Hilbert, Hibbert, or Joe Blow who cares. When someone is relatively new they should be more careful addressing "old" posters. His comment was inappropriate because obviously I know Hilbert. My spell check takes Hilbbert and turns it to Hilbert I made a recommendation to one of the newer posters to add humor if he wants to be taken lightly.
If you were one of our veteran posters ie. VLF, I know his frank style of posting and his sarcasm, he has earned his status after many years including being a MOD.
I simply recommended to a new poster to interject humor, which changes his ill advised comment.
Quite frankly you have no credibility to make recommendations or to give advice.

I am a mod, and I agree with volces.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

@ShawnFNBA: Roy Hibbert was seen by an orthopedic surgeon today for "ankle issues" - don't know extent, but 100% doctor visit took place in LA.

Great
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@ShawnFNBA: Roy Hibbert was seen by an orthopedic surgeon today for "ankle issues" - don't know extent, but 100% doctor visit took place in LA.

Great

Don't worry Byron will have him running laps after tonight's game

#OldSchool

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Voices wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
Voices wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Voices wrote:
ainsley wrote:
Voices wrote:

I am a mod, and I agree with volces.

A new poster has the right to say anything a Mod or vet poster can say. You may have been on here longer but a new poster can have higher Basketball IQ, writing capabilities, and ability to be funny than an old poster. He needs to take the same care in addressing a new poster, as an old one or a mod.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Great

Don't worry Byron will have him running laps after tonight's game

#OldSchool

This sucks man. Life.

@ShawnFNBA: Hibbert was walking with no assistance, had a slight limp - can tell he's nursing something

Hopefully it's just your typical sprain but the doctor visit and him being 7-3 is scary
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Great

I'm skeptical that this is a legitimate source, especially since nobody else is reporting it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Well we'll see how he looks in 5 hours..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 40 of 57
Jump to: